• Podcast: Draft Wrap Up w/Jason Taylor  

ding

Jack Martin

4 minutes ago, ding said:

Haha, nah not a of of baggage.

My daughter had been saying for years that we should get matching tatts, as she already had a couple and i had zero. I said yeah, why not..... bugger me if she didnt turn up with a pre-purchased coupon from her tattoo lady. Couldn't renege now could i?

Anyway, we both like cats so we chose cat tattoos.... I got mine on the right forearm to distract attention from the huge scar on my left forearm (from heart surgery). People always ask about the cat-tat but never notice the scar.

Winning bigly.

Are your cats eyes really as big as they look in your avatar?

7 minutes ago, Salems Lot said:

Are your cats eyes really as big as they look in your avatar?

1005749_688087627884845_1308265567_n.jpg

1455949_782595221767418_1141022303_n.jpg

Edited by ding
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

this?

Nominated Football Payments

A player (other than a first-year draft choice or a second-year player) may specify in the nomination form the football payments he will require over two years if selected at a Draft Selection Meeting. By specifying these requirements, the player will be taken to have made an offer to the Club which selects him to accept employment in return for the specified payments. The Club that selects a player who has specified payment requirements will be deemed to have accepted the offer. Immediately following the Draft Selection Meeting, the player and the Club will execute a Contract of Service providing for the specified payments

If selected at the Draft, I shall accept employment with the AFL club selecting me and shall enter into a contract with that club for a period of at least (2) years and for the following remuneration: Term 2 (years) concluding October 31,

REMUNERATION:

Year 1:  ........................................

Year 2: .........................................

(if further years, specify remuneration sought for each year)

I shall advise the AFL immediately in writing should any club selecting me at the Draft Selection Meeting purport to or does any act or thing which would cause or which may have the effect of causing me to receive any lesser payments than those set out in Section B of this nomination form.

NOTE: Remuneration for the purposes of this nomination form shall comprise a monetary amount for each year and the player shall not specify any other benefits or other benefits or other non-financial conditions of employment.

so, ok, can nominate a different amount for year 1 and year 2. this is different than what some media people have indicated

you are partly right as in the above, but there is no provision to add any other contractual terms (write your own contract)

cheers

1 hour ago, ding said:

1005749_688087627884845_1308265567_n.jpg

1455949_782595221767418_1141022303_n.jpg

And it rides a motor bike! even better!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

this?

so, ok, can nominate a different amount for year 1 and year 2. this is different than what some media people have indicated

you are partly right as in the above, but there is no provision to add any other contractual terms (write your own contract)

cheers

As far as it matters to us it seems he can write a big fat number in year 1 and then lesser numbers in years 2 and there after. 

I'm not sure we could even pay his average asking price in year 1, yet alone if that number is bumped up towards 7 figures.

"Melbourne, which holds the second selection, reached out to Martin’s management last week but was told the talented forward remained steadfast on linking up with the Blues. It’s also been reported that Carlton has more cap space than Melbourne after it also missed out on Tom Papley, meaning Martin could price himself out of the Demons’ range."

How Gold Coast Suns can still ‘trade’ Jack Martin to Carlton — outside the AFL trade period

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, DeeSpencer said:

As far as it matters to us it seems he can write a big fat number in year 1 and then lesser numbers in years 2 and there after. 

I'm not sure we could even pay his average asking price in year 1, yet alone if that number is bumped up towards 7 figures.

yeah, fair point. I seem to remember discussion on this in previous years and talk of tightening up on it. seems it never happened.

24 minutes ago, Demonland said:

We're not mentioned in this article.

I guess all of that still applies to us if Martin isn't delisted prior to the draft. 

If we keep working away in the background (which I'm certain we are still doing, but not in the open), it would be negligent of Dover to ignore us IF we could clearly match salary demands. With player salaries still being private, I think there's a fair amount of 'best guess' scenario's being thrown around in these conversations (ie Carlton should have more cap space than Melbourne), but there's still a relative lack of certainty there for all involved.

How good is our poker face? 

29 minutes ago, Lord Nev said:

Carlton has more cap space than Melbourne after it also missed out on Tom Papley,

...and I guess we must have a bit of cap space after missing out on Elliot.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rjay said:

...and I guess we must have a bit of cap space after missing out on Elliot.

Maybe, or maybe our trades, delistings, draft picks etc etc were influenced by not getting Elliot.

This post sounds a lot like my dating history back in the day. 

I wanted her but she didn’t want me - and I was too dumb(?) to not realise and accept that and just let her go.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 10/22/2019 at 5:06 PM, binman said:

Whole lot of charlie

I don’t see any Brownlow medalists in that pic? What am I missing? 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ding said:

Haha, nah not a of of baggage.

My daughter had been saying for years that we should get matching tatts, as she already had a couple and i had zero. I said yeah, why not..... bugger me if she didnt turn up with a pre-purchased coupon from her tattoo lady. Couldn't renege now could i?

Anyway, we both like cats so we chose cat tattoos.... I got mine on the right forearm to distract attention from the huge scar on my left forearm (from heart surgery). People always ask about the cat-tat but never notice the scar.

Winning bigly.

I’m sure a big scar on your arm is “a lot worse” to look at than a cat tatt... ;) 

1 hour ago, ChaserJ said:

I guess all of that still applies to us if Martin isn't delisted prior to the draft. 

If we keep working away in the background (which I'm certain we are still doing, but not in the open), it would be negligent of Dover to ignore us IF we could clearly match salary demands. With player salaries still being private, I think there's a fair amount of 'best guess' scenario's being thrown around in these conversations (ie Carlton should have more cap space than Melbourne), but there's still a relative lack of certainty there for all involved.

How good is our poker face? 

At the very least we need to make Dover and Carlton think we’re going to have a go, make sure he proves himself as high as possible to put pressure on the scum baggers salary cap.

• Like 1

I agree make Carlton think we can pay a hefty sum year one, so that they have to more heavily load their first year. then see how his team mates at carlton think about how much he is getting paid when their contracts come up for renewal, especially if he is not playing well, or injured.

3 hours ago, Demonland said:

We're not mentioned in this article.

Michael Gleeson went on to say that the Dees weren’t mentioned in the story because they ruled themselves out (follow up tweet to the original link to the Age article)

Edited by ChaserJ

I certainly read our interest as merely due diligence on a small forward who could help us in the right situation.

We've never been super keen.

I’m not sure Ricky Nixon is a reputable source but he claims that we are doing plenty behind the scenes with Martin. Several times he’s tweeted that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tough Kent said:

I’m not sure Ricky Nixon is a reputable source

Not sure?

The bloke is a numbskull.  I wouldn't trust a single thing he's saying.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

Not sure?

That's putting it nicely 'Wise'...

18 hours ago, daisycutter said:

this?

cheers

I think the difference is what you pay the player/ what the player nominates and what goes into the salary cap.

1 hour ago, Wiseblood said:

Not sure?

Bit of 3 stooges there Wise?

i'd forget about him

• way over-priced (even on an average year basis)
  • doesn't want to even engage with us
  • will highly upload 1st contract year to get to carlton

only suns might be able to call his bluff as they have a point to make......we shall see