Round 2 Non MFC games

Diamond_Jim

6 hours ago, Nasher said:

Oh did he? Thanks for filling me in, I was in a coma for those years.

I can't ever connect sad football fan consequences with actual real life consequences, but okay.

I like the karma train. Toot toot, Tommy Boy.

20 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

I don't like Scully but do we really have to take pleasure from what could be a serious injury?

Can't stand the bloke, what he did; but Aussies do appreciate stuff.   He needs some acknowledgement.

15 hours ago, hardtack said:

I thought it was absolute rubbish myself. Try putting yourself in the shoes of an 18 year old who is torn between lying or telling the truth and not knowing which will be the more hurtful. People have so overreacted to that series of events and are now showing their true colours with their nasty spiteful comments.

Have we really sold integrity & honesty right down the sewer, in the name of professionalism & big bucks.?

Isn't it hard to trust people in today's society. why is that I wonder with political correctness taking over everything and lying to someones face an accepted habit.

15 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I wouldn’t lie to a dying man, looking them in the eye. 

That i can tell you. 

You may react differently

Truth is we should be able to be taken for our word.

How has such a positive and beneficial thing, been lost in fine-print, and so-called, being not hurtful ?   The damage done in not hurting people's feelings, via Political-Correctness is intolerable.

We are wrecking our ways of life.

With open honesty comes better behaviors, and a more knowing society, which keeps people in better mental health. Trust is her biggest Key to a healthy society.

That 1st quarter of dogs-eagles looked like an obliteration of aussie rules football. I don;t care what the AFL says the standard I have been watching this year is dreadful.

1 minute ago, dl4e said:

That 1st quarter of dogs-eagles looked like an obliteration of aussie rules football. I don;t care what the AFL says the standard I have been watching this year is dreadful.

I haven’t seen the freo game yet, but every other game has been terrible, apart from Adelaide stringing some nice footy together. 

2 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

dogs disenjoying home ground advantage as they drink their bathwater

They drank it all last season. There’s something else going on there this year I feel. Has the coach lost the players?

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Sydney are so slick, neat, clean and skilful.

Their recruiter is the best in the business because every player who comes in has these attributes, no matter where in the draft they are taken.

But most of their draft picks come from their own academy. 

3 hours ago, DV8 said:

Have we really sold integrity & honesty right down the sewer, in the name of professionalism & big bucks.?

Isn't it hard to trust people in today's society. why is that I wonder with political correctness taking over everything and lying to someones face an accepted habit.

Truth is we should be able to be taken for our word.

From a then young Scully’s point of view, I doubt very much that it had anything to do with big bucks and selling honesty and integrity down the sewer.  We are talking about an 18 year old kid who was probably afraid to tell the truth because he was afraid of causing Stynes more pain.  Have you never told a white lie so as not to inflict needless hurt?

If you want to point fingers and hate on people, then go for the people that were truly responsible; his father and his management.  And I have no idea how political correctness managed to sneak into this.

Anyway, that is my take on things and as far as I’m concerned, it doesn’t make me any less of a supporter of this team (as was insinuated in another response I received) that I have been following unerringly for nigh on 60 years. 

I’m prepared to give a person just starting out on his life, the benefit of the doubt. I’m certainly NOT prepared to take pleasure from that player suffering a very severe injury. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DV8 said:

Can't stand the bloke, what he did; but Aussies do appreciate stuff.   He needs some acknowledgement.

Yes. I think it’s pathetic for people to take any joy out of injuries to sportspeople and that applies to Tom Scully. 

However, I don’t have a problem with  GWS having to part with $1m for a player who might not play many games this year.

• Like 3