Goodwin says Viney & TMac out for 6-8 Weeks

On a positive note, with Trac and Salem moving to get more midfield time, we won't be as exposed there as in previous years. And perhaps TMacs absence will provide Wiedemann the opportunity and incentive to transition up to the big time..?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

On a positive note, with Trac and Salem moving to get more midfield time, we won't be as exposed there as in previous years. And perhaps TMacs absence will provide Wiedemann the opportunity and incentive to transition up to the big time..?  

Pedo will definitely get the call up before Weideman

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Dr.D said:

Pedo will definitely get the call up before Weideman

Agree. But the door's open for Wiedeman to break in over coming weeks if Pedo drops off or another goes down.

43 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Who do we blame for Tom?

18 minutes ago, BAMF said:

Oscar of course.

FFS Oscar you bastard! I'm over it! See you next season!

And Frosty for introducing this infections injury into the club, some seasons back.

Toes all the go.

Lets hope the Team gets some.  Toe.

TMAC and Viney will be missed , however we have the depth to compromise. As soon as they are back we will be even stronger.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, picket fence said:

And this again is very old school thinking and management. Any player MUST report all niggles when they occur. 

And if they don't?  Blame the fitness manager I guess, or should that in fact be the doctors themselves ?  can't balme them if we don't know who they are?

Dam it, we need someone to blame en-balme for all this past 50yrs.   Who are those bloody doctors anyway?

Edited by DV8
  • Like 1

We can cover them and as long as we manage to win more than we lose in 1st half of the season I think we will be ok, but as injuries go I hope this is it we probably can’t afford to lose any more top liners could quickly derail our season 

our second half of the year is a lot tougher so fingers crossed both are good to go we may need them 

Edited by brendan

And just when Nate Jones was thinking what fun he was going to have playing off half back!

• Like 1

This is terrible...

BUT if we are truly to become the great club we should be, then this is just a test and some of the other guys will step in the fill the void. We have plenty of talent and some interesting newbies, such as Bayley Fritsch to remind us that we're more than 2 players. This is also a great opportunity for Weideman to step up.

We have a great list. Let's go, boys!! So excited for Sunday.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

I don't care too much about McDonalds injury as it's new and Pedo can come in and do just as well. But Viney, for f#$k sake, they've had 6 months to get it right. I wouldn't have cared if he sat on the couch for 4 months until it was 100% and then build up his cardio after that. Surely the priority is to get his foot right before re-loading. They say he is out for 6-8 weeks. I think most supporters would prefer it to be 15 weeks if it meant he was to be right.  

Pedo is very much a different player though. confident he can step up but he doesn't demand the defense's attention in the same way McDonald does. Mcdonald is a big loss no doubt. i actually think we can more easily cover Viney than we can Mcdonald. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Like others this really xxxxxes me off.

My distress is more about the absence of T Mac. I had resigned myself to the long absence of Viney some weeks ago.

For a few years people have been talking about the need to trade for a decent back up KPP who can play ruck.

We are now one injury away from being in that position again. Love him or hate him Watts was not a useless pinch ruckman.

The Weid needs another year at Casey to show if he has the goods. Pederson might do it once again but who knows.

T Mac last week was a slight toe problem and should be fine for Round 1 or 2.  Now its Round 8.

At the bye our season will be over if we don't turn at 7-4 or better.

Strangely enough I am less concerned about the loss of T Mac as a forward than I am at the loss of our back up ruckman.

Edited by Diamond_Jim
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Like others this really xxxxxes me off.

My distress is more about the absence of T Mac. I had resigned myself to the long absence of Viney some weeks ago.

For a few years people have been talking about the need to trade for a decent back up KPP who can play ruck.

We are now one injury away from being in that position again. Love him or hate him Watts was not a useless pinch ruckman.

The Weid needs another year at Casey to show if he has the goods. Pederson might do it once again but who knows.

T Mac last week was a slight toe problem and should be fine for Round 1 or 2.  Now its Round 8.

At the bye our season will be over if we don't turn at 7-4 or better.

Strangely enough I am less concerned about the loss of T Mac as a forward than I am at the loss of our back up ruckman.

Agreed. TMac is a far bigger loss. It could be time to sit down with Weiderman and talk about “getting ready” sometimes you gotta push yourself beyond the point. 

He needs to back himself. 

TMac is a big unit. That front toe holds a lot of weight when it can, when it can’t it breaks down real fast. 

6-8 weeks could be indefinite....

Terrible news for all involved.  You never like to see anyone get injured, let alone two very important players to your side.  They will be missed.

However, one word jumps out to amongst all this - depth.  We have the best depth we've had in a decade and we have the players to step in and fill the holes left by these two without missing too many beats.  Obviously they won't be on the same level as T Mac and Viney, but we aren't bringing in kids are VFL level players anymore.  We know Pedo can fill gaps better than Selley's can, while someone like Maynard (even though I doubt he plays) has shown he is capable of putting in a good stint in the midfield.  I'd be looking for guys like ANB and Harmes to get extended minutes in the middle as well.

I hope both Viney and T Mac are back sooner rather than later, but this isn't season ending by an stretch.

• Like 3