Jake Lever

dazzledavey36

It seems so long ago that he arrived at Melbourne that his acquisition at times seems to have fallen into the background.

He is a quality KPD still with more development left in him, with at least 10 years remaining, an automatic starting 18 inclusion (and first picked in the backline along with Nev and Pig - TMAC's gone forward now) and he has good decision making and disposal skills (something our current KPD's seem to lack).

His arrival makes us at least a 2 goal better side a game. He'll stop one and give us one by having TMAC go up forward.

I felt that our backline at best stagnated, but more realistically went backwards last year. Not only does he sure up our back half, he makes it better, all the while freeing up TMAC to go forward and team up with Hogan.

His arrival immediately makes us a better side than last year (no matter the cost of 2 first round picks). If Harrison Petty develops into a similarly gifted player, it will help turn our back half into a solid and dour defensive force.

• Like 6

On 22/01/2018 at 11:02 AM, dazzledavey36 said:

cant read this as Im not a subscriber. Apparantly Blight had a go at him for it. Anything noteworthy in the story? 

5 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

cant read this as Im not a subscriber. Apparantly Blight had a go at him for it. Anything noteworthy in the story? 

Enter Jake Lever cant wait to face former side into Google, and click on the first link that comes up.

It works for me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Make no mistake, this was a big get for us. 

Agreed! Best recruit we've signed....well...since the pig lol. Certainly he was a big fish imo.

I think the size of the get was over looked in all the hand wringing post season re losing to the pies and the perception we overpaid...which I honestly dont think we did. I think the exchange was at the very least  fair if not in our favour. When the season starts and hes down there with Pig and Jetta and hunt ...watch out. I for one cant wait.

• Like 1

“It just reeks of self-importance. I reckon he’s got to be more humble or choose his words better, ” Blight told Sportsday radio. “The future will be what it’s going to be, but I had a saying, which I think I nearly invented, and that was: ‘The footy god can sometimes get you’.

Translation:

"Oi young fella - be more humble! 

Oh and by the way everyone else, check out this brilliant phrase I invented!" 

The irony is too much. Jog on, Blighty ... 

Edited by Smokey
  • Like 8
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wells 11 said:

“It just reeks of self-importance. I reckon he’s got to be more humble or choose his words better, ” Blight told Sportsday radio.

lol - this coming from blight, of all people

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Blight is about as relevant as a dog thurd on the lawn.  I did not read any arrogance into his statements, only a 'calm confidence'.  The fact that everyone else at the club is singing his praises, lining up to work with him or off him (see Drunkin's comment re Dec) and you get a sense that we have spent our money and draft picks well.  If he improves our back half, and makes others work harder to get a gig, even better.  2 goals a game better?  Could be more - both his ability to intercept mark and redirect us out of back half pressure, the change in structure with T-Mac forward, but also the overall leadership and pressure on others to meet and hold higher standards.  

23 hours ago, Demon Disciple said:

It seems so long ago that he arrived at Melbourne that his acquisition at times seems to have fallen into the background.

He is a quality KPD still with more development left in him, with at least 10 years remaining, an automatic starting 18 inclusion (and first picked in the backline along with Nev and Pig - TMAC's gone forward now) and he has good decision making and disposal skills (something our current KPD's seem to lack).

His arrival makes us at least a 2 goal better side a game. He'll stop one and give us one by having TMAC go up forward.

I felt that our backline at best stagnated, but more realistically went backwards last year. Not only does he sure up our back half, he makes it better, all the while freeing up TMAC to go forward and team up with Hogan.

His arrival immediately makes us a better side than last year (no matter the cost of 2 first round picks). If Harrison Petty develops into a similarly gifted player, it will help turn our back half into a solid and dour defensive force.

Add to that his leadership skills.

Gonna be an absolute gun for us.

30 minutes ago, Smokey said:

“It just reeks of self-importance. I reckon he’s got to be more humble or choose his words better, ” Blight told Sportsday radio. “The future will be what it’s going to be, but I had a saying, which I think I nearly invented, and that was: ‘The footy god can sometimes get you’.

Translation:

"Oi young fella - be more humble! 

Oh and by the way everyone else, check out this brilliant phrase I invented!" 

The irony is too much. Jog on, Blighty ... 

LOL

Tells Lever to be more humble and that his words reek of self importance...

Then claims he was the inventor of a quote.

Good job Malcolm.

32 minutes ago, DemonAndrew said:

no, it's not

she is a teacher and she is older than him by about 7 years or something, but as far as i am aware was never his teacher

So just to clarify, there was no 'you've been a very naughty boy' type of conversation?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Is it true his fiancé was his school teacher? Elevate him to legend status already. 

You may be confusing him with the French President...

Lever did visit France recently ..?

4 minutes ago, Jack son 5 said:

I shouldn’t have mentioned Mcavaney in my last post. 

Kinda feel like a bit of a [censored] now. 

Yeah I still have a soft spot for Bruce, he's such a passionate lover of all sports, a rare talent in Australia's media, and in my mind, totally unbiased and generally sticks to the topic of the day. Cometti, Bruce and Whateley are our best, although I think Cometti has since retired.

• Like 2

When I read Blight's comment, the first word that came to mind was 'hypocrisy.'  The next two were 'utter' and 'dill'.

Edited by Deeoldfart
Typo

5 hours ago, DemonAndrew said:

no, it's not

she is a teacher and she is older than him by about 7 years or something, but as far as i am aware was never his teacher

He’s not French for goodness sakes. 

Ah chit PRB beat me too it.

Edited by Cards13

17 minutes ago, JAG007 said:

The whole reaction to Lever’s comments just reeks of sour grapes and the SA “chip on the shoulder” syndrome.

Definite sour grapes. They had no issues with recruiting Betts, Gibbs or Thompson. 

Edited by Ethan Tremblay
  • Like 3