Viney's Foot

DeezNuts

3 hours ago, martin said:

And he still keeps taking the bait?

Is he a mastur  in that field?

1 hour ago, MT64 said:

Had a long talk to him in the Mahogany Room prior to the B&F and had normal shoes on. Was really pleased Lever was joining us and looking forward to training with him. Will bring a lot to the team. I never broached the "Jack" topic with him. He really understood the anger and frustration from the supporters (well me anyway) with the late season fade out. A real gentleman and displays a real love of our club.

I am just waiting for some of the naysayers on this board to read that as “definite evidence that he is going to demand a trade at seasons’ end to join his mate Ollie W at Port” ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

F**KING HELL

I just heard a rumour on D-land that he broke it and its nearly detached! Just dangling there on the end of his leg!

Just like Haywood did for the Boston Celtics. 

Look it up if u want it’s pretty gruesome to see it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, monoccular said:

Is he a mastur  in that field?

I am just waiting for some of the naysayers on this board to read that as “definite evidence that he is going to demand a trade at seasons’ end to join his mate Ollie W at Port” ?

Funny you should mention that, heard the same comment at Adelaide airport yesterday. Those concerned were very confident he will be in A port jumper in 2019!

• Haha 1

I will admit, I am in constant frustration of the lack of clarity our club shows regarding most injuries, but especially this one.

I always thought that there'd be no way he'd come back as early as he did and it'd be stupid and risky if he did.. Others assured me that it'd be fine.

I've still got no idea if the latest foot injury is related to the first one. Does anyone know? 

Why can't they just say what the [censored] is up? Why so coy. 

"A sore" spot doesn't cut it for me. 

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:09 AM, DemonOX said:

This was on the MFC website a little while ago confirming him and TMac would have delayed starts to the season.

This is concerning especially if it doesn’t heal correctly. 

Would hate for this to be a continually managed injury which will affect his preparation and season 2018. 

He is too important to us to be in and out of the team. 

Ill tell you now I reckon  he was critically mismanaged and came back far too early! I reckon this potentially could be a fatal injury AKA Trengove!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MT64 said:

Had a long talk to him in the Mahogany Room prior to the B&F and had normal shoes on. Was really pleased Lever was joining us and looking forward to training with him. Will bring a lot to the team. I never broached the "Jack" topic with him. He really understood the anger and frustration from the supporters (well me anyway) with the late season fade out. A real gentleman and displays a real love of our club.

Ps. I disapprove of you new pic.  I checked my notifications and saw one from you... almost pooped.

On 27 October 2017 at 9:05 PM, buck_nekkid said:

Soon enough he will be 'training the house down'.....

We have had no news out of the club except that he and TMac will have a delayed start.  It is a great question  - do we know anything more?  Nate Jones is out running - are there any instagram posts or anything about what Viney is up to?

Nate Jones is out running, was this on the MFC website or has he been spotted? More interested to know if Brayshaw is running with Jones again? I haven't heard anything about Brayshaw after he went off in the VFL GF. ?

9 hours ago, TeamPlayedFine39 said:

Ps. I disapprove of you new pic.  I checked my notifications and saw one from you... almost pooped.

Well I saw the colours and liked it. Nothing to do with my personality.

On 28/10/2017 at 4:51 PM, picket fence said:

Ill tell you now I reckon  he was critically mismanaged and came back far too early! I reckon this potentially could be a fatal injury AKA Trengove!

I had that thought too when he came back so soon but god I hope u r wrong. 

On 10/28/2017 at 10:59 AM, MT64 said:

Good info.

On 10/28/2017 at 5:03 PM, stevethemanjordan said:

I will admit, I am in constant frustration of the lack of clarity our club shows regarding most injuries, but especially this one.

I always thought that there'd be no way he'd come back as early as he did and it'd be stupid and risky if he did.. Others assured me that it'd be fine.

I've still got no idea if the latest foot injury is related to the first one. Does anyone know? 

Why can't they just say what the [censored] is up? Why so coy. 

"A sore" spot doesn't cut it for me. 

The club was adamant that the second injury was not related to the first. It makes sense to me but others may have a view. The plantar fascia is a pretty simple affair once he had undergone the op. Don't think there is any conspiracy aroudn this and if there was any doubt the news would be out. You can't keep that stuff quiet in melbourne for such a long period.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jnrmac said:

The club was adamant that the second injury was not related to the first. It makes sense to me but others may have a view. The plantar fascia is a pretty simple affair once he had undergone the op. Don't think there is any conspiracy aroudn this and if there was any doubt the news would be out. You can't keep that stuff quiet in melbourne for such a long period.

But is related in the sense of additional weight-bearing on the foot due to having to nurse the original one through games?

I'm a physiotherapist and essentially (from what it sounds like to me) is that when Jack came back to play, there was no risk of reinjury to his plantar fascia, however because it had only been a short time since he returned, there was still a substantial amount of pain in his foot. This is not a problem in itself however the pain caused jack to adopt a 'cautious' gait pattern i.e. put his weight through different parts of his foot he would not normally load in order to minimise the pain. This unusual loading to his foot resulted in a stress reaction to his 2nd and 3rd metatarsals (the big long bones in the middle of your foot), which is essentially when the bone cannot keep up with the load it is getting and starts to gradually deteriorate. I understand this never reached stress fracture stage (thank god), but it is why the MFC staff took a fully cautious approach and decided to just get him off it completely. With rest and proper rehab, it will be fine and I dare say he would be back into training within no time. 

Sorry for the ramble but hope this was interesting for people who were wondering! 

GO DEES :) 

• Like 26
  • Thanks 6

6 hours ago, Fork 'em said:

Another injury mismanaged by our second rate quacks. 

Do you think the Docs could stop Viney from playing, and the coaches from selecting him?

Docs.. here is the information about your injury.

Viney/coaches.. so if I play through the pain there will not be any further damage/issues? Ok I'm playing.

6 hours ago, Neitz the Great said:

I'm a physiotherapist and essentially (from what it sounds like to me) is that when Jack came back to play, there was no risk of reinjury to his plantar fascia, however because it had only been a short time since he returned, there was still a substantial amount of pain in his foot. This is not a problem in itself however the pain caused jack to adopt a 'cautious' gait pattern i.e. put his weight through different parts of his foot he would not normally load in order to minimise the pain. This unusual loading to his foot resulted in a stress reaction to his 2nd and 3rd metatarsals (the big long bones in the middle of your foot), which is essentially when the bone cannot keep up with the load it is getting and starts to gradually deteriorate. I understand this never reached stress fracture stage (thank god), but it is why the MFC staff took a fully cautious approach and decided to just get him off it completely. With rest and proper rehab, it will be fine and I dare say he would be back into training within no time. 

Sorry for the ramble but hope this was interesting for people who were wondering! 

GO DEES :) 

Interesting. 

But answer me this:

If the above was the case, why on earth would the medicos have given Jack the green light to play knowing that he was doing so in pain, and therefore at risk of developing a stress reaction or even fracture?

It seems mind bogglingly stupid if you ask me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cards13 said:

Do you think the Docs could stop Viney from playing, and the coaches from selecting him?

Docs.. here is the information about your injury.

Viney/coaches.. so if I play through the pain there will not be any further damage/issues? Ok I'm playing.

Seems there was more damage and injury doesn't there.
Incorrect information provided by the quacks.

It took Richmonds medicos to find that Trengove still had problems.
Amateur hour at the Demons.

39 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

It took Richmonds medicos to find that Trengove still had problems.
Amateur hour at the Demons.

I admit my recollection of all that is fuzzy, but is it not possible that the MFC doctors knew there was a problem but we were hardly likely to tell Richmond that and hoped they wouldn't find out.  Not very ethical, but.....  Or is this interpretation incompatible with the know sequence of events  at the time?

I think it's time for some of our foot fetishists to step up and offer Jack a twice weekly rub. I am not sure who you are but there will be at least one  !!     Uncle B ??