Changes for GWS

rpfc

Hard after a woeful performance like yesterday's to pick only a few.

Out: Hogan, Hannan, JKH, Trengove

In: Pedo, Jones, Kennedy, Vince

11 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Watts is on thin ice, two very weak efforts since his return.

i agree he was porridge yesterday. Does Weidemann deserve a go?

Out Hogan, JKH, Trengove, Harmes, Watts on the thinest of ice,  ANB 

In   Jones , Pedo, Ben Ken, Maynard, Bernie  and if Watts Goes Weeds to replace, or Why not try Smith up forward??

2 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Out Hogan, JKH, Trengove, Harmes, Watts on the thinest of ice,  ANB 

In   Jones , Pedo, Ben Ken, Maynard, Bernie  and if Watts Goes Weeds to replace, or Why not try Smith up forward??

That's an awful lot of left-fielders to pit against a top four side! 

With VInce and Jones back, I wanna see Tracca up forward. He has looked unstoppable there when hes played there.  Hell, he took Michael Hurley to the cleaners when we beat Essendon.

And with Jesse out we need firepower there.

In - Vince. Jones,  Maynard (if he continues his dominant form today at Casey)

Out - Hogan, Trengove, JKH

Weid won't play again this year. Read plappy's latest review.

Out: Hogan, Trenners, JKH

In: Pederson, Vince, Jones.

Trac has to go forward. Would like to see Watts in the ruck again to get some disposals out of him, but I'm afraid Mummy would eat him for breakfast.

52 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Watts is on thin ice, two very weak efforts since his return.

Agree. I was really disappointed in his game yesterday. When hogan went out he needed to will us to victory. I have to say though he should have got a free straight in front whwn thompson dropped it. Hopeless umpiring.

Petracca was also poor. 

I reckon maynard will come in and maybe smith

Wouldn't be surprised to see Maynard come in after being promoted this week. 

His latest VFL review was:  "Corey had 30 disposals, including 20 contested possessions, seven clearances and five tackles. I thought he was the most influential player on the ground on Saturday night. In a game that was tough, due to the conditions, it required players to be strong over the ball and really drive through contested situations...Plapp."

Given that North won the clearances, tackles and contested ball in the last quarter we could have done with Maynard in the game rather than as emergency.

Who comes out?  We have a few players who look underdone after injury (Watts, Gawn, and Viney) or carrying an injury (Hannan, Jetta and maybe Hunt who have take a few hard knocks in recent weeks).  Then there are those who had a shocking day yesterday:  ANB, Harmes and maybe others altho I wouldn't automatically drop a player for a bad game when the whole team played badly. 

It may sound sacrilegious to say but Viney may need a rest as he is playing in great pain and was severely hampered yesterday.  We will have Jones back next week, albeit underdone but he will provide a lot of the grunt.  With Maynard in it would help the midfield contested cause.

In summary, Maynard in.  Take your pick as to who comes out.

• Like 1

Just now, Lucifer's Hero said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Maynard come in after being promoted this week. 

His latest VFL review was:  "Corey had 30 disposals, including 20 contested possessions, seven clearances and five tackles. I thought he was the most influential player on the ground on Saturday night. In a game that was tough, due to the conditions, it required players to be strong over the ball and really drive through contested situations...Plapp."

Given that North won the clearances, tackles and contested ball in the last quarter we could have done with Maynard in the game rather than as emergency.

Who comes out?  We have a few players who look underdone after injury (Watts, Gawn, and Viney) or carrying an injury (Hannan, Jetta and maybe Hunt who have take a few hard knocks in recent weeks).  Then there are those who had a shocking day yesterday:  ANB, Harmes and maybe others altho I wouldn't automatically drop a player for a bad game when the whole team played badly. 

It may sound sacrilegious to say but Viney may need a rest as he is playing in great pain and was severely hampered yesterday.  We will have Jones back next week, albeit underdone but he will provide a lot of the grunt.  With Maynard in it would help the midfield contested cause.

In summary, Maynard in.  Take your pick as to who comes out.

What if he has a shocker in 2 hours from now?

Hogan & Trenners out for Jones & Vince.

Then it's gotta be Hannan or Harmes out, both have struggled the last few weeks and reward the best form at Casey from (Smith, Wagner, Maynard, Pedersen or Weideman-but he might be another pre season away).

It's easy to get angry, okay really angry after a pitiful last quarter effort, but talking about dropping ANB after one bad day when he has been showing improvement and even JKH whom I'm not a fan, but has been reasonable the last couple is an overreaction. 

This year has been a rollercoaster with so many upsets, to be 10-8 with our injuries to key players is still a good season to date. If we make the eight and could win a final, it will have been a great season.

• Like 1

A few people calling for ANB to be dropped. He definitely had a poor game yesterday but he has played pretty consistently over the past few weeks. I think considering he's in our best 22 and has only missed 4 games this season it seems a bit odd to drop him in the most critical part of the season. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Without Hogan now I would think this would be the best 22 we would want in form for the remainder of the season:

B: Jetta Frost Hibberd

HB: Hunt Omac Salem

C: Tyson Oliver Lewis

HF: Hannan Watts Melksham

F: Garlett Tmac Petracca

Fol: Gawn Viney Jones 

Int: Vince Harmes ANB

If we need the extra tall so Tmac can play deeper fwd obviously Pederson would come in with backup ruck duties where he was successful earlier in the season.

Edited by mongrel

17 minutes ago, mongrel said:

HF: Hannan Watts Hannan

may be tricky, mongrel...

i would expect that hogan, trengove and one of jkh / anb / harmes would go out for pedersen, vince and jones but the other factor is whether hannan is crocked with that elbow, and how much longer we can carry a clearly under-performing watts - i suspect if hannan is passed fit it'll be jkh as anb had a down game but has otherwise had a good season, and harmes offers more than jkh too

hopefully brayshaw has a blinder in the vfl to back up last week's return and is a sneaky chance of coming in too

IN: jones, vince, pedersen
OUT: hogan, hannan, trengove

B: Jetta - Frost - Hibberd
HB: Hunt - O Mac - Lewis
C: Tyson - Jones - Vince
HF: Petracca - T Mac - Melksham
F: Pedersen - Watts - Garlett
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
I/C: Salem - JKH - ANB - Harmes
Emerg: Trengove - Stretch - Weideman

• Like 1