Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Carlton

Gorgoroth

11 minutes ago, bandicoot said:

Not a hope he will play VFL. Straight into the seniors 

Yeah I don't know why you'd waste your time sending him to the VFL?

He would have done a heap of running while not playing so not sure how much fitness he would have lost. 

Unless he feels he needs some match practice in the VFL it would be laughable sending him to Casey. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Hogan to return via VFL.

Weed highly likely to be picked.

Sauce - Mitch Cleary, 3AW sports today.

Is Mitch usually reliable? 

I guess we have nothing to worry about this week if Jesse will line up for Casey.

16 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

More likely to play VFL than AFL.

Much less pressure on Jesse to ease back into the limelight especially as Misson highlighted that it is up to Jesse and his 'mindset'. 

While I would love to see Jesse at the G on Sunday, it will be fantastic to see him anywhere having a kick after all he has been through.  Go Jesse!

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 1

If Hogan doesn't play it is time to play the Weed.

While not setting the world on fire he has been around about and with decent delivery he might fire. We have to get a four or five goal game out of a player and I just cannot see it coming from the present players notwithstanding Tom Mc's heroics against West Coast.

Weed has been playing up the ground and can also provide the link mark which is so important in today's football.

Then again I just noticed that the forecast for Sunday is possible showers ... so who knows

This season is becoming so depressing so quickly.

Go dees

Edited by Diamond_Jim

3 hours ago, Demon_spurs said:

Not sure why the hate for Wagner, he was good before he was dropped, everyone here said he was unlucky, his form was ok for Casey, I think he is a project similar to Oscar. That being said, not sure how good a judge I am, cause I was calling for Oscar's head every week, but I am eating humble pie now.

I think the big problem is that circumstances lead to both Wagner and White being picked in the same team the same week.

I had thought (and commented) that making two changes to the defense when they could have got away with one (Hunt staying in defense) lead to imbalance and loss of cohesion.  Including Wagner alone may well have worked out better. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

If Hogan doesn't play it is time to play the Weed.

While not setting the world on fire he has been around about and with decent delivery he might fire. We have to get a four or five goal game out of a player and I just cannot see it coming from the present players notwithstanding Tom Mc's heroics against West Coast.

Weed has been playing up the ground and can also provide the link mark which is so important in today's football.

Then again I just noticed that the forecast for Sunday is possible showers ... so who knows

This season is becoming so depressing so quickly.

Go dees

We are a win over Carlton away from being 9 and 6. Forgive me if I am not depressed about some [censored] injuries.

Get a grip people.

• Like 9

Spoke to Jesse after training today. Said he was happy with what he did with the main group, it went well, but will see how he goes at training on Friday. JKH was training with the forwards, Trengove and Maynard with the mids as was Vince. Not sure on Maynard's status as a rookie but he could be the 'smokey' selection if available to play and if Tyson is not fit, his place could be taken by either Maynard or Trengove.

• Like 13

Imo we'll smash Carlton.  Our defense holds up well and was impressive considering the circumstances vs Sydney. We have more talent across the board. Very confident regardless of outs.

They can smash the midfield but we best them elsewhere. Also Gawn will be better for the week's rest and 2 games. He'll go on a tear.

Edited by praha
  • Like 5

3 minutes ago, praha said:

Imo we'll smash Carlton.  Our defense holds up well and was impressive considering the circumstances vs Sydney. We have more talent across the board. Very confident regardless of outs.

They can smash the midfield but we best them elsewhere. Also Gawn will be better for the week's rest and 2 games. He'll go on a tear.

This talk scares me, Praha - even the Lions will fancy themselves against us at the moment....

Just now, jumbo returns said:

This talk scares me, Praha - even the Lions will fancy themselves against us at the moment....

Rubbish. We have talent across the board and if you couldn't see the endeavour last week you're blind. We got smashed but we'll be better for the rest. We still have more potential in each area of the ground than they do. And all this talk about Carlton's midfield...the worst clearance team in the comp. Lewis and Vince are more than adequate replacements. Not many teams can lose their entire midfield and throw former AA and B&F winners in as replacements. We'll wipe the floor with them. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, praha said:

Rubbish. We have talent across the board and if you couldn't see the endeavour last week you're blind. We got smashed but we'll be better for the rest. We still have more potential in each area of the ground than they do. And all this talk about Carlton's midfield...the worst clearance team in the comp. Lewis and Vince are more than adequate replacements. Not many teams can lose their entire midfield and throw former AA and B&F winners in as replacements. We'll wipe the floor with them. 

I like what you're smoking

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Atholwebb said:

Spoke to Jesse after training today. Said he was happy with what he did with the main group, it went well, but will see how he goes at training on Friday. JKH was training with the forwards, Trengove and Maynard with the mids as was Vince. Not sure on Maynard's status as a rookie but he could be the 'smokey' selection if available to play and if Tyson is not fit, his place could be taken by either Maynard or Trengove.

Howd Tmac look? 

15 hours ago, DemonLad5 said:

Just the 9 touches on Friday and I just feel like Harmes has offered more this year. Wagners 20 disposals keeps him in.

Agree Harmes into the midfield he is strong and hard at it

• Like 2

9 hours ago, praha said:

We have struggled against Carlton in recent times, even with our A graders in! This is an ELITE competition where the strong sides have a blend of superstars and decent players who make up the bottom 6 or 8 in their 22. We are in a position where a handful of our A graders are out, and our bottom players are not up to good AFL standard. You cannot expect the likes of Trengove, JKH, Kennedy, etc to come in and lift the required 10 to 20% as they do not have it in them. Over the next 3 to 4 weeks we should be trying to limit the damage and keep our percentage healthy, so would not be surprised to see Goodwin adopt a very defensive game plan. Carlton by 2 to 3 goals would be a good result.

I was at the junior clinic yesterday and the only players excused were those on crutches Viney & Tyson and those at the tribunal. The players have today and tomorrow off and many are still a bit sore from Friday and cumulative games.

Friday training will determine player suitability. The kids ask all sorts of questions and Jeffy was direct when asked he expects to play Sunday against his old team. Watts looked after basketball drills and didn't do much I doubt he got out of a brisk walk.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, praha said:

We won't smash Carlton. They are the most underrated side in the comp. We'll need to play 4 qtrs just to beat them by 4-5 goals. They'll have a dip all day and will be keen to beat us after we bashed them up rd2.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, praha said:

Was it really?   The scoreboard says it was, but what if they had kicked 19.11 instead of 11.19 ?

22 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

why is it dumb... EPL teams do it all the time

It is part of list management. If it makes sense from a physiological viewpoint let's do it

I think percentage is going to be the deciding factor for us given its high. I dont want to jeopardise it.

21 minutes ago, JTR said:

Was it really?   The scoreboard says it was, but what if they had kicked 19.11 instead of 11.19 ?

You mean like if my aunt was a man, she'd be my uncle..?:wacko:

Edited by PaulRB
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, rjay said:
  15 hours ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Hogan to return via VFL.

Weed highly likely to be picked.

Sauce - Mitch Cleary, 3AW sports today.

If Jesse plays VFL and has an average or below game....will they let him play in AFL the following week assuming all fit and nobody kicks 6 in his place?

14 hours ago, praha said:

But need to stabilise it as far as possible.

Playing both Wagner and White and moving Hunt forward after losing Salem just put it off balance and cohesion.

You can get away with one change in the back 6 if needed, but two was in retrospect almost certainly a big mistake.

Edited by monoccular
  • Like 2