POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 14

Demonland

16 hours ago, nomed said:

Could not post Saturday night.

Lived in Perth since 2000, haven't seen Melbourne win since 2004 in the rain against Freo.

Sat at Subiaco in the rain, when it was cold, when it was hot, at the City end with the sun in your eyes and couldn't see the far end of the ground.

Put up with drunks and moronic West Coast and Fremantle supporters. One drunk wanted to fight Mrs Nomed a few years ago because she cheered a Dee's goal (we left the ground).

Watched year after year of massive disparities in free kick counts, head duckers and thugs roughing up weak Melbourne teams. Lost carton after carton of beers and packets of TIm Tams.

And then this game......

• We beat the crowd!
  • We beat the umpires!
  • We beat the Eagles!
  • But did you recoup any beer or tim tams?
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

And even worse was frost being tripped resulting in a weagle goal. not one commentator picked up on it, during or after the game. watch the replay, as clear as anything 

I could see that one through the binoculars from the opposite end of the ground it was that obvious. Umpiring was abysmal, we had some extremely dodgy frees given to us as well (eg. the hold on Billy Stretch for our first goal, the kicking in danger against Shuey)

24 minutes ago, leucopogon said:

I could see that one through the binoculars from the opposite end of the ground it was that obvious. Umpiring was abysmal, we had some extremely dodgy frees given to us as well (eg. the hold on Billy Stretch for our first goal, the kicking in danger against Shuey)

If you think Sheuy kick wasn't kicking in danger then you are saying  it is only kicking in danger when someone's head is near the moving foot.  But the riule doesn't say that.  When the foot comes that near the hand it is still kicking in danger.  It is often not paid if it is a toe poke, and is too often overlooked,  but when it is as obvious as Shuey's incident it should be paid and usually is.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, nomed said:

Could not post Saturday night.

Lived in Perth since 2000, haven't seen Melbourne win since 2004 in the rain against Freo.

Sat at Subiaco in the rain, when it was cold, when it was hot, at the City end with the sun in your eyes and couldn't see the far end of the ground.

Put up with drunks and moronic West Coast and Fremantle supporters. One drunk wanted to fight Mrs Nomed a few years ago because she cheered a Dee's goal (we left the ground).

Watched year after year of massive disparities in free kick counts, head duckers and thugs roughing up weak Melbourne teams. Lost carton after carton of beers and packets of TIm Tams.

And then this game......

• We beat the crowd!
  • We beat the umpires!
  • We beat the Eagles!

What was the Melbourne contingency like? Sound louder compared to other interstate games. There was a decent roar when we kicked the winning goal and during the song you could faintly hear the crowd singing it in the back on the broadcast.

58 minutes ago, sue said:

If you think Sheuy kick wasn't kicking in danger then you are saying  it is only kicking in danger when someone's head is near the moving foot.  But the riule doesn't say that.  When the foot comes that near the hand it is still kicking in danger.  It is often not paid if it is a toe poke, and is too often overlooked,  but when it is as obvious as Shuey's incident it should be paid and usually is.

You're probably right, but they rarely ever pay that these days so i thought we were lucky on that one. 

Revenge. Sweet revenge. Hurn is out this week as a result of Viney's bump. A little message to the rest of the comp from our Captain courageous beware the consequences if you want to take me on. 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, praha said:

What was the Melbourne contingency like? Sound louder compared to other interstate games. There was a decent roar when we kicked the winning goal and during the song you could faintly hear the crowd singing it in the back on the broadcast.

About three blocks of seating was >90% Melbourne fans (probably about 1000 of us in a tightish unit at the opposite end of the ground to TMacs goal). The roar when it went through was phenomenal.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, It's Time said:

Revenge. Sweet revenge. Hurn is out this week as a result of Viney's bump. A little message to the rest of the comp from our Captain courageous beware the consequences if you want to take me on. 

Hurn is one tough muvverflogger. Extra brownie points for Jack.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, It's Time said:

LOL West Coast supporters must be in full melt down mode

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daisycutter said:

And even worse was frost being tripped resulting in a weagle goal. not one commentator picked up on it, during or after the game. watch the replay, as clear as anything 

That made me so Angry ?!!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, leucopogon said:

You're probably right, but they rarely ever pay that these days so i thought we were lucky on that one. 

That's probably an argument for paying more kicking in danger frees rather than an argument against ours. Definitely thought the free was there watching on TV - he kicked the ball out of Oliver's hands via his fingers.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nasher said:

That's probably an argument for paying more kicking in danger frees rather than an argument against ours. Definitely thought the free was there watching on TV - he kicked the ball out of Oliver's hands via his fingers.

If Shuey had just done a toe-poke to get it clear he might have got away with it. I think they were targeting Clarrie all game, and Shuey saw it was him & took an unnecessarily huge swing at the ball thinking he'd get away with it.

Of course Clarrie totally staged it by waving his hand in the air as if he'd lost all his fingers :roos:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leucopogon said:

There was a total gift of a free to Tom McDonald for a hold that resulted in a shot on goal (a behind) that I couldn't believe was paid. It was abysmal all night, started favouring the eagles in the second half. The Frost trip really annoyed me because it was a momentum changer, if we'd lost I would've looked back on that moment.

But our boys are made of sterner stuff this year, isn't it great!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, leucopogon said:

The Stretch one was absolutely there. You can see the clear hold in the live vision, not the replay. The replay shows them near contest, the hold was earlier as Stretch was trying to run in. 

The one Tom got 48m out was the only truly dodgy one we got. Nothing in it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, praha said:

Fantastic!

Here is the cheersquad singing after the game.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Last 2 minutes with ABC Radio Commentary

Still not entirely certain whether Pedo missed the ball after the Hibberd kick or tried to tap it over his head? Looks like a fumble, but he is partial to the paddle. The other note: if Tmac didn't cop a decent tackle, we had players in the right spots for a dish and goal. Harmes for the first hand-off, then Pedo back in the mix and Hannan free and open. Also - love the still of this you-tube clip - nine Demons occupying the centre of the screen.

8 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

That was better, and better footage too..

Except for the fact that they (AFL?) seemed to have changed the tune for the Club song! It certainly wasn't the same tune sung by the team in the rooms afterward  (or supporters at the G)!

1 hour ago, Skuit said:

Still not entirely certain whether Pedo missed the ball after the Hibberd kick or tried to tap it over his head? Looks like a fumble, but he is partial to the paddle. The other note: if Tmac didn't cop a decent tackle, we had players in the right spots for a dish and goal. Harmes for the first hand-off, then Pedo back in the mix and Hannan free and open. Also - love the still of this you-tube clip - nine Demons occupying the centre of the screen.

I reckon it was a fumble.

I have my own question. Can someone explain to me why Jack Viney runs to the attacking side of the ball-up at 2:23 on that clip? Surely the smarter play was to try to clog it up and force another ball-up.

Edited by Chook