T.McDonald - tried but lacking

O.McDonald - inhibited by size

Hunt - courageous and bold

Bugg - offered very little

Garlett - one quarter performance 

Jetta - often slowed momentum

Wagner - slow and indecisive 

• Like 4

No excuse. I will say this sort of thing is what I predicted something into the year, based purely on age of players. Not that I don't care. It's brutal. But I'm not slitting my wrists.

• Like 3

Watts : Can Tackle !! Skillset improving

TMac : Strong and tireless

Viney: Best Game

OMac: Learning and improving

Frosty : Attacking getting better

Clarrie O : Earned Hodgey's respect (So he copped a bit!!)

Nev: Had bit of Cyrilitis

Cam P : Big Heart

Jack V : Best game.

ALL : Kicking needs working

ALL : Too many circular handballs

ALL : Forwards do better when ball is delivered properly

Dom : Lower your eyes

Hunt : Showed dash /Versatility

Christian S: Quieter but Effective

Jordan L : Nevous early/Excellent later

Nathan J : As above

Jeffy/Trac & Hoges : All came very good after half time

ALL : Cannot give starts !!!

35 minutes ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Gee, Joeboy we lost by 3 points! Your analysis gives the impression that we had a 100 point loss. Very harsh judging.

Not harsh at all, the players need to grow up and learn fast, if they aint capable then offload Quick! Very fair Joeboy! IMO

• Like 3

"too many handballs"... week 7 repeated.

This is what Goodwin has trained over the pre season. But he queries integrity and our effort. Poor show Goody. Watch the game. It was ineffective circular handballs. Oliver is a great young gun but his disposal needs to improve. 

• Like 1

Your Tyson bias is showing a bit 'joeboy', but I guess this is a good wrap from you. I thought he was one of our more consistent contributors today and was involved in as many (I counted 5) goal scoring chains. No clangers & used the ball well. 

4 hours ago, joeboy said:

Tyson - couldn't hurt opposition 

Tyson - running into form.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Gee, Joeboy we lost by 3 points! Your analysis gives the impression that we had a 100 point loss. Very harsh judging.

Not really.  We were diabolical for the first half, played one quarter of real football and then broke almost even in the last.  If we'd played the whole match like the third quarter we'd have given them another 80+ point flogging, and that's really all the Hawks deserve.  They were crap, we were worse. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Gee Bobby ...youre right we did well....wait !! :unsure:

JB isn't 100% but when we're about 50% of what we should be, who's closer the mark ?

That for the most part was crap.

3 points this week will be a 100 next if we play the same.

14 hours ago, joeboy said:

Jones - gradually improved performance 

Viney - Viney of old Best On Ground

Hogan - lots to like

Salem - poor under pressure

Watts - couldn't get involved presentations often ignored

Petracca - needed more input output

Lewis - proved a point

Tyson - couldn't hurt opposition 

Oliver - too much handballing Excellent but kick (more)

Hibberd - a total professional 

Frost - confident but loose a sensational performance

Hannan - just lacks composure

Pedersen - an honest trier

Vince - played too cute

Kennedy-Harris - little to commend worst on ground

T.McDonald - tried but lacking

O.McDonald - inhibited by size showed some promise

Hunt - courageous and bold

Bugg - offered very little

Garlett - one quarter performance played his role

Jetta - often slowed momentum

Wagner - slow and indecisive

I always look forward to reading your three-word analysis Joeboy, even if I agree or disagree with the majority of it.

Here are my adaptations, I think you nailed most of it this week.

As for Oliver I completely agree. He is very handball heavy. He's an excellent and very exciting player who I believe has a very nice foot on him also. I hope the club notice this and encourage him to use it more.

Jetta: Good or bad?

I can't work out how to grade Jetta. On the plus side, Puopolo did nothing and Rioli little. But was that Jetta's work? On the other hand, he keeps going up in packs with two or three other Demons attempting to stop their forwards from marking rather than staying down and being ready for when the ball hits the ground.

4 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I can't work out how to grade Jetta. On the plus side, Puopolo did nothing and Rioli little. But was that Jetta's work? On the other hand, he keeps going up in packs with two or three other Demons attempting to stop their forwards from marking rather than staying down and being ready for when the ball hits the ground.

He is a hard one to grade. But each week he appears to be curbing the influence of the opposition small forwards. So for now, he appears to be doing his job.

Ya see its all perspective...and possibly a one size all feedback wont fit for all of a game.

Here's an example

Jones - Sank us early

Now he did improve, but as captain his game , his clunkers and turnovers cost us dearly. He aided and abetted the enemy for more minutes than is forgivable.

and yet at times he played manfully and with vision.

Its almost as all by him self he epitomises everything thats wrong with Melb Inconsistency.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Jetta seems like our only defender that can get a decent punch on the ball in marking contests. But you are right he should not go up when taller defenders are going for the ball. 

Edited by america de cali

Good to see Viney back to form. 

Trending  - Oscar Mac, Frost

Flat compared to last week - Salem and Petracca

Negative watch - JKH, Bugg

We need a win as reward for 4 quarters of footy.

21 hours ago, rjay said:

Your Tyson bias is showing a bit 'joeboy', but I guess this is a good wrap from you. I thought he was one of our more consistent contributors today and was involved in as many (I counted 5) goal scoring chains. No clangers & used the ball well. 

Tyson - running into form.

Fair call rjay and joeboy. He did have the odd clanger, not that he was the only offender, in the main these were those searching kicks into the corridor to try to create some of the midfield run which were so missing in the first half. 

82% disposal efficiency on Sunday

On 07/05/2017 at 8:58 PM, Bobby McKenzie said:

Yes but the simple fact is we lost again BM.

There were five players out there that are not AFL level players. 

Fill ins is their best but they will not take us to finals.

JKH, O Mac, Wagner, Bugg and Tyson is a front runner does well in games that others win for us.