TEAM SELECTION AND MATCH PREVIEW - ROUND SEVEN

Demonland

31 minutes ago, brendan said:

JKH over ANB Doesn't make sence to me ANB has been great with his forward pressure jkh better be on his game this week 

agree... very confusing

jkh - average for casey, then poor vs tigers and just average v bombers. Must be due for a big game. Needs to apply forward pressure &  kick goals. Last chance?

• Like 1

They must rate Wagner very highly.  He was injured in the first JLT game and if I'm not mistaken played one Casey game were he hurt himself again.  Came back last week and is in this week.  That's about two games over 3 months! 

Having said that Melksham is in awful form.

I don't get Bugg and JKH ahead of Kent and Stretch but there you go.  Bugg has grunt which is good but I'm damned if I know what JKH has, it's certainly not getting the ball or kicking goals!  Saty might be good enough to tell us what his "role" is so we can watch for it on the weekend.

• Like 6

How the heck does the road crews "witches hat" keep his place??? Particularly when Wagner gets a gig ?? Would have gone with Billy Stretch!

11 hours ago, Biffen said:

Takes Goodwin too long to make the obvious decisions.

We can't afford wasted seasons, matches or even quarters.

Slow to bring in Pedo, Frost.

Slow to drop Oscar,Melksham.

I'm particularly unimpressed with Melksham and his use of the first 6 rounds to justify recruiting him.

Who would you have brought in earlier than now to play off half back like Melksham has?  Wagner (only just available), Hibberd (only back 2 weeks), Lewis (not available for 3 of the 5). We haven't exactly had choices even half  proven to play that role. Last week was not bad and I think he only had 1 bad, a couple good and 2 middle of the road. However with now getting some depth back players cant afford to be middle of the road let alone poor. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i want, and expect, a damn good thrashing. dees by 59 points

I'm not so confident.Will be happy  to get the four points.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Fifty-5 said:

Don't over sell it, we're persevering with him to give him a decent run at getting it right.  It's true they rate him but he needs to do more.

We're giving him a good run, that's good of you, hilarious, he was doing ok in JLT but broke his arm, back in as soon as he was right, that must tell you something

Same with Wagner

ANB was slightly off last game and a forward had to make way

Edited by Satyriconhome

1 minute ago, Satyriconhome said:

We're giving him a good run, that's good of you, hilarious, he was doing ok in JLT but broke his arm, back in as soon as he was right, that must tell you something

Same with Wagner

ANB was slightly off last game and a forward had to make eay

Do You think a fully fit and in form dean Kent is rated above jkh? 

I strongly suspect if Kent were in form jkh would be the one who made way for him. 

• Like 1

Just now, Satyriconhome said:

Same with Wagner

ANB was slightly off last game and a forward had to make eay

Like VP says.  Please tell us the specific KPIs he's been meeting so we can watch for them on Sunday.

JKH out of contract at end of 17, Does Tommy Bugg have another after this year? 

I suspect some guys are playing for contracts, and hence given time to earn one.

Kents contracted until the end of 2018. 

Edited by The heart beats true
  • Like 1

Round 7, 1987 I went to my first VFL game.. Melbourne v Collingwood at the G. 

Melbourne won 18.18.126 to Pies 12.8.80

I decided right then that Melbourne were my team. This weekend marks exactly 30 years as a Melbourne supporter.

Dees by 46.

Edited by 3Dee
  • Like 12

This surely does have to be JKH's last go before he gets sent back to Casey. While I thought he did some good things cs Richmond he's hardly been setting the world on fire. There others in better form who deserve a go if he doesn't do much this week. 

Neal-Bullen pretty stiff in my opinion. Aside from a few dodgy kicks, he's been very consistent in applying forward pressure. JKH would surely have to be on his last chance after two 'fumbly' games. I'd much prefer a Stretch or Kent over Jay,

Thrilled to see Wagner back in the 22. I think he could be an important part of the team going forward. He could become a 'second Hibberd' considering his size and kicking skills. 

What a lot of apologists fail to grasp is in reality the only coach/fd that gets it predominantly right is the Premiership one. As we're some distance from that it reasonable to consider we make a lot of errors in judgement. Harris is one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

JKH out of contract at end of 17, Does Tommy Bugg have another after this year? 

I suspect some guys are playing for contracts, and hence given time to earn one.

Kents contracted until the end of 2018. 

suspect some guys are playing for contracts, and hence given time to earn one.

can never understand these sort of cooments, particularly in mid season. I appreciate the VFL is very much a lower competition but surely a good coach can workout a player's future worth there, not jeopardizing wins in the real world

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Deemented Are Go! said:

Can someone remind me how to watch the game on Sunday? I'm in Bali, just tried to watch tonight's game on AFL live just now but won't work..

help!

One of the numerous sports bars - they all seem to have all the AFL games live. I also found the Australian TV cable channel was widely available and shows a few games each week. The apps, not so reliable.

3 hours ago, Abe said:

Do You think a fully fit and in form dean Kent is rated above jkh? 

I strongly suspect if Kent were in form jkh would be the one who made way for him. 

Possibly, but Kent is fit and in form according to Plapp

I don't rate players, it only sets you up for a fall and a serve of humble pie

I'm one who fervently believes that coaches and fd's are nought but human and as such that condition suggests they might not be right all the time.

Depending on advice and pet inclinations they are likely on occasions to persist where unfettered, unbiased , unaccountable views would differ.

( And yes i know precisely the words chosen ) 

Sometimes those in the box, and similar places, have vested interests...indeed egos.

Goody is doing OK. Perfect ? far from it. He'd probably agree. Hes new to Senior coaching...the real thing where bucks stop etc. He WILL make mistakes.

Room for betterment can often be described from hindsight. We now have some.

Its from looking back that you better understand looking forward.

• Like 1