Jayden Hunt's Development

Jhorse

Why the [censored] are we talking about Dangerfield in a Jayden Hunt thread? Hunt is a super exciting prospect for the Dees. Dangerfield is some bloke from another that club that I couldn't give two sh*ts about. How awesome is it seeing Hunt just take off when he gets the ball!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ProDee said:

No.  Danger would have him covered over 20, 50 or 100 metres.

This is nothing to be ashamed of or overly parochial about.  It simply is.

You're more interesting discussing Muslims.

5 minutes ago, Lord Travis said:

Why the [censored] are we talking about Dangerfield in a Jayden Hunt thread? Hunt is a super exciting prospect for the Dees. Dangerfield is some bloke from another that club that I couldn't give two sh*ts about. How awesome is it seeing Hunt just take off when he gets the ball!

If you follow the posts I suspect you'll be able to deduce how it came about.

If not pm me and I'll try and walk you through it.

19 minutes ago, ProDee said:

If you follow the posts I suspect you'll be able to deduce how it came about.

If not pm me and I'll try and walk you through it.

I read a pointless argument that has no conclusion due to lack of facts. Let's talk about Hunt or the guy in your avatar who is having a great year for the red n blue!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, juzzk1d said:

For those of you who may not know this, but there is a MASSIVE difference in terms of speed with and without the ball. A player can be blistering face by running in a straight line over 20metres. You put that same player, ball in hand trying to break a line going as fast as he can it's a completely different story.

You look at Hunt.. he actually doesn't even break stride when he bounces the ball. He bounces it so far in front of him the speed allows him to run onto it perfectly. He is great at this. 

This could be partly due to his above average dexterity and co-ordination - which stems from a tennis playing back ground. Apparently Hunt was an elite tennis player. His Mum was also an above average athlete. So here we have an athletic lad, probably with natural co-ordination/athleticism, but as previously been in a sport which honed those skills. I am not surprised he is developing at quite a speed. 

• Like 1

I went to a number of preseason training sessions and watched Hunt closely during match sims. He looked fit and much stronger than previously. I repeatedly heard the coaches yelling at him to "take 'em on!", "don't wait" and "go, go, go!". It was clear he had amazing speed and could break zones. I had a quick chat with Jason Taylor who had no doubt Hunt would be a beauty if he remained injury free.

His kicking and awareness of opponents continues to be a work in progress, but this will no doubt continue to improve.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Moonshadow said:

I went to a number of preseason training sessions and watched Hunt closely during match sims. He looked fit and much stronger than previously. I repeatedly heard the coaches yelling at him to "take 'em on!", "don't wait" and "go, go, go!". It was clear he had amazing speed and could break zones. I had a quick chat with Jason Taylor who had no doubt Hunt would be a beauty if he remained injury free.

His kicking and awareness of opponents continues to be a work in progress, but this will no doubt continue to improve.

This already looked to have improved again on the weekend.

If he gets that part properly sorted, look out.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, P-man said:

This already looked to have improved again on the weekend.

If he gets that part properly sorted, look out.

Agree it's the only thing that is holding him back although he was really smart with ball in hand on the weekend. 

I can't wait to see another pre-season from him and I reckon we'll see him moved to a far more dangerous position when we sort our defence out in the off-season.

I'm almost certain he'll be tearing up the wings for us next year.

He possesses such a unique blend of attributes. His contested work and contested marking for such a speedy player is extremely rare. 

Clearly a confidence player and the more game games he plays, the more his confidence will grown. Last weekend would have done wonders to this side of his game.

• Like 4

Loved his desperation in Q2 of the game on Sunday when he tried to smother the ball in the goal square as the Adelaide player received the handball, turned and kicked the goal. Hunt was 10-15m away, showed terrific desperation to dash, dive and smother and only just missed it. I'm not sure anyone else would have got close or even tried. Great stuff.

• Like 9

Saw him at Sydney Airport sitting by himself with his burger. He seems to be a quiet kind of guy. Even when he brilliantly created those two goals against the Crows, barely anyone went to him. Get around him, boys! He's gonna be a ripper. I love his surprising ability to spoil. He judges the ball really well in the air.

Edited by AdamPleb
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, AdamPleb said:

Even when he brilliantly created those two goals against the Crows, barely anyone went to him. Get around him, boys! He's gonna be a ripper. 

Noticed that from the clip earlier.
For a 1st goal it was a beauty.
Put us infront to boot.
Kid shoulda got mugged by his teammates.

Edited by Fork 'em
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fork 'em said:

Noticed that from the clip earlier.
For a 1st goal it was a beauty.
Put us infront to boot.
Kid shoulda got mugged by his teammates.

A couple got around him, but I was more referring to the goal he created just before it. It was brilliant. I'm tempted to watch the replay just to see it again.

14 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

Let's talk about Hunt or the guy in your avatar who is having a great year for the red n blue!

You're right, Jack probably doesn't get spoken about enough.

Take the lead, change your avatar to mine and start another thread about him.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2016 at 2:40 PM, Ron Burgundy said:

Seen any footage of Jeffy Garlett?

Yeah he goes ok.

This bloke will give Jeffy opportunities.

Has a rare combination of smarts, courage, speed, strength and confidence.  Hunts the footy, hunts the man.  Will be a better player than most of our highly lauded young brigade, might even be the best of them.

13 hours ago, stevethemanjordan said:

Agree it's the only thing that is holding him back although he was really smart with ball in hand on the weekend. 

I can't wait to see another pre-season from him and I reckon we'll see him moved to a far more dangerous position when we sort our defence out in the off-season.

I'm almost certain he'll be tearing up the wings for us next year.

He possesses such a unique blend of attributes. His contested work and contested marking for such a speedy player is extremely rare. 

Clearly a confidence player and the more game games he plays, the more his confidence will grown. Last weekend would have done wonders to this side of his game.

Should he be played on the wing?

Gives him more space and allows him to be an option for defence to go to

6 minutes ago, dino rover said:

Should he be played on the wing?

Gives him more space and allows him to be an option for defence to go to

He played as a 3rd wingman at times on Sunday. It worked pretty well. I preffer them to run him off half back because then he isnt so effected by the direction of the ruck tap a couple of times it went the wrong side and we just ended up a man short at the contest. Either way when we have so many players some fit, some injured fighting for HBF roles playing Hunt as a wingman/loose man is actually becoming more viable. Having so much pace makes him dangerous as the loose man he can get to more contests than most. 

I don't know about you guys but players like Hunt, Garlett and (probably soon) Petracca* are the reason to go to the footy. They are the ones to make you sit up in anticipation when they have the ball. When they are in the play, footy is fun. Can't wait till Hunt is getting the ball 22 times a match instead of 12. Will cause major mayhem

* And equally loving watching Watts this year play some really good footy. It must be very rewarding for him to silence his detractors in the media

• Like 2

Amazing to think the respect the kid has already won on opposition supporters.

Just read a comment by a freo suporter that said "Stopping the young gun Hunt off the half back will go a long way to beating the demons, he has been exhilarating the past few weeks with his pace off the backline, usually when he gets a run in space the demons end up with a scoring opportunity

Hate to think what he could achieve once he hits the 50 to 80 games mark.

• Like 6

Agreed - fast becoming a fan favorite.  

The football public will really start to give him credit when they see him playing against their own team - doesn't get any love from commentators or the broader media.  If he was a high draft pick, the football world would be in meltdown over him.

A mate of mine is a teacher and tennis coach at Brighton grammar and knows a few of the boys quite well, namely Hunt, Watts, Dawes and Salem.

Says Hunt was exceptional at tennis and is a very switched on A grade bloke.

Had nothing but praise for all our Brighton boys really, as far as good character goes.

I love how Hunt takes the game on, very exciting and brings a lot to the team.