• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POST MATCH DISCUSSION - Round 7

Demonland

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

Crazy stat -   Tracca and Oliver combined for 9 kicks and 38 handballs

Go Dees

I Reckon Trac isn't too far behind Clarry with his quality by hand-  freaks in close. 

59 minutes ago, Miracle said:

Does anyone know the last time we had 75 inside 50's. 

Not sure but we had 34 to 17 at half time and were only 5 points up...very wasteful..

37 minutes ago, RalphiusMaximus said:

Just for a point of reference........  

Hunt is showing what he can do.  Now the next step is to hit targets better.  Right now he's Sprint, Sprint, Sprint, Bomb and we need him to be more Sprint, Sprint, Steady, Hit target.  What I really love in his game though is that he uses his pace to get to contests and defend.  He's what we wanted Blease to be. 

Sorry to say, but Scully would be the outside runner we need and probably rack up 40 touches a game with our inside ball-winners feeding him. 

Can't really comment on tonight until I see a replay (watched on a phone - not ideal) but against the Pies & Tigers young Hunt didn't just bomb. He put a few kicks to dangerous spots such as the top of the goalsquare. Rapt to see him do well. He was an intriguing selection.

Agree with the Scully comment as well. He's been playing good footy for the past year and provides the outside run we lack.

1 hour ago, Petraccattack said:

Im not mathematician but if seems that if the Doggies beat Adelaide by around 45 points we will be in the 8

Just wait until that Essendon game bites us on the arse later this year.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, The Reverend said:

We actually moved up the ladder last week despite our loss, so this sort of squares the ledger.

So how are you feeling Rev?

please stay in China your move has turned to gold for the MFC .

• Like 2

Can't wait to watch the replay, couldn't really watch properly earlier as was at my old man's for his bday and the kids were running riot. That 3rd quarter was electric, every time I looked up wed kicked another. 8 or 9 goals in half a quarter!

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

Can't believe that Brayshaw, Salem and Vandenberg were missing from the squad. Add to that Hogans and Watts didn't have the best of days

I finally believe that we are well on the way to having a side capable of winning a premiership. Add in a bit of (quality) depth and maybe a nice trade or two this summer and next year could be the time for a push at a flag!

We can only hope for a better draw next year too!

Edited by trenners_09
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Just wait until that Essendon game bites us on the arse later this year.

In a weird way, i hope it does. That way it again reinforces to the playing group that being down in intent (even if only for one game), can be very costly. You need hunger and to give 100% effort for as long as you can. No half-arsed efforts, no complacency, no arrogance, just 100% effort.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Deeoldfart said:

I love Demonland on nights like this!

I'm a bit disappointed it hasn't crashed.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Demon Disciple said:

In a weird way, i hope it does. That way it again reinforces to the playing group that being down in intent (even if only for one game), can be very costly. You need hunger and to give 100% effort for as long as you can. No half-arsed efforts, no complacency, no arrogance, just 100% effort.

Christ I hope it doesnt.  We seem to have used it as a line in the sand game, which is great, but hell no do i want it to cost us a finals spot

Edited by Petraccattack

2 hours ago, Peter Griffen said:

Best win since we beat the swans by 74 points in 2011..

Who gets the rising star nod? 

Petracca 24 and 2 goals

Harmes 26 and 3 goals 

great signs

Harmes. By a mile. Petracca is getting better but still needs to catch up to the pace of the game.

• Like 1

Just now, praha said:

Next week probably the biggest test of the season. Dogs looked very good tonight.

They also looked very beatable, too.  As you say, our biggest test of the season.  If we roll the Dogs we then have Brisbane at the G and Port in Alice.  Big chance to string more wins together.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wiseblood said:

They also looked very beatable, too.  As you say, our biggest test of the season.  If we roll the Dogs we then have Brisbane at the G and Port in Alice.  Big chance to string more wins together.

They are a better team than us ATM, but I am backing us to cause an upset. Tough game tonight, first game at the G for them, where we beat them around this time last year

I went to the game tonight.  A surprising number of demon supporters there at Metricon.

GC applied a lot of pressure in the first quarter and we were a bit disorganised.  However the endeavour was excellent and you could see the  onfield leaders like Jones and Vince marshalling traffic.  After half time we became precise at hitting targets and GC couldn't compete.  It was an exciting game to watch and you could see all the players wanted to be part of it, and ran out the last quarter so strongly.

As noted on earlier posts the senior players were very good including Gawn, Jones and Viney.  The question for the selectors is who do they persist with now that more players are becoming available - eg Stretch, Wagner, Harmes and Hunt.  They can be a bit out of position which would be expoited by top sides.  However on tonight's performance I would persist with all of them.  They could play many games together for the MFC and get better and better.

• Like 5

GAJ is nowhere near the player he's capable of being.

That shoulder must be giving him huge grief.

• Like 3

On Hunts disposal: tonight he seemed to kick a bit up and under,  something I haven't noticed in previous weeks. Given how the stategy seemed to be kick it quick to the forwards,  that may be why he looked hurried (GCS defenders were a bit shorter than ours and I think we liked to exploit that).

I don't think we make any changes this week unless injuries occur. Apart from Hogan,  McDonald and Watts (who are certain starters next week), our three worst were probably Kent, Garland and Michie who were still serviceable and contributed. I don't think you can drop Garland or Michie after one game and Kent has performed this year. 

Dogs looked good tonight and I doubt think we can afford to make skill errors in our defensive half as they will make us pay. For me, one key to winning next week is to win contested ball around stoppages including clearances. This has been one of our strengths and given it is one of theirs (they have gun inside mids) we need to make sure we win that battle to win overall.

• Like 2

Had a heap of fun at Metricon tonight.

Too stuffed to post too much but just to add something a little different, I thought McDonald did really well against Lynch. Sure Lynch was still one of their best players and quite influential in the first half but McDonald spoilt him numerous times one on one. Likewise I thought Garland despite the horrendous handball in the first quarter did really well when competing in the air again Wright. Hardly recall him being beaten.

Like others have said, Hunt is very exciting and the clean hands of Clarry was a joy to watch first hand. Loved Jetta's game and big Max is close to the most influential player in the league right now. Pedersen is playing his role very very well. Petracca's exuberance really lifts the team. I was on my feet riding home his first goal before he even took possession.

Can't wait for Salem, Brayshaw, Trengove, vandenBerg and Weideman to add further structure and polish to this team.

• Like 8

54 minutes ago, Go the Biff said:

Can't really comment on tonight until I see a replay (watched on a phone - not ideal) but against the Pies & Tigers young Hunt didn't just bomb. He put a few kicks to dangerous spots such as the top of the goalsquare. Rapt to see him do well. He was an intriguing selection.

Agree with the Scully comment as well. He's been playing good footy for the past year and provides the outside run we lack.

I'd prefer Kelly. Quicker and a beautiful kick. Scully kicks it like a VFL player. Up and under every time.