Changes v St Kilda

Whispering_Jack

I don't believe I've ever started one of these threads before but I was surprised not to see one prominently displayed on the Demonland boards this morning and even more surprised to discover that one hadn't been started at all.

It must be a sign of the times.

So I started searching around for reasons why we should have a changes thread.

Injuries? None were reported from the game although there were some suggestions about Christian Salem (hammy?) or Angus Brayshaw (a knock or "general soreness", perhaps needing a rest?)

But you don't really want to have a rest for "general soreness" these days. Matt Jones was almost a fixture in the side this time last week and then he contracted the mystery injury "general soreness" and look where he is now?

In a long queue for a gig in the side along with Christian Petracca, Clayton Oliver, Jack Trengove, Alex Neal-Bullen and Viv Michie.  

Complacency? Some might say we're winning so we shouldn't change the team, besides it's good enough to beat the Saints but if we think we're a shoe in to beat St Kilda at Etihad - forget it. We haven't beaten them in 10 years and they almost beat Hawthorn a fortnight ago. 

And one of their fans on Saintsational had this to say -

"Saints v Melbourne - Round 6

Postby Devilhead » Sun 24 Apr 2016 8:32pm 

We will smash Melbourne next week"
We need to be alert. Our new-found fame and fortune means that we must continue to thrive for a better team.

Demon fans - over to you.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Oliver must come back in for Brayshaw, not sure about other changes.

Petracca for Harmes? Harmes would be very unlucky.

These are my thoughts. ANB surely in the mix as well as he shouldn't be punished for being the emergency.

I really do not like playing Brayshaw in the forward line. He is a midfielder. Play him in the midfield. If no room then bring in Petracca. He would play that role much better

IN - Petracca, Oliver

OUT - Brayshaw, Harmes (very stiff)

• Like 3

FB -Jetta - Dunn - Bugg

HB- Salem - T.McDonald - Lumumba 

C - Vince - Viney - Tyson

HF- Watts - Frost - Kennedy

FF - Garlett - Hogan - Kent

FOLL - Gawn - Jones - Oliver

INT - Hunt, Wagner, Petracca, Pederson

• Like 2

In Oliver and Petracca. Out Brayshaw (rest) and either Harmes or Frost (unlucky).

Although, it was clear last night's game was again taxing. We'll have some sore bodies so it's imperative we recover well and rest anyone who's not 100%..

But really, I'm just ready to see Petracca come in and I reckon we'll see it. 

More headaches for opposition trying to curb the influence of our dangerous small forwards who seem genuinely out of control at present. 

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 4

In -     Petracca, Oliver

Out -  Brayshaw, Frost/Harmes

Tracca can play deep forward with Wattsy, allowing Hogan to play true CHF. All interchangeable though.  

Brayshaw is way off the pace, was the only Demon to have single figure possessions.    

Flip a coin on Frost/Harmes, might be matchup dependent.

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Can't see them dropping Harmes. 

Frost first out for Petracca. Brayshaw second out for Oliver. Would be happy for neither, one or both to occur.

Thirded

I agree that Brayshaw should go back to the VFL for one or two weeks and play full games in the midfield.

If he is just going to be played forward then Petracca will be a more dangerous option.

I would say one change- Petracca in Brayshaw out

Edited by Is Dom Is Good
  • Like 2

Petracca for Hogan. 

Oliver for Brayshaw  

brayshaw doesn't look like he has recovered from that big knock. 

Hogan needs to breathe. Maybe a little R&R at 'rancho relaxo' in Casey might fit the bill. 

Gee it's fun knit picking performance and not writing off the season. 

Edited by Demi Dee

Hunt almost showed the same amount of 2nd game improvement that Wagner did the week before.  No way should he be dropped now. As a young player his game time needs to be managed and I'm sure the drop down / rest / demotion will come later, but he needs to be tested out properly this year to see what kind of future he really has. As I recall his contract is up this year (pls correct if wrong). Once he's out it might be a while before he gets another look in. 

• Like 3

Its interesting with Frost. Usually i am the first to want him out but i really thought his forward pressure was really noticeably. I haven't mind the Pedo/Frost combo the last 2 weeks but Pedo is ahead of him by a fair bit. And even though he didn't hit the scoreboard, Pedo took some crucial marks in defense and did some great desperation acts that the coaches would have loved.

Brayshaw looked very slow last night. And in slow i ment Trengove 2012-2013 slow.. He either needs a rest or a spell in the 2s. Petracca should come in for Brayshaw. Not only is a better midfielder but he is just as dangerous up forward as well. No Brainer.

Also Wagner copped a big hit and looked pretty sore afterwards. With a 6 day break i wonder whether they'll take the safe approach and rest him.

In: Petracca Oliver/Trengove

Out: Frost Brayshaw Wagner (soreness)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.