Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v St Kilda

Whispering_Jack

47 minutes ago, Samael said:

No longer acceptable. There are players in the twos that are earning their chance. Gus seems to be running out of puff way too early. Maybe the rotation limits are hurting him. He has already been rested once this season (5 weeks old). He just looked ordinary last night had 9 touches with 4 clangers. We now have the depth to ensure every one in the 1sts has earned their spot. Gus has not.

You may be right and I don't totally dispute what you're saying ... he just has a lot more upside and because of that, I'd persevere for the time being. 

If he comes out, he'll probably be rested like Oliver was.  Again, I'd be more inclined to persevere because a good game from Angus might be just around the corner ... there were numerous people here wanting to drop Tyson just 2 weeks ago ... Kent was another who was in the gun just a short while ago as well.  Pedersen was described as a "spud" 2-3 weeks ago by some prominent posters here ... the list goes on. 

It's been a while since we've had the luxury of keeping certain players in the team with the team not suffering as a consequence ... previously, we were losing constantly and under performing players were kept in because there was an abundance of them.  I dare say the team right now can afford to carry a player or 2 ... even the best teams use that practise (and Brayshaw is a huge prospect)

Edited by Macca
  • Like 1

Brayshaw and Hunt Out

Petracca and ANB In

Think Oliver needs to go back to the 2's and work on his tank.

Brayshaw looks cooked and game time isn't helping and Hunt just turns it over a few to many times for my liking.

We need to see what others can bring to the table and we won't know unless we try

Hunt out

15 minutes ago, Garbo said:

Brayshaw and Hunt Out

Petracca and ANB In

Brayshaw looks cooked and game time isn't helping and Hunt just turns it over a few to many times for my liking.

We need to see what others can bring to the table and we won't know unless we try

You are kidding about Hunt I hope! Just watched the reply and he was terrific. Perhaps Brayshaw could get some touch back at Casey. Oliver back in.

Edited by #11-TonyAnderson
  • Like 5

24 minutes ago, Garbo said:

Brayshaw and Hunt Out

Petracca and ANB In

A new troll?

Not sure if you watched the game sport but Oliver didn't play and Hunt was terrific. Please tell us where he turned it over a "few too many times"?

• Like 4

Oliver for Brayshaw would be my only change, but I expect the short break might influence the final outcome.  We wouldn't want to be going in with any niggles or tightness in young bodies .......... and besides, it seems like a game tailor-made for Tracc.

ps.  most of us are being bloody tough on Matt Jones.

2 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

A new troll?

Not sure if you watched the game sport but Oliver didn't play and Hunt was terrific. Please tell us where he turned it over a "few too many times"?

Yeah i thought Hunt was flat out all night. 

He deserves another game

15 minutes ago, #11-TonyAnderson said:

Hunt out

You are kidding about Hunt I hope! Just watched the reply and he was terrific. Perhaps Brayshaw could get some touch back at Casey. Oliver back in.

5 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

A new troll?

Hunt had 3 clangers from 14 touches , 1 tackle, 89 min on ground (3rd least). Just because he wasn't bad doesn't  mean he should stay in the team we can do better

Edited by Garbo

In- Petracca, Oliver

Out- Brayshaw, Harmes (Both quiet and unspectacular but not necessarily poor)

I suppose there's a chance Wagner could be unlucky too

Structure-wise, not so sure, but talent and form-wise this is what I want

I saw a heaps of promise in Hunt. especially his evasive work and the way he hit the ball. 

I agree that we should keep the bigs for now. Frost wasn't as good as last week but worked his way into the game. Pedo was error-ridden early but really asserts himself all over the field

I can see Petracca coming in for Brayshaw, as they would both be playing forward. Then it would be one of ANB or Oliver for Harmes. Hard to see any other changes, unless forced ones. The 6 day turnaround could be demanding for some.

3 minutes ago, bing181 said:

I can see Petracca coming in for Brayshaw, as they would both be playing forward. Then it would be one of ANB or Oliver for Harmes. Hard to see any other changes, unless forced ones. The 6 day turnaround could be demanding for some.

Another Harmesnoramus. 

The only thing more certain than Harmes not being dropped, in my opinion, is Harmes not being dropped for ANB. I could stomach it for a top 10 player, but not for another foot soldier.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nasher said:

Another Harmesnoramus. 

The only thing more certain than Harmes not being dropped, in my opinion, is Harmes not being dropped for ANB. I could stomach it for a top 10 player, but not for another foot soldier.

Fair enough in some ways. But it's one of the consequences of where we are now: the only way to bring players in who've earned a chance, is to drop players who in many ways, are performing well.

Petracca, ANB, probably Matt Jones, Oliver, perhaps Trengove, are all knocking on the door.

Oliver in for Brayshaw (rested).

I don't think Petracca's game on Saturday has forced the hand of the match committee, and I'm just nervous about his first full pace game being on the speedy and HARD Etihad surface.

The other question is, do we drop a tall? Our best games at Etihad have been with a smaller, quicker lineup. Would ANB come in for Pedo purely for that reason? Despite the #PedoMyths, I thought he did enough to not be dropped next week, but Frost is quick and Dunn is playing well so he seems the likely tall to come out if we go that way again.

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

I don't think Petracca's game on Saturday has forced the hand of the match committee, and I'm just nervous about his first full pace game being on the speedy and HARD Etihad surface.

The other question is, do we drop a tall? Our best games at Etihad have been with a smaller, quicker lineup. Would ANB come in for Pedo purely for that reason? Despite the #PedoMyths, I thought he did enough to not be dropped next week, but Frost is quick and Dunn is playing well so he seems the likely tall to come out if we go that way again.

Pedo, seriously?

On 4/25/2016 at 5:24 PM, stuie said:

I agree, i think Brayshaw will miss, and one of Frost or Pedo should come out for one of Petracca, ANB, Trengove, Grimes

22 minutes ago, stuie said:

So Petracca needs to have 40 possessions to force the hand of the match committee. Are you seriously challenging Trac,s VFL form. 

17 minutes ago, bing181 said:

Fair enough in some ways. But it's one of the consequences of where we are now: the only way to bring players in who've earned a chance, is to drop players who in many ways, are performing well.

Petracca, ANB, probably Matt Jones, Oliver, perhaps Trengove, are all knocking on the door.

You don't always have to let them in the door, though.

If the seniors are playing well then I'd be telling those guys at Casey to keep playing well so when the opportunity arises they are in the frame for selection.  It's not a great message to send to the players that, even if you're playing well, you'll be dropped because someone hit a bit of form at Casey.  

All those you mentioned above are in the frame but would be lucky to get a gig at the moment, and that's a great place for us to be in.

The only player in a bit of danger is Brayshaw.  Outside of that we should stick with the same side.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, John Dee said:

Straight swap for Brayshaw and Oliver. Brayshaw is just not quite right, give him a rest not play VFL. No other change unless forced.

• Oliver for Brayshaw seems like the logical in for me. Brayshaw looks gassed after a quarter of footy at the moment and is launching at too many contests when there's already a tall forward going up. Gets under the ball too often to impact anyways. Should be working harder to lose his opponent and get front and square for the drop. Would send him back to work on these aspects and build a tank.
  • Possibly Tracc for Kennedy. Wasn't Kennedy's best game.

Pretty sure Frost is the 3rd tall forward/utility that Roos is hoping will come on quickly so he would have to play a bog ordinary match to be dropped i reckon. Wasn't great last night but will go around again against the Saints.

Hogan would want to lift his work rate and work on that technique to keep his place but cant see him going back this week. Seems to be having one "ok" game and one ordinary one at this point which is not unusual for a young bloke. Would love to see keep on keeping on immediately after a miss at goal. Seems to drop back to the goal square and think it over while the play/zone has moved up the field missing some contests when a desperate kick or 2 drops short from mid field around the paint. He does wake up though and gets going again not long after so maybe a fitness/tank issue.

24 minutes ago, Miracle said:

So Petracca needs to have 40 possessions to force the hand of the match committee. Are you seriously challenging Trac,s VFL form. 

After a good win like last night you have to be smashing it to come in, he didn't smash it on Saturday night, has some good credits in so far though.

As I said, my bigger worry would be the Etihad surface.

• Like 1

Another tough one for the selectors. A good win with the third game in a row that we have kicked more than 100 points and had 10 different goal kickers. Hate to have to search the record books to find out the last time that happened.

the 51/2 day turn around will have an impact on selection with the coaching staff,having a good look at how the players come up.  Could be three changes and I think all the players in the team would not want to be out of the team as it will be hard for them to get back in.

out:

Brayshaw... A full game at Casey to build his fitness and confidence. The way he got caught in Q4 holding the ball would not have happened last year and shows me just how out of form he is.

Frost/Pedersen... One of these two depending on match ups and second ruck work. Both have their pros and cons but on this ground we may need a bit of sped and coverage. Which ever one misses will be unlucky. 

This is where it is tough. Whoever is the most 'proppy' from last week and has not recovered.

In:

Oliver.... No way you can rest someone and then not bring them back in. He was very, very good in the first 4 games of the season. Give him a rum back in the seniors.

ANB.... Great form at Casey and emergency this week... Has to be given a run.

Patracca.. Play him and make sure he knows he is on the big stage and has to perform. Debut against the team that overlooked him. Debut in Melbourne, not the 'G', but at least a home game.

any that come in need to understand that they need to uphold the team ethics and commitment. 

Crazy talk . No one gets dropped .

injurys or a rest yes . Who's sore ? Jetta? Salem? Jones? 

All are bleeding red and blue and contributed Sunday

4 hours ago, Pates said:

Frost I feel will be the one to make way for Petracca, I feel we're a bit too heavy with him and Pedo, and Pedo was definitely the better of the two last night. 

Frost for Petracca

Oliver to come through the VFL. If Salem goes out I would honestly be tempted to play Trenners. 

I love reading these threads. Oliver doesn't come back via the twos.

4 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

The only changes to the side should be specific match ups to the Aints if there are any...

interesting that many people thought Hogan played a bad one. 

I thought he was great all over the ground. Sure he missed 2 he should have kicked. But i think even he now will agree with The Ox and work on that kicking action. 

But he also knows how to defend. 

A great weapon. 

Why drop Harmes? Worked as a team member all night. I saw him fly across the TV Screen into a pack quite a few times 

No, Hogan doesn't need to work on his action. He has been extremely accurate all year.

2 hours ago, ProDee said:

I like Hunt not so much for what he's already done, although some of it has been great, but because you can see what he'll become.  His upside is enormous. 

Finally, some sense.

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

Another Harmesnoramus. 

And this. Why can't people see how important Harmes is? He and the fleet of small forwards like Kent, Kennedy and Garlett are absolutely smashing it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Undeeterred said:

I love reading these threads. Oliver doesn't come back via the twos.

Actually I think I heard Misso saying just that he will return via the VFL. His last couple of weeks weren't bad neither were they great numbers. 

I thinking going through VFL will help make him hungry for more AFL action. 

But since you're convinced he comes straight back into the team when fit who makes way?