Charlie Curnow

dazzledavey36

With all due respect, what any of us or our mates may have done as 18 year olds is just irrelevant. None of us were on the verge of lucrative careers as professional athletes.

He's in the system, and has been for some time. He knows what's involved.

Beggars belief.

• Like 7

With all due respect, what any of us or our mates may have done as 18 year olds is just irrelevant. None of us were on the verge of lucrative careers as professional athletes.

He's in the system, and has been for some time. He knows what's involved.

Beggars belief.

Luke Hodge has been around for a while bing!!!!

• Like 3

The kid is a DHead for doing what he did. Dont care what age he is, he is old enough to know that drink driving is illegal and can tear families apart and the consequences that come with it. I'm not saying he should be put to the slaughter but it makes me ill the fact you feel for the kid. As someone thats lost a innocent family member to the cowardly act of drink driving he needs a good clip to the ear.

He needs to learn his lesson and win back the respect from alot of the clubs. The bigger test is how will he respond to it.

Don't worry he will be fine once he gets on an AFL list, is treated like a god in pubs and clubs and has a couple of 100k a year and plenty of free time to use it.

The intimations that he was lazy and not very driven were already almost enough for me but now I really hope we don't take him even at 7.

• Like 3

RB i'll be reading any reports you post.

But please spare me with any sympathy for Curnow. One he'not a kid. Two he put other peoples lives at risk for drink driving and failing to stop at a stop sign. He's got no one but himself to blame.

He deserves all he cops.

You don't know any of that,.

And who says the cops are right? I have been done for failing to stop at a stop sign and it was complete bollocks. It was about 20y ago. The cops were bored, it was in the middle of nowhere and they looking for a reason to pull someone over. I just happened to be the bunny passing.

Also, Elvis ain't dead and a Japanese submarine kidnapped Harold Holt.

Ah, I happen to believe the story regarding Harold Holt is somewhat true!! When I get time I'll be happy to provide a detailed view!

One thing though, he wasn't kidnapped!!

Edited by picket fence
  • Like 1

I'm astonished that he thinks it's the norm for people to decide to drink and then drive above the limit. Staggering.

I don't think he was suggesting it is or should be the norm, merely that plenty of people, many in this thread, will have stupidly done what Curnow has done at some point. Granted the refusal of a test adds another layer but people make mistakes and can cement those mistakes when they panic.

There are plenty of 18 year olds making mistakes as we speak. That's alot of "[censored] morons" walking around, as hh put it. Jeffy Garlett is no cleanskin. I don't recall many regrets at present about him being a Demon.

It's up to the club to decide how isolated this incident is. I wouldn't be burning him at the stake until it had been looked at thoroughly.

• Like 1

You don't know any of that,.

And who says the cops are right? I have been done for failing to stop at a stop sign and it was complete bollocks. It was about 20y ago. The cops were bored, it was in the middle of nowhere and they looking for a reason to pull someone over. I just happened to be the bunny passing.

Really? A P plate driver with very little experience of driving on the roads, out and about in the early hours and one assumes either alcohol or drug affected (because obviously if that were not the case he'd happily take a breath test) and you don't think there is potential he was putting others lives at risks? Really?

• Like 5

That is a poor post.

I actually think it's one of his better ones.

If you've got your driver's license, you've got a responsibility to not put others in danger by consuming too much alcohol and then getting behind the wheel. If you're heading out and plan on drinking, don't drive. If you end up drinking too much when you're out and you have your car with you, take a taxi, call a friend/family member for a ride, or stay at a friend's place.

I've had too many drinks on many occasions, but I have never and will never drive drunk.

• Like 4

This kid is getting more heat then hodge who being a captain should be getting much more heat, answer me this question if hodge wanted a trade would the same posters say no because he is a drink driver.

Ah thats a devilish quandary...lol

Its not the occasion though in this instance.

The context is Curnow. The concern here is two fold. 1) Is he just your average 18yo male idiot ?

2) Is this the style/type of decision maker you want at your club.

The first doesnt affect us in isolation but it is a concern for all.

The latter simply goes to results on the field.

poor head ...poor play

• Like 1

This poor bloke hasn't even been picked up by an AFL club yet and is already In The public eye.

I hate the afl media in the off season, they will look for anything for a story.

I think this shouldn't hurt his chances to being drafted by us, I'm sure after this blows over he will learn very quickly to watch what he does considering he is already in public scrutiny at such an early stage of his career.

• Like 1

This poor bloke hasn't even been picked up by an AFL club yet and is already In The public eye.

I hate the afl media in the off season, they will look for anything for a story.

I think this shouldn't hurt his chances to being drafted by us, I'm sure after this blows over he will learn very quickly to watch what he does considering he is already in public scrutiny at such an early stage of his career.

Hardly "anything"

Is his own fault he's in the spotlight

Ah thats a devilish quandary...lol

Its not the occasion though in this instance.

The context is Curnow. The concern here is two fold. 1) Is he just your average 18yo male idiot ?

2) Is this the style/type of decision maker you want at your club.

The first doesnt affect us in isolation but it is a concern for all.

The latter simply goes to results on the field.

poor head ...poor play

And yet the same didn't apply in Hodge's case. His incident had no impact on his onfield performance.

Maybe clubs should look into players past relationship history. Because if they're making poor choices of partners, then they are clearly poor decision makers on the football field.

Yep, just a young bloke letting off a bit of steam after finishing year 12.

I'm betting most of the Charlie knockers on here have selective memories of: 1) what they were like at that age finishing year 12.

2) whether they have blown over or driven whilst above the limit before.

3) Both.

BTW, saying you have never driven drunk is not the same as having never driven whilst above or blown over the limit.

• Like 1