Casey Scorpions v Sandringham

Peter Jackson VFL - Seniors

Casey Scorpions
v Sandringham (televised game on Channel 7)
Saturday, 9th May
Casey Fields
at 12.00pm

Casey Scorpions

B: Munro Panozza White
HB: Rutherford Fitzpatrick Terlich
C: Bail Grimes M Jones
HF: McKenzie Smith Byrnes
F: Petropoulos Gawn Morris
FOLL: Jamar Michie Riley
I/C (from): Fritsch* Gent Harmes O McDonald Muir Neal-Bullen Pattison Scott Walmsley

Sandringham

B: Shakallis Lee Simpkin
HB: Minchington Goddard Le Grice
C: Murdoch Jones Saunders
HF: Templeton Brown McCartin
F: Saad Membrey Curren
FOLL: Holmes Zijai Cockie
I/C (from) Acres Gilbert Hayes* Ong Pierce
Weickhardt White Wright

* 23rd player

AFL Development League
Casey Scorpions
v Sandringham
Saturday, 9th May
Casey Fields
at 9.00am

Casey Scorpions

B: Corrigan Keilty Pattison
HB: Hunt Thwaites Hillard
C: Muir Rosier Walmsley
HF: K Wilson Waters Page
F: Scott Moncrieff King
FOLL: Gains Hannon Paredes
I/C (from): Anderson C Johnson Lang J McDonald Mason Rennie Welsh T Wilson Wyatt

So Jamar isn't being 'rested' as some have suggested.

I think it's probably a bit to do with having a look at Spencer to see if he is up to it. He's had a good run of form at Casey and we need to know for sure if he can step up. It's make or break time for the big fella...

• Like 4

Interesting to think we haven't got many injuries but 5 of the 6 would arguably walk straight into the side. A quarter of the team. Kent, Viney and Jetta were in the best prior to being injured. Hopefully Viney and Jetta are back next week.

• Like 1

I imagine this has been asked and answered before, but what's the role of the "23rd player"?

It allows a player from the TAC Cup or similar, under a certain age, to be given a run, without taking the spot of someone in the 22.

Someone else will be able to fill this in with more specifics..

I hate barracking against the Zebras. I grew up next to that ground.

Go away St. Kilda. Let me enjoy Sandringham again.

Dam you AFL...

Same boat mate, the first VFL games i went to where back when the Zebras were winning everything in sight

• Like 1

Same boat mate, the first VFL games i went to where back when the Zebras were winning everything in sight

Great club. I still check their scores but i can't get passionate whilst the Aints have infected them!!

Just a heads up, nice bit With Plapp at HT on the Broadcast. Mate went down there to film it, from all reports he is really popular and the system down at Casey is run super professionally.

• Like 2

It allows a player from the TAC Cup or similar, under a certain age, to be given a run, without taking the spot of someone in the 22.

Someone else will be able to fill this in with more specifics..

Thanks DemonDave. Just to go one step further, is the 23rd player an additional interchange player or a substitute? If a substitute, is this as well as or instead of the 22nd player being the substitute?

Thanks DemonDave. Just to go one step further, is the 23rd player an additional interchange player or a substitute? If a substitute, is this as well as or instead of the 22nd player being the substitute?

He is an additional player. He must be 20 years or younger and must not have been previously listed by a VFL/AFL club.

He is an additional player. He must be 20 years or younger and must not have been previously listed by a VFL/AFL club.

And he can only play a certain amount of games as the 23rd player (10 I think). The idea is to bring the younger guys up and see how they adapt. Younger Heppell was 23rd a lot last year.

Given that we are entering Round 6, the thought of anyone needing a "rest" sickens me. Not sure how anyone (posters) could come up with that idea in the first place.

Most teams are able two play two ruckman (or a good second ruck) - we don't really have that luxury so Jamar has probably had a high work load.

He also seemed to fade out last year so I don't think it would be a bad idea (against the Swans) - if he goes down with an injury we could be in some trouble.

He is listed at Casey though - maybe he will play 50% or as a resting forward.

Never really had much faith in Spencer (not sure about his tap work) - hope he takes his chance.

Have to say, looking at the team I struggle to see how Harmes will be offered another Rookie contract next year.

Have you actually seen him play? I've watched the last 2 Casey games, and aside from Stretch and ANB, he's shown more ability to be an AFL player than most. He got injured last week and may not play, which is why he's been named on the interchange. I'd definitely give him a rookie extension, and I'd keep him ahead of Bail, Jones, Riley and McKenzie.

• Like 2