Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dees v Dockers - Round 5

For the first time in a long while I an looking forward to the footy and it is not round 1 that I am looking forward to. It's round 5! Who would have thunk it?

We are going to miss Kent big time. Of those three that might miss, he is the big one closely followed by Jetta. Hopeful that Tyson will get up with an 8 day break.

Grimes and Toump to come in and be told that they have to lift in hardness and application to fit in with the way the team plays and expects all players to play.

Have re-watched the game and a few things stood out for me. Roos calmness in the box. A big plus for me. He takes it all in and gathers the information. Makes the changes he has to and works out what has to be said to whom. I loved VdB's hard running. No windup. Just hard running from the off. garlands game went unnoticed but he had a beauty. Watts did some good things and worked hard. Lubumbashi needs to work on his handball. Early on during the first half he missed 4 critical ones.

Lastly did any one pick up the comment by Dennis...... "That's 5 posters now. 2 to Richmond and 3 to Melbourne. 6 if you count the Last Post"

• Like 4

interesting challenge at the selection table this week.

It would be nice if Gawn could force his way into the team but he needs to show he can be more damaging as a forward. But whether Roos thinks Jamar and Dawes can get the job done against Freo's ruck combination is the question.

Not convinced on Fitz, in general.

50/50 on Toumpas. Great that's he's getting more of the ball but what we don't need is someone who panics. Maybe comes in as the sub again with Michie to start, but wouldn't mind seeing him cuntin e to build confidence in the twos.

As much as Tyson is out of form, his absence in the middle will hurt. Like for like in Pigdog perhaps?

Grimes is the only certainty. The rest will be a mix of Bail, Toump, Pedo, Gawn and Pigdog.

Really looking forward to this one. A bit of not a lot to lose and everything to gain. Just need to keep the momentum going forward with four competitive quarters that could make it interesting.

• Like 1

damn, Jetta has been ruled out already

Big loss, as Freo will get Ballantyne back

In - Grimes, Toumpas

Out - Kent, Jetta both injured

Toump the sub. Grimes to play a strict Jetta-like lock down role on one of their small forwards

I think thats his only real shot at resurrecting his career, playing as a lock down defender

Edited by hogans_heroes
  • Like 1

I just can't wait for Garlett, Dawes or a Lumumba to have a great game, all have been good but have so much more to give us, maybe it will be this week against Freo, Garlett will get a bag soon.

It's going to be another massive game for Jamar vs Sandilands

And also our midfield against " the best midfield in the competition ATM"

How are we going to stop Mundy, Fyfe, Barlow, Neale, Hill at the stoppages?

Can it be done?

Out: Kent, Jetta, Tyson (if the latter two are not fit)

In: Grimes, Toump and either (I hate to say it) Bail or MJones.

Michie starts, Bail/MJones sub

Watts will play.

Only forced changes will be made after a win. Nothing is more certain.

Edited by Moonshadow

Yeah what is wrong with Tyson?

We are no chance. I mean far be it from me to shatter the dreams of our supporters, but if we get within 6 goals I would be shocked. And happily surprised.

Freo are destined for a GF birth and have one of the best midfields going around. By the sounds of things we have Jones and Vince left going into next week who are top quality midfielders.

We are absolutely no chance. Best we can hope for is lots of rain, a slog fest and a low scoring battle.

We are more chance against Sydney.

• Like 1

I might be tempted to suggest we are a chance if it weren't for the fact now, if you include Tyson, Petracca and Trengove, we are missing 7 of our best 22 - and as we all now too well that once you are getting to 29th best on our list you are fielding some very homely footballers. How friggin annoying that we were almost cherry ripe for round 1 and now we are rather decimated.

Still nobody has said whats wrong with Tyson?

He played out the game, I didn't see any injury to him

Probably just focusing on doing the team things. Also, I think he was playing a bit injured (he had strapping on his knee or something). Only50/50 this week.

Plus, don't forget that he dominated he the NAB cup. We know he's capable so no need to worry.

He had his knee heavily strapped and was obviously limited in mobility - hence sent to full forward line.

I suspect he has been struggling for two weeks now - maybe patella tendonitis, but really I am only guessing.

It can't be too serious or else he wouldn't have gone back on at all.

The others to watch as I said in my match report on Friday night are Tom Mc (tightness in hammy), the skipper (hurt his shoulder again but too courageous to let it get to him) and Viv Michie, who was hobbling for much of the last quarter (he may just be tight after two games in five days). The nine day break will help.

Not sure what happened to changes v Freo thread, but now we have the VFL game done, the two clearcut changes we can expect are:

Out: Kent and Jetta (I really can't see how we can take any risk with him in current environment).

In: Grimes and Spencer

Pedo would be a chance but he hasn't been really doing any rucking and we have to go with two rucks to have any chance of coping in next three weeks with the big boys.

I'm pleased both Grimes and Spencer will get a game and I suspect they will play well because they have been sweating on it for four weeks now.

To those of you who don't rate Spencil, you unfortunately need to update your thinking.

The day he went from being a hack was when he smashed McEvoy at St Kilda two seasons ago - and he was providing plenty of drive that day before he sent him bye-byes.

He will most likely win our VFL best and fairest and deserves another go and to be honest he may be better than Jamar these days.

He is more physical, can run all day and whilst he will always be a tad ungamely, he has improved his set shot kicking which means he can rest up forward to make a mismatch on occasions.

He's never going to be star of the comp, but he is very serviceable - meat and potatoes like Jamar.

I'll be interested to see where Grimesy plays as he has been more midfield for Casey, but realistically it has to be either him or Crossy taking on the serial pest or sharing duties with Salem on Walters.

Watts will play as it is his 100th. I reckon JKH will be the sub, but I said that last week and was wrong, so it could still be Grimes or even Watts.

If Tyson is out injured, I'd actually go with more pace and make Stretch the sub, but really there is no clearcut player to come in after Grimes and Spencer. It could be Riley, could be Bail, could be Jordie, could be Matt Jones, could even be Terlich, but ultimately it doesn't matter too much which one as they'll be the sub if they are required.

B: Cross Dunn Salem

HB: Garland Tom Mc Howe

C: Lumumba Vince Newton

HF: vandenberg Dawes Tyson

F: Garlett Hoges Brayshaw

Ru: Spencer N.Jones Michie

Int: Jamar, Grimes, Watts, JKH (sub)

Pedo for Jackie Boy

Not if the VFL is any guide. he was hopeless yesterday. Slow, and hardly took a mark. much like the rest of the MFC list, with the honorable exception of jack Grimes and Matt Jones, and i am not usually a fan of the latter.

If we bring in another ruckman, then they will put McPharlin or Clark on him. Both are fast, both provide plenty of drive off the backline. Unless we leave the ruckman on the bench we will be too top heavy up forward and our pressure will be more like round two. I like the idea of a second ruckman but it's not going to work out well this week because of their fast big backmen.

Another midfielder or bust. Plus the weather is meant to be wet on the weekend.

See you all there :) go dees!

I noticed that he slid into the goal post knee first quite hard when attempting to smother a shot on goal, which may have aggravated what he already had. Just a guess though...

• Like 1

I might be tempted to suggest we are a chance if it weren't for the fact now, if you include Tyson, Petracca and Trengove, we are missing 7 of our best 22 - and as we all now too well that once you are getting to 29th best on our list you are fielding some very homely footballers. How friggin annoying that we were almost cherry ripe for round 1 and now we are rather decimated.

No. Decimated would mean we had four injuries across the whole list, and/ or two out of our best twenty two.

Decimation (Latin: decimatio; decem = "ten") was a form of military discipline used by senior commanders in the Roman Army to punish units or large groups guilty of capital offences such as mutiny or desertion. The word decimation is derived from Latin meaning "removal of a tenth".

What we have across our list is a quattuormation, or in regard to out best twenty two, a tribusmation.

However if we get through next week without a quinquemation, while being durus et austerus, I shall be gavisus.

Or as a famous Roman once said: I came, I saw, and I didn't lose any good players through injury.

• Like 6

No. Decimated would mean we had four injuries across the whole list, and/ or two out of our best twenty two.

What we have across our list is a quattuormation, or in regard to out best twenty two, a tribusmation.

However if we get through next week without a quinquemation, while being durus et austerus, I shall be gavisus.

Or as a famous Roman once said: I came, I saw, and I didn't lose any good players through injury.

Welease Woderwick!!

• Like 7

I think it will be a low scoring affair.

Mostly from our side.

I will be pleased if we can keep the damage to 5 goals difference.

i cant see us getting enough cheap ball at the clearances.

Tyson jarred his knee, but played the game out as a forward with strapping, I think it's very much a case of wait and see but will probably be conservative because it's the same knee he's had issues with previously

In other news jimmy had 28 touches and 7 tackles, it's a shame he hasn't used those as well as we know he can, id love to see him run and take it on himself to set up a play rather than looking to give it to

The closest person

OUT: Kent, Jetta

IN: Grimes, Toumpas

It's not a complete disaster by any means

Jetta will only miss a week, so I agree, but Kent is very important to our structure and personally I think Toumpas should have more time in the VFL.
  • Like 1