Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Potential Trades [Warning: Reading this thread may self-destruct]

Dr evil

We need a GNF thread and poll. Is he a sage or a witch who needs the ordeal by fire administered? If he burns he is guilty, if not he is innocent.

Edited by america de cali
  • Like 4

We need a GNF thread and poll. Is he a sage or a witch who needs the ordeal by fire administered? If he burns he is guilty, if not he is innocent.

If he floats he is made of wood...and therefore a witch... burn him.

I agree that confidential info shouldn't be posted. However, knocking a bloke for trying to provide some info to fellow DL's, when most read this site to try and get some info, is a bit rich, don't you think.

I have seen plenty of crap posted on here on DL and on some threads I have amused my self by posting some as well.

However this attack on GNF is unwarranted. I don't care whether everything he posts doesn't eventuate, that could be down to a number of reasons, but at least you have something to read and perhaps get excited about.

How could GNF have known that pick 12, which was possibly to be used in other trades, which was to come for JT, would suddenly be off the table, as a result of a too strenuous medical test and subsequent X-Ray?

As for his riddles, he is having a bit of fun, so what, it has created plenty of interest and fun for others in playing along.

Lighten up.

You're more tolerant than me Redleg. I've appreciated the GNF updates in the past and even last week but the riddle-driven direction of the past 24 hours lost me and I'm guessing there are others out there feeling pretty deflated right about now. Following this football club is hard work. We're bruised and battered and vulnerable. We should each come with a 'handle with care' sign. If people can gain enjoyment out toying with those emotions then good luck to them.

Maybe I just need to lighten up as you suggest. Footy is fundamentally fun but trade week involves the movement of cattle. Unfortunately, as supporters we emotionally invest in those cattle. Some of us even know their names and not just their numbers. GNF has built a really positive reputation for his posts that usually provide the average supporter with cause for optimism. His Paul Roos coming to Melbourne assurances are a great example. And whilst we should not blame GNF for every piece of negative trade news that comes our way, he has deliberately created a guessing game scenario that was always going to create disappointment unless the best posible outcome occurred. He's in danger of souring his otherwise positive reputation. Whether that matters to him, I don't know.

• Like 4

With the Beams trade winding up and Clark being traded out so late in the trade period it's pretty clear there isn't anything else in the works

IF there is it surely has to be a long way down the track and we'd probably heard about it by now.

I am expecting we'll go the draft with picks 2 & 3. Harry O, Garlett and hopefully Frost in.

Trenners is bloody sad news but I am kind of glad he wasn't traded (sad about the injury) and hope he can make a full recovery. If we can get Petracca and Brayshaw best case it should set the Dees up nicely in the futuer. Not as quick as Roos planned but not the worst result

• Like 6

You're more tolerant than me Redleg. I've appreciated the GNF updates in the past and even last week but the riddle-driven direction of the past 24 hours lost me and I'm guessing there are others out there feeling pretty deflated right about now. Following this football club is hard work. We're bruised and battered and vulnerable. We should each come with a 'handle with care' sign. If people can gain enjoyment out toying with those emotions then good luck to them.

Maybe I just need to lighten up as you suggest. Footy is fundamentally fun but trade week involves the movement of cattle. Unfortunately, as supporters we emotionally invest in those cattle. Some of us even know their names and not just their numbers. GNF has built a really positive reputation for his posts that usually provide the average supporter with cause for optimism. His Paul Roos coming to Melbourne assurances are a great example. And whilst we should not blame GNF for every piece of negative trade news that comes our way, he has deliberately created a guessing game scenario that was always going to create disappointment unless the best posible outcome occurred. He's in danger of souring his otherwise positive reputation. Whether that matters to him, I don't know.

I feel the same way. I really appreciate GNF's input but the riddle screamed of somebody saying "I've got info you don't and I can't divulge it... but I want you to know anyway to make myself look rather good." Either tell us what the info is or keep it to yourself. The riddle has made people look foolish as they spend their hours going over it and pulling out anything they can to make some fanciful trade happen. It's turned these threads into a complete chore and you need to wade through post after post of complete dribble to find anything of substance.

Would GWS entertain swapping pick 4, Frost as steak knives (as we will get him in the PSD) and ontrade pick 7 from Carlton for Dees pick 2 to secure Petracca? Dees can still get Brayshaw at 3, maybe Wright at 4 & then Lever or Pickett etc at 7?

With the Beams trade winding up and Clark being traded out so late in the trade period it's pretty clear there isn't anything else in the works

IF there is it surely has to be a long way down the track and we'd probably heard about it by now.

I am expecting we'll go the draft with picks 2 & 3. Harry O, Garlett and hopefully Frost in.

Trenners is bloody sad news but I am kind of glad he wasn't traded (sad about the injury) and hope he can make a full recovery. If we can get Petracca and Brayshaw best case it should set the Dees up nicely in the futuer. Not as quick as Roos planned but not the worst result

Everyone is a little flat with the Trengove news but I still have expectations that we'll use one of our first two picks on an established midfielder.

• Like 4

Would GWS entertain swapping pick 4, Frost as steak knives (as we will get him in the PSD) and ontrade pick 7 from Carlton for Dees pick 2 to secure Petracca? Dees can still get Brayshaw at 3, maybe Wright at 4 & then Lever or Pickett etc at 7?

Not bad, but what happens if st Kilda take Petracca?

GWS might then take Brayshaw at pick 2 meaning we miss out on him.

• Like 1

A dude making up bs and taking the [censored] with a bunch of vague riddles is not good for anyone.

The most obvious answer is the right one: We knew exactly what was going on with Trengoves foot, we tried to get something for him while he still had value, he failed his medical, we get nothing. There was never a big trade, there was never a team willing to give up an a grader for a couple of picks, let alone two teams. I mean seriously, the guy claimed we would be getting two A-graders who would be the best players in our squad and we would hold onto pick 2. How on earth could that have possibly happened?

Source?

• Like 1

The thing that troubles me most about the mooted Clark, Varcoe, HL trade is that we are getting screwed unless Geelong don't throw in their first or second round pick to equalise things. Otherwise we might as well make the same offer (to trade MC) to Collingwood when we deal on HL. Personally, I am very tempted to call MC's bluff and tell him that he is more value to us as a Demon beyond 31 October and we will use our second pick in the PSD to retain his services!

• Like 1

The thing that troubles me most about the mooted Clark, Varcoe, HL trade is that we are getting screwed unless Geelong don't throw in their first or second round pick to equalise things. Otherwise we might as well make the same offer (to trade MC) to Collingwood when we deal on HL. Personally, I am very tempted to call MC's bluff and tell him that he is more value to us as a Demon beyond 31 October and we will use our second pick in the PSD to retain his services!

In no reality does keeping players on your list who have [censored] on the club a good idea.

• Like 1

I honestly don't see how we are getting screwed. Clark has played barely any footy for us, his foot/hamstring/emotional well being is stuffed. Geelong are taking a massive risk, we're getting a durable player who fills a specific need.

Think we're doing well out of it. Besides, we had nothing just a few months ago.

I like your thinking, but chances are Clark will just retire again

Its not the best scenario as when he was up and running he was our best player and no doubt top 30 material. But fact is he hasn't played in 2 years and could leave for nothing. A break even trade with Harry O isn't ideal but it's better then nothing

The AFL website are reporting Mitch Hallahan is close to accepting a long term offer to join the Suns.

Is anyone else a bit surprised that we don't appear to have shown any interest in any of the lesser known midfielders that have been discussed this trade period - Mitch Hallahan, Levi Greenwood, Jack Crisp, Ben Howlett, Mark Whiley (190cm midfielder from GWS that Carlton are going to get for very little)?

We must have something significant on the go.

Since none of the solutions offered so far to GNF's riddle make any sense, all will be clear when GNF reveals his own solution. If it is as weak as those offered to date, then we will know he is merely a floating piece of wood or a duck out for a cheap laugh. On the other hand......

I like your thinking, but chances are Clark will just retire again

Its not the best scenario as when he was up and running he was our best player and no doubt top 30 material. But fact is he hasn't played in 2 years and could leave for nothing. A break even trade with Harry O isn't ideal but it's better then nothing

totally agree get what we can for him and wish him luck, you know as they say in show biz......

The AFL website are reporting Mitch Hallahan is close to accepting a long term offer to join the Suns.

Is anyone else a bit surprised that we don't appear to have shown any interest in any of the lesser known midfielders that have been discussed this trade period - Mitch Hallahan, Levi Greenwood, Jack Crisp, Ben Howlett, Mark Whiley (190cm midfielder from GWS that Carlton are going to get for very little)?

We must have something significant on the go.

I think we did have something on the go but Jack's foot may have changed that.

I like the fact we aren't leaking, we remain one of the key teams for any big trade given we hold 2 and 3.

2 more days!

• Like 1

I can't believe he has the gall to keep up the facade after this shocking news.

Who art thou Bluelegs? You seem awfully uppity for a relative DL newbie. Reminds me a little of the self important Ben Hur vibe. Has the great one returned?

I can't believe you would be so riled by GNF or for that matter suggest he has a gall to keep up a so called facade.

I'll take your post number at face value and give you the benefit of the doubt, Despite the grumbles from a very small minority GNF is a respected poster who has had excellent mail, including the Roos bombshell. Nothing that has occurred with either Clark or JT contradicts what he has posted or in any way suggests his mail is wrong in either cases (indeed my suspicion is his mail is correct).

I'm sure GNF is not unduly bothered by the questioning views of some posters or indeed in some the cases the rather perplexingly caustic comments (or at least i hope he isn't) but be that as it may the caustic comments are tiresome.

In any case, so what if he is wrong - or even if he is adding a bit of mayonnaise? Big deal. Take it. Leave it. Have a laugh. But go the man? Poor form.

Edited by binman
  • Like 5

GNF like everyone else is trying to share what information he thinks he can share, if we go around castigating such posters because what they said does not come to fruition will only result in less people posting. It is a bulletin board and it carries a significant amount of potentially incorrect information. If you want only reliable information then dont use demonland go use google.

• Like 10

GNF like everyone else is trying to share what information he thinks he can share, if we go around castigating such posters because what they said does not come to fruition will only result in less people posting. It is a bulletin board and it carries a significant amount of potentially incorrect information. If you want only reliable information then dont use demonland go use google.

I love the riddle, what else is there to talk about during a slow trade period?

• Like 1