• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Tom McDonald?

DeeSpencer

Its amazing how much things can change over 12 months - obviously Jetta and Garland are other examples.

Imagine if the majority of the list could show this kind of improvement over the next 12 months

time is a great teacher

as it was for JFrawley, the younger... NJones, etc. & it appears also for young Tom.

this is what should have happened to watto, he should have been kept patiently in the 2's... until he was ready to play the right footy, inc' the non negotiable's.

I'm old enough to remember watching Tom Jones early in his career. Even then I didn't think he was good enough to get a gig on Grand Final Day. How wrong was I.

back in the mist of time i went to waverley park for a rod stewart performance

the warmup group all came out in orange boiler suits and made a loud but unitelligible noise

i remarked to the missus how bad they were and what a lack of future they had

they were cold chisel

• Like 7

Tom is an integral part of our spine right now, and a key 'building block' for the future. He is young and developing and will only get better with experience, continued tutelage from Roos and Co. and as we accumulate a bit of talent around him.

Well, I feel better now.

Somehow he's taken a different route to so many other drafted at a similar time. Consistently working as hard as he can to work on his game. When you hear him speak you can hear how badly he wants to be the best defender in the league. He's hell bent on it and all of this hard work and concentration is paying off.

He's following in the footsteps of Nathan Jones. Similar personalities. Just wanting to do everything they can to better themselves as players and letting nothing stop them. We certainly need more personalities like that at our club.

Liked reading what a previous poster wrote in that he, like Nathan in his earlier years sometimes does a bit much/has a brain fade and sometimes it's God ugly but it's forgivable if 95% of the game he is perfect.

The only thing I'd like to see is those 'what was he thinking' moments slowly disappear. He is not someone possessed with amazing skill, awareness or what I'd term 'natural' ability. So he needs to keep taking the first option most times. His marking and defending have been astonishing. It's his offensive drive that has really improved but as I said, the odd brain fade is still there and they need to go.

Overall, another blessing in disguise in regards to Frawley's departure? I think so.

Edited by stevethemanjordan
  • Like 3

It is my God given right to make outlandish statements and predictions about MFC, players and life generally, without my nose being rubbed into it if things go pear shaped.

E.g. my prediction after seeing Travis Johnston's first game that he would win a Brownlow medal, or that Kentucky Fried Chicken will never make it in Australia.

I am happy to say that I was a Tom Mc believer from early on but have also had statements that I wish I could take back. Most of those involved Cale Morton and phrases such as "quintessential modern day footballer". I also briefly entertained the thought that Addam Maric could be a ten year player with us

As for the KFC prediction Spirit I think I can top that. I was convinced bottle water would never take off in this country. Who, I reasoned, is going to pay money for something they can get free from a tap? Hmmm

• Like 2

the warmup group all came out in orange boiler suits and made a loud but unitelligible noise

they were cold chisel

I enjoyed chisel more than Rod Stewart but I was seriously odd then and nothing has changed

• Like 1

I am happy to say that I was a Tom Mc believer from early on but have also had statements that I wish I could take back. Most of those involved Cale Morton and phrases such as "quintessential modern day footballer". I also briefly entertained the thought that Addam Maric could be a ten year player with us

As for the KFC prediction Spirit I think I can top that. I was convinced bottle water would never take off in this country. Who, I reasoned, is going to pay money for something they can get free from a tap? Hmmm

I never thought people would pay to go out for breakfast. And just to stay almost on topic, after seeing his first few games, I never thought Addam Maric would make it.

they were cold chisel

I used to work with Phil Small the bass player in Adelaide. He asked me if I wanted to be their road manager. I just laughed and said I couldn't see any future in it.

• Like 6

He still gets the ball runs and bounces and has no idea what's around him or what he will do with it.

That is why he nearly gets caught often, occasionally does and runs himself into trouble.

The blame - sometimes - lies with his flat-footed team-mates for not providing options. There have been several occasions this year where he's had the ball for an eternity waiting in vain for someone to lead or get free and call for it.

• Like 6

So far this season not even Lance Franklin has managed to get over Tom McDonald.

Just quietly - McDonald, Dunn, Jetta, Garland and of course Salem...

Something is going alright in our defensive group.

JADE RAWLINGS – BACKLINE COACH

Rawlings, the club’s backline coach, joined Melbourne in September 2011.

He was the only coach from the Mark Neeld/Neil Craig era to be part of Paul Roos’ coaching panel.

• Like 6

So far this season not even Lance Franklin has managed to get over Tom McDonald.

Just quietly - McDonald, Dunn, Jetta, Garland and of course Salem...

Something is going alright in our defensive group.

JADE RAWLINGS – BACKLINE COACH

Rawlings, the club’s backline coach, joined Melbourne in September 2011.

He was the only coach from the Mark Neeld/Neil Craig era to be part of Paul Roos’ coaching panel.

Credit to Jade where it's due. He's been through hell and back over the last four years and has developed a great defensive group in his time.
  • Like 3

I'm old enough to remember watching Tom Jones early in his career. Even then I didn't think he was good enough to get a gig on Grand Final Day. How wrong was I.

I want to be able to tell my grandchildren that I got to see Nathan Jones get a gig in the main game on Grand Final Day ...

• Like 1

they were cold chisel

So .. what is your point, DC? I think I am missing something here ... :lol::lol::lol:

So .. what is your point, DC? I think I am missing something here ... :lol::lol::lol:

one could argue r&b, what indeed is the point of life itself.......or even indeed more pertinent, what is the point of posting :lol:

as to the question of what you are missing i'll leave you to ponder that as surely you are in a better position than me to know :blink:

one could argue r&b, what indeed is the point of life itself.......or even indeed more pertinent, what is the point of posting :lol:

as to the question of what you are missing i'll leave you to ponder that as surely you are in a better position than me to know :blink:

What is the point of pointing?

His rate of improvement is amazing,where I'll agree he still makes a lot of mistakes and his kicking needs to improve.,he has come a long way already in a short amount of time and will continue to get better week after week.

All too true, DC. I am not sure your last statement is true, but I will try to work it out ... :blink:

The only thing I'd like to see is those 'what was he thinking' moments slowly disappear. He is not someone possessed with amazing skill, awareness or what I'd term 'natural' ability. So he needs to keep taking the first option most times. His marking and defending have been astonishing. It's his offensive drive that has really improved but as I said, the odd brain fade is still there and they need to go.

When he has a first option he will take it and usually nail it. We've seen some great rebound kicks out of defence that will hit players on the run from 50m from Tom this year.

The problem is when the team doesn't give him an option. It's clear that he's being coached to play on and run the majority of the time he gets it, it's when we don't have options up the ground that he runs into trouble.

• Like 3