Objectionable Essendon Supporters

picket fence

Every team has their lower class of supporter, but in Essendon's case they are the majority rather than the minority.

For a club that has done nothing for a decade, their supporters are far more offensive than those of any other team.

The thing about the Essendon supporters I know is that most of them aren't objectionable people at all, until they start talking footy. Supporting that club just does something to people.

Agree. They tend to have a real feeling of entitlement and an elitist attitude.

The old attitude of expecting to win premierships, without the team to execute, and then following it up with petulance when they don't.

Sat in my local country pub. Because of the late start I had the TV put on in a side room. Just me. At half time 2 other people came in both Essendon. As I watched them kick early goals in the third quarter and the inevitable hype that came with it, I just sat quietly and prayed. You could sense despite the scoreboard Melbourne were still in it, however one of the Essendon supports left seemingly not really interested in the game. That left me and the other guy, I made sure there were a few tables between us.

There was quite a bit of angst as Melbourne fought its way bravely back into the match. He wasnt rubbing it in too much as we watched, well, for an Essendon supporter. Not wanting to start any banter in a confined space, I mentioned that I had put some money on Melbourne to win and that if we did Id buy him a beer to which he sort of laughed and said OK. When Winderlick kicked those 2 goals in succession, he seemed quite content and was telling what a great player he had been for the club. I just smiled and agreed, wondering if he would ever play again.

We both were on the edge of our seats as the game came to its conclusion and it was hard to hold back my joy as Salem put through the winner. He was actually quite gracious in defeat and so I bought him a beer. He didn't drink it with me.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 4

They're about as uneducated as Richmond supporters. Probably have a bit more cash to throw around than the typical Toiges fan but Bombers fans are notoriously stupid. I remember when they beat us by 5 points in the finals in 04 they were starting to celebrate the Premiership!

You weren't sitting in the middle of thousands of them.

I reckon they are almost the dumbest supporter group to be honest. Calling for a free every 7 seconds of play was too much after the 1st quarter. Don't know why we stayed there. Glad we did.

Agree. It just didn't stop.

How do you annoy Carlton supporters?

Tell them they're just like Essendon supporters.

How do you annoy Essendon supporters?

Tell them they are just like Carlton supporters.

The main difference is that while Essendon supporters think the umpires are out to get them, while Carlton supporters think the umpires are favouring the other team.

I say this in all good humour - by coincidence most of the AFL fans I know are Blues or Bombers, and delightful people.

They're about as uneducated as Richmond supporters. Probably have a bit more cash to throw around than the typical Toiges fan but Bombers fans are notoriously stupid. I remember when they beat us by 5 points in the finals in 04 they were starting to celebrate the Premiership!

Bomber fans are nasty, whereas Tiger fans are just stupid.

• Like 3

I am away next weekend with a small group two of which are Bomber fanatics.

It will be a bit different to this time last year.

Oh the joy I will be smiling all the way till next Sunday.

Who won again last Sunday?

By how much again?

I am away next weekend with a small group two of which are Bomber fanatics.

It will be a bit different to this time last year.

Oh the joy I will be smiling all the way till next Sunday.

Who won again last Sunday?

By how much again?

You should try to bring the phraise "one point" into every conversation..

eg, if they make a statement just resond with "if i could make one point....."

It will eventually wear them down..

• Like 10

I carry the great shame of having lived in Essendon when I lived in Melbourne. It's actually quite a nice place to live imo.

They are however my least favourite club in the league by far, long before before the doping saga, and that is largely to do with their supporter base. My sympathy for their current predicament is pretty much zero.

I will note that there are some decent, level headed folk amongst them, but they are vastly outnumbered

I carry the great shame of having lived in Essendon when I lived in Melbourne. It's actually quite a nice place to live imo.

They are however my least favourite club in the league by far, long before before the doping saga, and that is largely to do with their supporter base. My sympathy for their current predicament is pretty much zero.

I will note that there are some decent, level headed folk amongst them, but they are vastly outnumbered

Oh i remember when my hatred for Essendon started... Living in Ascot Vale from 1999-2004 going out to local pubs and clubs and having to put up with smug clowns carrying on about the bombers..

Pretty much put them up with Collingwood, Carlton, Richmond supporters..

They aren't great in general but their attitude towards the ASADA investigation is what kills me.

You know whose not being 'bullied' and having to deal with the 'emotional distress' of an ASADA investigation and show cause notices? The other 17 teams in the competition who didn't inject their players to an environment that their own report classified as 'pharmacologically experimental'.

By that logic they'd think Lance Armstrong is a victim too.

• Like 4

They aren't great in general but their attitude towards the ASADA investigation is what kills me.

You know whose not being 'bullied' and having to deal with the 'emotional distress' of an ASADA investigation and show cause notices? The other 17 teams in the competition who didn't inject their players to an environment that their own report classified as 'pharmacologically experimental'.

they have made the wrong decision every step of the way, it was vital to restoring their image that they cut ties with James Hird as quickly as possible.

Oh I dont know about that, I admire a guy who can take that many drugs and win 7 Tours de France. When im on drugs I cant even find my bike! :)

• Like 6

I hate those maggots... yes it's harsh but they are!

Yesterday during 1/4 time (sitting next to my girlfriend) we were asked kindly by a lady could we move down one seat in the MCC so she could have 4 in a row (not knowing she was a Dons supporter) - we kindly did so.

She then nicked off and didn't come back for some 20 minutes into the second quarter, along with her fellow Methadon scum!

Not long into it this high pitched male nob next to us started carrying on, referring to us Melbourne fans (all generally speaking) as to$$ers. Although it was us "to$$ers" that gave him his seat.

I exchanged a few words with him whilst impersonating his hyena laugh, at half time they went back to the bar and we decided to move as I was fuming (the game and this nob combined ) - only wanting to belt his lights out but would not want to risk the loss of my MCC membership.

I guess in the end we had the last laugh with the win (and yes I bloody enjoyed it high fiving a random Melbourne friend we made in our new seats). But this is the second time at the footy I've moved down for people and regretted it, I guess I've learnt my lesson and will only do so from now on if I am certain they are MFC supports or my partners view won't be hindered.

You weren't sitting in the middle of thousands of them.

I reckon they are almost the dumbest supporter group to be honest. Calling for a free every 7 seconds of play was too much after the 1st quarter. Don't know why we stayed there. Glad we did.

absolute scum, sitting next to our interchange box we were surrounded by bummer supporters, when Zahrarkis kicked that second goal to take back the lead the guy behind was up screaming at top of his voice and spitting all over me and my 10 year old daughter. I got up and had a go at him, his mate was laughing and he told me if l didn't like it to go and sit somewhere else. My daughter was crying but didn't want to leave as game was so close, anyway we won and that was brilliant but this guy was a turd like a lot of Essendon 'fans'

The thing about the Essendon supporters I know is that most of them aren't objectionable people at all, until they start talking footy. Supporting that club just does something to people.

It's so true.

One of my bestest and oldest friends is an Essendon supporter. Every week he texts me to say how great Melbourne played.

Last night I got texts telling me how the umpires handed us the match. I told him to get farked :D

• Like 2

My wife is an Essendon supporter (and her entire family), she stopped short of asking me for a divorce last night. Essendon have only beaten us once since we met.

Was an enjoyable trip back on the train.

So you didn't make it condition that you would only marry her if she converted?

Who has first dibs on the kids?

So you didn't make it condition that you would only marry her if she converted?

Who has first dibs on the kids?

I keep telling her that she may as well get on the dees now because Essendon just won't exist once 3/4 of the playing list get banned.

The kids will be born into a Melbourne jumper

Edited by The Flying Hellfish

I was at a pub in Canberra with one watching, He was pretty smug before the game saying that they would smash us because of the previous weeks events and having everything to play for.. He was so proud of his club he was wearing a red and black band around his wrist (that his daughter made, those stupid rubber things) and that was it.. I was in my Melb polo, hoodie, scarf etc...

I may have mentioned they may as well go out with a bang because itll be the last game many will play for a while, He responded with saying that he would give me a 40pt lead and they will still win..

I refused because i wanted to win fair and square..

He had kittens when Watts kicked the goal in the last and almost walked out.. Then when the needle dodger kicked two in a row.. he was standing up pointing and laughing calling me a choker..

It was quite a nice afternoon especially with 19 seconds to go. (i may have been watching through my fingers as the kick sailed thru)

If that were me i would of laughed him out the pub and told him where to stick that 40 point head start!