GOODBYE MR. CHIP FRAWLEY

Frawley  

433 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I reckon the successor is the sticking point, he can see we are improving but wants to make sure they get the next coach right

the coach that they get is going to be chosen by Roosy so don't see the problem there, also Roos says he would like to stay in another role.

• Like 1

It used to be but somewhere along the line when the new clubs came into the competition it seems to have disregarded.

Headhunting went out of fashion with the tribes using knives & forks.

But it's been resurrected by the new cannibals, the modern big business world.... & these trends flow into Sporting codes.

Headhunting often happens well before a contract terminates. Its just that the head cannibal's try to pull the wool-hood over everyone's heads, so they are none the wiser. Just for the 'spin perception' of all is normal; on the surface.

Its been happening long before this past decade s-t-i-n-g-a,

Sure.

I also noticed Watts lead so hard and fast in the last 5 minutes when we were UP. When we were WINNING.

They need to be able to run just as hard when we're losing, or when chasing an opponent also. You're talking about half a quarter of footy where we turned it on and making mention of Frawley's body language. Did you watch the first half?

Again, myself and those I went with last night noticed that Frawley still doesn't get it at times.

I'm over people defending the guy. Like he's some untouchable.

He needs to take a leaf out of Chris Dawes' 'effort and presence' book.

He looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane. We need consistent effort and presence from him at all times, and we're not getting it.

I'm with you on this Steve the man. Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that perhaps he is one of the remaining of the bad culture we have had for so long. Our players have generally looked to blame everyone but themselves for the position we have found ourselves in and have been very quick to throw in the towel when things have gone bad.

I think it would be a positive sign for the club if he re-signed because it would show that individuals are starting to decide to make personal sacrifices because they want to be part of something. It has generally taken that kind of buy in and attitiude from players at Geelong, Hawthorn, Sydney and probably Collingwood too in order to set the clubs up for sustained periods of success (I know they have mostly all lost good players to free agency but in general a high proportion of good players who could have made more money elsewhere have resolved to staying to be part of something meaningful). However at the same time I have watched Frawley not chase, not attempt to smother and leave opposition players to run into an open goal while staying near his man to ensure the goal doesn't go against him directly enough times to be quite happy to see him in another jumper next year. Perhaps deep down he just isn't the kind of person who can be part of driving the change we need within our club.

Last week was a great win but gee what the hell were our players doing in the first half. Against Hawthorn we would have been 15 goals down at half time. It was proof that in so many ways our players still don't understand that they need to turn up with 100% effort 100% of the time. And why don't they? I mean they have now seen what can happen when they bring full on effort (e.g. they can compete with and beat almost anyone). I still feel we have too many who are prone to laziness so losing one in exchange for a high draft pick who MIGHT have a really professional attitude towards what it means to buy in and compete for the jumper, no matter what the circumstances, will probably be a win for us.

• Like 2

No offense but he has not been setting the world on fire, if someone wants to pay him $800k per year they can have him, I would rather have someone more mobile and willing to chase and play hard all day long, i am afraid frawley does not really fit into that mould. Hopefully next year we will have hogan at FF and Dawes and CHF we can then invest on some good small crumbers or possibly put Howe back down there for an occassional run.

• Like 1

Don't care anymore. Don't like this free agency stuff, it inflates players opinions of themselves.

Frawley is a good player - we need very good players. Not guns to our heads by precious players!

Bernie Vince is a far better player than Frawley. We need more of him.

• Like 3

If he's gone, he's gone. We'll be compensated handsomely, and getting 2x Dom Tyson-esque deals again this year will be icing on the cake. Especially if we're headed for a bottom 4 finish after a flat end to the year.

I stick by my earlier statement of I don't care if he stays or go. This isn't a defensive or coping mechanism despite what was written in response to my post.

Either you stay and work hard and try to be part of the solution or you give up and leave. I don't want anyone who even contemplates the latter.

• Like 2

The complete lack of leadership shown by his delaying of talks is reason enough not to have him at the team. You're either 100% dedicated to the cause, or you're not. So take your stuff and get out, we'll take the compo and find players who want to play for us.

• Like 5

It would be some sort of miracle if we get a first round pick for this bloke, and that's what will happen. This compensation setup is totally wrong but I am not going to complain. Chips best footy is behind him and we could use that first round pick on a top mid (hopeing we don't [censored] it up as usual). One thing I do find strange is that there are clubs out there willing to pay the amounts that have been talked about for him.

After going to the game at Metricon last night and seeing the Suns kick up a gear after half time and Hammer the Cats,i hope Chip joins Riv,because they ain't winning a flag anytime soon,even Josh Caddy is starting to regret leaving the Suns for the Cats I've heard

Pick 4-6 for Chip in a heartbeats true.

• Like 1

After going to the game at Metricon last night and seeing the Suns kick up a gear after half time and Hammer the Cats,i hope Chip joins Riv,because they ain't winning a flag anytime soon,even Josh Caddy is starting to regret leaving the Suns for the Cats I've heard

Agree totally...we can replace him quite easily....and build .

• Like 2

Really, tell me more? What did caddy say, and to who? Hang on, I just have to get one of my friends on the line. I live gossip

• Like 1

If Frawley agreed to a club last year (which I think he did) it would be nice if he had the courtesy and balls to inform the club and its supporters.

I would have a lot more respect for the player if he was honest and upfront to the club/supporters rather than dodging the questions and making himself look like a liar.

Whatever, he's gone.

• Like 1

No offense but he has not been setting the world on fire, if someone wants to pay him $800k per year they can have him, I would rather have someone more mobile and willing to chase and play hard all day long, i am afraid frawley does not really fit into that mould. Hopefully next year we will have hogan at FF and Dawes and CHF we can then invest on some good small crumbers or possibly put Howe back down there for an occassional run.

Why do you have to say no offence..??? Frawley... If he is worth $800,000.00 then Vince, Dunn N. Jones etc would be worth 2 million !! Where does Frawley show anything more outstanding than anyone else in the team..He is grossly over rated...He will never be a match winner as would be any player touted as worth 800 grand..Give me a break ! I for one could not give two hoots if he goes. next week would be not soon enough... Why does he seem to have so much bargaining power ?? " wait till the end of the season" What rubbish ...Good bye I say and if we can get something for him then GO for it !! Sorry but I have had enough of this type of player... New Blood please !!

• Like 1

If Frawley agreed to a club last year (which I think he did) it would be nice if he had the courtesy and balls to inform the club and its supporters.

I would have a lot more respect for the player if he was honest and upfront to the club/supporters rather than dodging the questions and making himself look like a liar.

Whatever, he's gone.

I had thought he was a good, loyal, country boy.

• Like 3