WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - ANGUS BRAYSHAW

ashdemons22

According to the HUN article on the Saints this morning Brayshaw is not in their calculations and it is simply either Petracca or Mccartin.

Like many supporters I'm burned by recruiting demons past but, with Brayshaw to become a Demon I honestly believe we have a likely 200 plus game player who will hopefully become a top echelon mid.

As for the other pick, I still believe it will be McCartin.

According to the HUN article on the Saints this morning Brayshaw is not in their calculations and it is simply either Petracca or Mccartin.

Like many supporters I'm burned by recruiting demons past but, with Brayshaw to become a Demon I honestly believe we have a likely 200 plus game player who will hopefully become a top echelon mid.

As for the other pick, I still believe it will be McCartin.

Does anyone else think that Brayshaw has been ranked higher by the Demons than other clubs due to his style of play suiting the Roos game plan?

I suppose it's a good thing that he has improved his speed, recently running a 2.91s (correction, make that 2.81) 20m sprint time.

I'd Love to know where this 2.81s value came from (as in i have read it on several draft profiles, but i can't help but think its a clear mistake). For example, Dean kents fastest 20m sprint time was about 2.9 seconds. He is very fast in my eyes. Petracca tested above 3.00 second at the draft combine (i think - but didn't really read much on this) and he is meant to be explosive. If brayshaw was even close to sub 3.00 seconds id be happy.

The 2.81 sprint was in March, presumably at AIS or something like that since he didn't test at the draft combine. Petracca ran 2.96 at the combine which is still pretty fast.

Edited by TheoX
  • Like 1

The 2.81 sprint was in March, presumably at AIS or something like that since he didn't test at the draft combine. Petracca ran 2.96 at the combine which is still pretty fast.

he has also been working on improving his speed throughout the year too. As for Petracca, his explosiveness also comes through his power out of the stoppages. His force to go through a contest or separate from one is raw power, not to be confused with speed.

• Like 2

Yea the Hun first reported it and said:

"Brayshaw still must boost his endurance but recruiters are buoyed by his 20m sprint times, which Brayshaw said have dropped from 3.15sec to an elite 2.81."

I still think its amazing that he can increase his speed so much.. That sort of improvement shouldn't be realistic in my mind, even with a sprint coach. If it is real MFC should be recruiting that coach and getting him to work on all the list.. His highlights also don't show anywhere near that much speed (if he was that fast, he would be unlikely to be caught by anyone).

To put this into perspective, 20 m sprint times for Gary Rohan (2.93 sec) and Lewis Jetta (2.95 se) are significantly slower.

So just want supporters to be mindful that it is probably a miss quote that every media outlet and draft prediction guru has jumped on board with. If he is sub 3.00 seconds great, but there is no way he is that fast or even close to it in my mind (love him to be though haha).

Go dees :)

What I like about him is that he's been compared to Wines as the most ready made mid in the draft. We passed on Ollie (still hopeful on Toumpas) but now we need to shore up our midfield for years to come with a guy that knows how to find the pill and do something with it.

Great to see he's got some speed to him as well, something we seriously lack (although improved with Garlett and HL).

Yea the Hun first reported it and said:

"Brayshaw still must boost his endurance but recruiters are buoyed by his 20m sprint times, which Brayshaw said have dropped from 3.15sec to an elite 2.81."

I still think its amazing that he can increase his speed so much.. That sort of improvement shouldn't be realistic in my mind, even with a sprint coach. If it is real MFC should be recruiting that coach and getting him to work on all the list.. His highlights also don't show anywhere near that much speed (if he was that fast, he would be unlikely to be caught by anyone).

To put this into perspective, 20 m sprint times for Gary Rohan (2.93 sec) and Lewis Jetta (2.95 se) are significantly slower.

So just want supporters to be mindful that it is probably a miss quote that every media outlet and draft prediction guru has jumped on board with. If he is sub 3.00 seconds great, but there is no way he is that fast or even close to it in my mind (love him to be though haha).

Go dees :)

I think that it's a 20m sprint is why the times can improve quickly. Training on how to get out of the blocks and gather your pace can probably wipe off a bunch of time for anyone.

I'd rather them do a 40m sprint, plus a flying 40 where you have a run up of your choosing and then they record a 40m split.

Either way it's the speed on game day that interests me more. As long as you know who the opponents are chasing if you can see pace standing out in games that does enough for me.

• Like 1

the only bad thing I can say about Angus is that he is related to James but thats not his fault

We can't choose our family! Hopefully James is in tears while he watches him tear the Roos a new one!

the only bad thing I can say about Angus is that he is related to James but thats not his fault

Cant wait to see this kid play

It's not really a bad thing , James still holds the 400m record at the Athletics centre my kids attend, not bad all these years later

Good genetics and look at the positives

• Like 2

Can't wait to see him in red n blue!

here ya go....this'll tide you over til the real pix appear :)

wvbsc3.jpg263gdh2.jpg

• Like 1

What if the Saints pick Brayshaw?

you know what to do >>>>>>>>>>>>>corner !!!