Discussion on recent allegations about the use of illicit drugs in football is forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - ANGUS BRAYSHAW

ashdemons22

What are we May?

Is it to early to start thinking the November draft.

I think not.

Angus Brayshaw

187cm 86kg

Tough inside Midfielder could be the pick of the midfielders at this years draft .

Nephew of James has some real grunt about him.

I watched him on Sunday and he absolutely dominated the midfield smashing the clearances and getting 30 odd touches.

Any one who is keen to watch the under 18s get along and have a look.

He would fit perfectly in our midfield in 2015.

The year of the tall marking forwards he could fall anywhere from 3 - 10.

post-7589-0-46914700-1400738071_thumb.jp

• Like 1

It really depends on the ladder order. We know Brisbane needs talls desperately, GWS needs key defenders, Richmond needs everything, the Saint need a replacement for Saint Nick, Carlton probably a tall forward as well. It will certainly be very interesting to see where he lands. It's also going to be interesting to see who goes tall with their first round picks given that traditionally a lot of clubs consider this more of a gamble than picking a more or less ready made mid.

What are we May?

Is it to early to start thinking the November draft.

I think not.

Angus Brayshaw

187cm 86kg

Tough inside Midfielder could be the pick of the midfielders at this years draft .

Nephew of James has some real grunt about him.

I watched him on Sunday and he absolutely dominated the midfield smashing the clearances and getting 30 odd touches.

Any one who is keen to watch the under 18s get along and have a look.

He would fit perfectly in our midfield in 2015.

The year of the tall marking forwards he could fall anywhere from 3 - 10.

Thank you for putting a grin on my face.

He certainly looks like a ripper so far.

Am a fan of Brayshaw's. I have us finishing 15th this year, but by a decent margin. I have the Saints, GWS and Brisbane finishing below us, although you could add the Tigers and Carlton to that list, even maybe the Bulldogs.

All those teams are in need of KPP's over mids, so we may have first crack at him. He is another type that definitely suits Roosy's game plan.

He is a tough nut, that is good off both sides, an accumulator, good height and prides himself on doing the 1%'s and team things.

Of course, if Chip were to leave, then i'd be using that CP to bring in a tall, by either the draft, or more preferably, a seasoned player (like a Talia, etc)

Edited by Demon Disciple

Our first round pick this year could be valuable property. Club finishing midtable above us could be interested in our pick for theirs plus a sweetener. We learnt this year from Tyson trade that picking the best kid isnt always the best option

Pick 5

Jarrod Picket-179cm, 74kg, south Fremantle

Silky smooth mid/fwd with blistering speed and smarts. Impressed in Europe with the ais academy and again against collingwoods vfl team at the mcg. He is averaging 22 disposals, two goals in wafl colts

Phantom draft on sen

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don't think we should underestimate Angus Brayshaw who many consider the best midfielder in the field for the November draft. Although we're hearing that Paul Roos is likely to be prepared to swap pick 2 (and 3 if we qualify for some form of compensation either through FA or draft assistance) he could do worse than taking this kid. This is what bigfooty's Knightmare has written about him:-

Angus Brayshaw (VIC Mid)

Height: 187cm, Weight: 87kg, DOB: 09/01/1996

Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons

Draft range: 3-10

Best position/role:

Midfield on the ball.

Strengths:

Inside game Brayshaw has shown dominant contested ball winning ability through both the TAC Cup and U18 Championships. His stoppage work is excellent and he is a strong clearance winner. Hes got clean hands and is clean below the knees and by hand. He stands up through and shrugs tackles well and has real strength over the ball. His inside game is at a level where he can play right away. He accumulates strong numbers through the midfield and excellent tackle numbers. Hes also an excellent height and size for an inside player at 187cm, 87kg.

Footskills Hes a damaging user of the footy on both his right and left sides and is one of the rare few on-ballers who can use it cleanly and consistently on either side. Hes an excellent decision maker with ball in hand and has the vision to find targets in dangerous positions making him a real playmaker. From the midfield both in space and in traffic he also has a rare ability to find and hit the leading forward 50 targets and get it to where they want it. Hes also an excellent finisher around goal and can convert from his set shot opportunities.

Marking ability - Hes a strong mark overhead. Hes got the size and strength to beat his opponent in the 1v1 contest but he also reads the flight of the ball exceptionally well and has shown that he can either push back behind the play to take an intercept mark or push forward and be a marking threat on the lead or 1v1.

Work ethic Brayshaw is a hard worker and has put the time and effort into his game. Hes developed the ability to use both sides of his body by hand and foot. Hes developed his strength and inside game and this past offseason has put the work in athletically to improve his endurance and pace and I anticipate hell continue from year to year to put the work into his game to achieve that continued improvement and development of his game.

Weaknesses:

Improved but still only an average athlete Brayshaw is an improving endurance athlete and has pretty good ability to cover the ground. He has to his credit also improved his acceleration this year and has more of a burst of speed to him which he can use over 10-15m in game with ball in hand identifying it was previously an area of weakness. Hes not overly evasive or agile so hes not going to run around or sidestep you.

Overall Brayshaw is good enough athlete and shouldnt have any problems at AFL level but its not an area of strength for him either and I imagine know that its an area hell continue to put the work into.

What I expect will improve:

I expect continued improvement in Brayshaws endurance to allow him to cover more of the ground so that at AFL level he can be a full time midfielder. I also expect Brayshaw to continue to improve and expand his inside game and become a more dominant contested ball winner and clearance winner than he already is.

Who he can become?

Brayshaw I see as a slightly less dominant Oliver Wines. Hes that similar tall, strong bodied midfielder who can do damage by foot and have an impact right away and be a key pillar through the midfield long term but his production I feel in looking at his numbers will be slightly but not significantly lower than the production of Wines.

When will he be ready to play?

Brayshaw is round one season one ready to play. Hes got the size and production to suggest he can have an impact right away. He can also be a starting midfielder right away but I can see him also receiving some minutes on either a forward or back flank during games as his endurance isnt yet quite be up to a level that would allow him to sustain full games at AFL level through the midfield from the outset.

How to best utilise him?

Brayshaw is best utilised on the ball through the midfield.

Interpretation of his numbers:

Best performed TAC Cup midfielder in this draft class. Hes finding the footy both inside and outside the contest. Providing good scoreboard impact. Good tackle numbers and is taking plenty of marks. Has performed strongly through both the TAC Cup and U18 championships. So the indicators are strong and suggest hell play right away and have a long, strong future in our game.

• 4 weeks later...

Think its time to bring this up.

I tweeted Paige Cardona about Angus Brayshaw and Paul Roos being interested.

She tweeted me back saying that every Sandy game she went to Roosy was in the huddle breaks talking to Brayshaw.

I reckon its an interesting insight and I'm a massive fan of Brayshaw. Tough inside midfield with good skill on both sides of his body.

• Like 6

Think its time to bring this up.

I tweeted paige Cardona about Angus Brayshaw and Paul Roos being nterested.

she tweeted me back saying that every sandy game she went to Roosy was in the huddle breaks talking to Brayshaw.

I reckon its an interesting insight and im a massive fan of Brayshaw. Tough inside midfield with good skill on both side of his body.

I love the sound of that but given sandy are affiliated with the saints, would they allow Roos into their huddles?

If Dangerfield chase goes nowhere, bit of talk of trading pick 2 to the Bulldogs for 6 and a very good young mid.

Rationale being Brayshaw still there at 6 due to talls wanted elsewhere, and he's the man we want.

Only problem with this is someone with a picks 1-5 might force our hand and makes us bid 6 for Billy Stretch...not a fan of this strategy...

If Dangerfield chase goes nowhere, bit of talk of trading pick 2 to the Bulldogs for 6 and a very good young mid.

Rationale being Brayshaw still there at 6 due to talls wanted elsewhere, and he's the man we want.

too risky, and relies too much on the other clubs to do the "right thing" by us.

Just nab the one we want, either Petracca or Brayshaw, both look to be absolute beauties.

Risky strategy and we would want to make sure that the 5 other picks/clubs don't choose him.

A guarantee of sort without being written cause we all know that isn't suppose to happen.

Edited by DemonOX

And clubs all pretty much tell each other who they're planning to pick up in the draft. Why else would they have draft meetings with all clubs?

Clubs have intentionally not taken certain players in the draft due to various trade deals and machinations.

In this instance we know GWS only have eyes for Petracca, Saints would be giving up the 1 for 4 to get McCartin or Wright. Bulldogs would be taking 2 or 3 and giving us 6 for either McCartin or Wright.

We would be sweetening any Dangerfield deal with Adelaide to make sure they don't take Brayshaw with 2 if we pull off that trade. That only leaves Brisbane's pick 5 which is being traded to Colonwood, who we are also dealing with in the Heretier trade. We may well sweeten our deal for them to ensure they leave Brayshaw at 5.

That's how he makes pick 6. (wishfully thinking)

• Like 1