The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

This Nick Riewoldt stuff seems pretty interesting. St Kilda must be losing their marbles if they are thinking of trading him - they just lost Kosi and don't have any other key forward prospects and nothing like Riewoldt's quality. Adding to that he seems to have done a good job as captain and appears very devoted to the club.

Personally I think it's rubbish but I guess we'll find out.

I notice in one of the social photos. Russell Robbo was seen with Zaharakis at the races Friday at the Valley.

I hope he was more than in his ear.

Eeew! Too much information.

• Like 2

When Morton was playing U/18s he was considered an elite runner by everyone's standards. I still remember some recruiters believing he was well and truly good enough to be the first pick in the draft.

He finished up not being up to Hawthorn/Freo/Geelong etc standards due to his commitment and our poor development of him, but he was ALWAYS an elite runner.

Particularly when he was running away from Brogan....

No side has failed list management like St Kilda.

What!

They are worse than us?

I think you are stretching the bounds of credibility 316.

beat me by seconds jr!

Watters is really on shaky ground, they are heading for Neeld Mark II and Buckley must pull something out of the bag for next season or the natives will lose it at Pie Land.

I think we are on the up, couldn't get any worse. The Saints have yet to hit rock bottom but are headed there and the Pies, who knows but they are in danger of heading south.

• Like 1

This Nick Riewoldt stuff seems pretty interesting. St Kilda must be losing their marbles if they are thinking of trading him - they just lost Kosi and don't have any other key forward prospects and nothing like Riewoldt's quality. Adding to that he seems to have done a good job as captain and appears very devoted to the club.

Personally I think it's rubbish but I guess we'll find out.

Kosi wasn't a big loss.
  • Like 1

Watters is really on shaky ground, they are heading for Neeld Mark II and Buckley must pull something out of the bag for next season or the natives will lose it at Pie Land.

I think we are on the up, couldn't get any worse. The Saints have yet to hit rock bottom but are headed there and the Pies, who knows but they are in danger of heading south.

Early days yet rjay, the next three months will tell us a few things this being one of them

No side has failed list management like St Kilda.

Turn it up! Cant believe you have the grit to say there list management is worse then us! We are the laughing stock of the AFL because of the management of our list.

Time to get out a bit more 316..

Do you reckon that the Eddie/Buckley lovefest is over? Hmmm, not sure about that.

A mate of mine is a Woodsman (or some bs like that) and he spoke of a poor culture at Pie land.

Seems Buckley and Neeld are from the same sergeant-at-arms Comancheero school of coaching - doesn't suit all lists....

We should NOT, repeat, NOT target any players from Essendon. Within the next 2-3 weeks at least a dozen of them will be issued with infraction notices which will result in 4 year bans (under the new WADA rules). This means any newly signed ex Essendon player with an infraction notice will be banned from playing with us, and we will not be able to replace him, and certainly no compensation will be paid.

We should not go near them with a barge pole....!

Zaharakis is one player who said no to the injections. That came out a while ago so he is safe from bans.

We should definitely try and get him, I wanted us to draft him at the time and was annoyed we got Strauss and the bummers got zaharakis a few picks later. He is a match winner and we should throw a lot of cash at him!

• Like 1

I heard on the weekend that McEvoy Riewoldt and Montana were all looking for out because of Money Watters and Seaford in that order.

Story is that there will be no money to pay players soon. They hate going down to Seaford (all of them) and Watters joins Buckley as the most hated coach. Now that someone else had mentioned it, I thought Id add my 2 cents. Personally I feel sorry for the saints.

I also heard that Jolley sat on the demons Pre-GF lunch on stage next to Paul Roos and spoke bitterly about Nathan Buckley. Apparently when Jolls was in Sydney all issues were spoken about and everything on the table. At Pie-land when Jolls raised an issue he was castigated and told to leave it to himself(bucks) and the leadership committee. There should be others to verify this on here.

I asked Glenn Moriarty (runs Magpie TV) about it shortly after and he blamed Jolleys wife for urging him to step up when he should have STFU. Said Jolls suffered from lack of putting little woman in her place.

Pretty much confirmed it as true to me...

• Like 1

St Kilda are going to face a very long few years if they keep pushing senior players out the door like they are, Watters is as bad as Mark Neeld, he just took over a better list.

• Like 2

Do you reckon that the Eddie/Buckley lovefest is over? Hmmm, not sure about that.

A mate of mine is a Woodsman (or some bs like that) and he spoke of a poor culture at Pie land.

Seems Buckley and Neeld are from the same sergeant-at-arms Comancheero school of coaching - doesn't suit all lists....

No, but the members are getting restless. Will be more than that if they fall back further next year.