• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

The Trade/Draft Rumour Mill

MadAsHell

I think we should be working the Bombers and Adelide for a draft swap for a mid. Both clubs are desperate to get into the draft so lets leverage off that as a first option. Who would they cough up for a chance at pick 2 or 20? We are in a position to play hard ball.

• Like 2

I think we should be working the Bombers and Adelide for a draft swap for a mid. Both clubs are desperate to get into the draft so lets leverage off that as a first option. Who would they cough up for a chance at pick 2 or 20? We are in a position to play hard ball.

Not sure I'd want anyone from Messendon unless they were cleared of potential suspensions.

It would be folly to do anything at all with Messendon. No telling what little extras might come along with those deals

• Like 2

Not sure I'd want anyone from Messendon unless they were cleared of potential suspensions.

Yes good point. We would need an absolute clean bill of health if that would be possible. Good heavens Dank seems to have been everywhere from the Bombers, MFC and every second club in the NRL!

This thread is for rumours.

It is pea brain comments like this that have led to posters like nudge/chilli boy and others to stop posting the rumours they heard.

Where is chilliboy these days anyway, wish he popped by to give us some (false) hope!

Yes good point. We would need an absolute clean bill of health if that would be possible. Good heavens Dank seems to have been everywhere from the Bombers, MFC and every second club in the NRL!

With that thought in mind, should we consider trading out Trenners before the AFL, ASADA and WADA get stuck into him? Don't want to, but I wonder if Messendon are thinking of a pre-banned player fire sale. I have absolutely no idea of Trenners supplement status, but I'm guessing the Club sure as he'll does.

You can scotch any notion of Roo leaving Seaford. He's staying put according to Ainter's website.

No, that wasn't your point. If it was, you wouldn't/shouldn't have started going on about attitudes and elite running.

Gunston and Fyfe are two of the skinniest players in their respective sides. Your devotion to your sinking ship of an argument seems to be clouding your judgement on that.

And finally, as has been addressed, Morton's running was elite by AFL standards. His attitude was not, but his running was.

Actually if you have a closer look at Fyfe he has bulked up quite a bit; I was surprised over the final series to see how big his legs are, compared to lazy year. I was always under the impression that he was a bit skinny.

• Like 1

myers in the middle? OK thats my out of the square thinking.

I've really gotta get some fun back & start to freshen up. I'm getting stale as. losing interest.

I remember myers from the TAC cup, but now can't picture him.

thanks for the notes brey9186.

I doubt it he was drafted from Perth Demons and played PSA Footy for Wesley College from South Perth, some decent AFL players went to that school, Buddy, Gardiner, Cousins, Coughlan, Jarrad Schofield off the top of my head

I doubt it he was drafted from Perth Demons and played PSA Footy for Wesley College from South Perth, some decent AFL players went to that school, Buddy, Gardiner, Cousins, Coughlan, Jarrad Schofield off the top of my head

Interesting collection of players 'Pennant'.

Also heard Taylor Adams thinks he's too good to be a Dee. I don't like him already... Unless he changes his mind...

Brent Prismall was the same if I recall correctly, didn't work out to well for him, Ben Jacobs from Port the same and hardly set the world on fire this season. Caddy finished the season strongly though. I am like you NSC whilst I understand they may not want to come, I dislike them for not even talking to us

They were entertaining posts, even if only 10%came to fruition.

Sadly, he got sick of intellectual pygmy's attacking him for posting rumours so stopped...

Rubbish. Most people loved it. If one person dared say anything slightly negative he would crack the sads and said everyone was ungrateful. When it wasn't the case at all.

Rubbish. Most people loved it. If one person dared say anything slightly negative he would crack the sads and said everyone was ungrateful. When it wasn't the case at all.

??

Do I say most didn't enjoy it?

He copped a bit more than 'slightly negative posts' over the years, he couldn't handle it and stopped posting. Yes he was very sensitive, too much IMO, but not sure how that makes my post rubbish. Do tell?

Maybe thats why I can't remember him, I might be thinking of someone else?

I remember reading about him pre draft. back then studying the draftee forums to get info.

but have no recollection of him. so he's from WA? OK.

thanks for that PSD. so is he worth a look or not?

I remember myers from the TAC cup, but now can't picture him.

Maybe thats why I can't remember him, I might be thinking of someone else?

I remember reading about him pre draft. back then studying the draftee forums to get info.

but have no recollection of him. so he's from WA? OK.

thanks for that PSD. so is he worth a look or not?

Gold.

Will be a very interesting trade period for us, for the first time in a long time I really have no idea who we are going to chase,

I hope we can land Rory Sloane for pick 2

ZaK jones for pick 20

Trade pick 38 for Viv Michie

Trade Mark Jamar for Anthony Miles

Sign Darren Jolly as a playing coach to groom Gawn into the gun I think he will be

Sign Daniel Cross because he is a perfect fit on and off field

look at Xavier Ellis as a free agent

and retain col!

So apart from Zac Jones, we'd be recruiting recycled players. Ellis has been around for zonks and hasn't performed. I'd trde Jamar, but I want an injection of quality youth esp as we have pick 2. I'd also look at Dale Garlett as a 2nd/3rd round pick.

St Kilda are going to face a very long few years if they keep pushing senior players out the door like they are, Watters is as bad as Mark Neeld, he just took over a better list.

It's not Watters fault, it's Ross Lyons.

St Kilda should've off loaded Kosi, Dal Santo, Montagna after 2010 or 2011.

Now they are looking to off loaded them and getting nothing for them.

They can't even use the old one player one club excuse now.

Ross Lyon is a great game day coach, but his list management leaves little to be desired.

• Like 3

I can confirm that jolly has been offered a spot on the list by Roos so the ball is in his court he is weighing up any other offers,

Source is a close friend of his

Yep, heard the same through a close connection of jolly. He is weighing up a one year offer with us versus a job offer in the 'real' world.

Our one year offer is not a lot of coin and I believe it unlikely he will accept and put himself through another pre season.

Gees this thread is long on opinion and low on actual rumours. Heaps of rumours swirling around today none of which seem to have appeared here.

1. Trade period doesn't start until Friday. Not a rumour.

2. Roos wants mids and a running defender.

3. Interest from Dees in Levi Greenwood

4. Pick 2 if not traded for Sloane which the club is still bullish on it will be traded for a group of second tier mids perhaps with sweatners.

5. Colin Sylvia all but ready to resign.

6. Roos wants players that can kick straight. Might spell trouble for Bail but Nicho will be a tagger next year.

7. Expect surprises...

8. Daisy still will be a blue.

And if we can't get Sloane, keep it for Aish or Scharenberg!

• Like 2