Trac’s 2024 Season Over

16 minutes ago, old dee said:

WE must have some great medical staff who could not diagnose his condition was too serious to send him back on. If this was another club we would be screaming blue murder. We deserve all we get from the AFL. We literally put the guys life at risk. 

Edited by Neil Crompton
  • Facepalm 1

I find it amusing by the amount of medical people on this site and we're in the rooms to give their opinion on his injury, you are complicit for not insisting enough that he should not go back on, Jesus the AFL has ticked it off that should be enough but no demonland go in hysterics without knowing the facts.

Hope Trac takes his time to recover.

• Like 8
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1

IMO Trac was in B&F and AA form, sorely going to be missed. Hope you feel and get better soon CP5. Hopefully like Oliver missing chunks of games last year, makes others lift to higher levels. Hopefully Dees can finish best they can with focus on youth development for rest of season and 1 eye on a better season in '25.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/06/2024 at 10:54, Lexinator said:

I believe this happened in central Victoria last year in a juniors comp. The kid received a hard tackle, went off, went back on and collapsed, went unresponsive and died. This could of been a lot worse. Hope Trac gets and feels better soon 🙏 

It was strange the club let him continue to player and with the benefit of old hindsight, quite stupid.

I hope we learn from it and don't let it happen again. One just had to look at how much pain he was in and you'd call time.

You can't see inside but you can see the see the external manifestations of severe discomfort and doubling over from pain. 

Credit to Tracca on some level for trying to play but it's clearly not always the right thing to do.

I'm torn on Moore putting his knee out. I mean if he really wanted to he could take out half a dozen players doing this. But in trying to stop it you take away a big part of the game. I guess in this situation where it wasn't necessary you rely on players to do the decent thing and not do it. But the filth are never decent.

You cant go for a mark playing against them hoping a behemoth of a bloke won't drill his knee into your spleen and ribs just going the mere spoil and then puncturing your lungs. Nice work Moore.

Unless your bravely flying for the mark over the top, keep your blo8dy knees to yourself.

Edited by leave it to deever
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, demon3165 said:

I find it amusing by the amount of medical people on this site and we're in the rooms to give their opinion on his injury, you are complicit for not insisting enough that he should not go back on, Jesus the AFL has ticked it off that should be enough but no demonland go in hysterics without knowing the facts.

Hope Trac takes his time to recover.

You're right. The only thing I hope for now is how we can deal with these things better and continuous improvement of medical processes on match day.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, BDA said:

A lot of rubbish in this thread about our medical team.

and I hate the pies as much as anyone but Moore did not intend to injure trac.

Seriously. Some people need to get a grip. 

The evidence is plain for all to see. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

The filth have taken out 2 of our best ,within 2 games!  it’s about time for payback in rd 24, grow some & take out a few, especially if we are not playing finals 

Edited by Demonsone
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

26 minutes ago, layzie said:

You're right. The only thing I hope for now is how we can deal with these things better and continuous improvement of medical processes on match day.

I am sure everyone will research and gather more information on such matters and that will only be a good thing going forward more education is a good thing.

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

22 minutes ago, old dee said:

The evidence is plain for all to see. 

Maybe old Dee this incident will force AFL to modify the current process for all clubs and help improve player safety for all players. The AFL have ticked off the process that our Medico’s followed with Christian. Let’s see what happens.😢❤️💙

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The heart beats true said:

Is it wrong that I’m of the opinion we should now spend the back half of the year focusing on development for 2025?

All for blooding players, trying some players in different positions, but PLEASE coaches sort out this gameplan!!!
oh, and lets give Laurie and Woewodin more than half a game to show if they are up to the task!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Demonsone said:

The filth have taken out 2 of our best ,within 2 games!  it’s about time for payback in rd 24, grow some & take out a few, especially if we are not playing finals 

Demonsone if you go back to 2022 I believe it was Pendlebury that kicked Clayton in the hand and broke it, he didn’t even get a free kick and Pendles  wasn’t cited for the incident. That’s three out of our top 6???? Who’s Next?

Edited by DeeZone
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, DeeZone said:

Maybe old Dee this incident will force AFL to modify the current process for all clubs and help improve player safety for all players. The AFL have ticked off the process that our Medico’s followed with Christian. Let’s see what happens.😢❤️💙

Poor duty of care!

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

I read the news that Trac is out for the season to mean he is not expected to be available for home amd away matches. Lets see how he goes over the coming weeks and if he returns to light duties in the rebah group in the next 3 - 4 weeks or is out for longer. In any case its a positive that he didn't have his spleen removed and is out of intensive care.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

I wonder who Collingwood’s next victim is going to be?

We play them again....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Hard to tell. 

What I do know is that it was an unnecessary thing to do. I mean it was a spoil and not a specky. The knee wasn't giving him any altitude so I do wonder why he stuck it out.

People argue it's a footy act but imagine if everyone did it on every occasion. There wouldn't be too many players running about that's for sure so one has to wonder why he chose to put out his knee.

And nobody can argue that it was a casual affair.

I mean four busted ribs, a torn spleen and a hole in the blokes lung ....come on. That's a normal footy act? And Traccas a fairly solid build with a fair bit of muscle and mass around those injured parts. If Moore did that to someone like Bowey or McAdam he probably would have broken them in half.

All I'm saying is Moore is a big player at 220 odd pounds and over six feet six, he can do a lot of damage with those knees.

Ill concede that knees in the back happen and aren't illegal but Moore would have to be aware it's dangerous to do.

But if this happened on a regular basis and we saw these types of serious injuries every week, the AFL would have to do something.

So while it's technically legal, it's not exactly fair or sporting. Moore had nothing to gain in doing it and here we are with another Mfc player smashed by a pies one.

He should receive an official warning and the AFL should issue guidance.

If they’re serious about protecting Melbourne and other players of course. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Our Rd 23 encounter with Collingwood has to have some sought of player initiated thuggery. ANything we can do to diminish their finals hopes. 

All within the rules of the game of course so Corkies of all varieties even a few rib ticklers.  I'm prepared to take a honorable loss if it means they go into finals down a few of their stars. 

We have to respond and respond big time, they have the wood over us and we have to exert some physicality to at least have some mental ascendancy going into 2025. Scoreboard payback will just not cut it. 

Park legalities, just go out and hunt the enemy, inflict MAXIMUM CARNAGE! BUT.....

Gee Medical team have some explaining to do, have we  comprimised the health of one of our players on what?? Safety first and CONSERVATISM went right out the window!!

Edited by picket fence
  • Facepalm 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, DeeZone said:

Demonsone if you go back to 2022 I believe it was Pendlebury that kicked Clayton in the hand and broke it, he didn’t even get a free kick and Pendles  wasn’t cited for the incident. That’s three out of our top 6???? Who’s Next?

I might be wrong, but I thought it was Joel Selwood. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Park legalities, just go out and hunt the enemy, inflict MAXIMUM CARNAGE! BUT.....

Gee Medical team have some explaining to do, have we  comprimised the health of one of our players on what?? Safety first and CONSERVATISM went right out the window!!

Why do they have to explain anything, they have to the AFL subject over, people thinking clubs have to explain everything to supporters that would be their only job.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DeeZone said:

I think it was Joel selwood at the cattery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1