Luke Davies-Uniacke

Looks like he's on the way out at season's end. Personally I think he's a very good player, but a little overrated. He's now in his 7th year and still hasn't had the breakout season everyone expects of him. He is nowhere near AA standard yet. Looks great at times in games and sometimes over a stretch of games, but his hamstrings are made of paper and he isn't great defensively. 

To answer your question, yes I would, but for a single first rounder, not two. Money is another factor. He strikes me as a type St. Kilda would pay overs for. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Would you?

Yes at the right price thought he really stepped up last season but like the rest of the list have taken a step backwards this year with the rest of the group. Think they are a bit rudderless in their defensive capabilities and focus across the board. 

• Like 3

His best is incredibly good, but he's clearly not happy and it's impacting his performance, if he goes to a strong club with a good culture that regularly wins and plays regular finals i reckon he'll find himself a consistent brownlow contender pretty quickly 

I think the Cats are going to be in a really good position to get him if he decides to leave 

Edited by Dwight Schrute
  • Like 4

Similar scenario to Carlton's trade for Adam Cerra.

We wouldn't want Davies-Uniacke if he was going to be the pivot of our midfield, but if we are adding him to complete a midfield mix then there's get real value.

Cerra hasn't even lived up to the hype from the time he was traded (for pick 6) and he has still been a big part of Carlton's lift from a brittle list over-dependent on a handful of big names, to serious premiership contenders.

Cripps, Walsh, Hewett (underrated), Cerra, ... Petracca, Oliver, Viney, Davies-Uniake.

Free agent next year so I'd rather wait than pay the trade price, but if it we had to act now or see him go to St Kilda, I'd offer a respectable deal.

Also young enough to keep the age profile of our list turning over just in case that gets a bit hairy when/if Tassie comes in.

• Like 3

Absolutely. He is a jet beaten down by being in a poor constantly developing side.. Unless there is an A grade key position forward we can pry out (which I cant see) we need to improve our midfield quality and speed and he has it in spades and fits our age profile.  

• Like 6

Inside mid. Would be good in a couple of years when Viney is past his best but with a fit list who would you drop?

can’t play other positions from what i can tell

save our cash for a tall fwd

• Thanks 1

Very, very talented.

Spent 7 years at a crappy club watching a turn over of numerous coaches. Clarko hasn't turned the ship around yet, and seems to prefer the young high draft pick mids.

Put LDU in a successful club playing finals with good development and he'd shine.

Yes please, if the price is right.

• Like 2

Throw one of the bowls in the kitchen sink at him. He's at a dud club with no systems. I watch Norf most weeks and Cable, Blight and Archer would be struggling to look good at Arden street at the moment. If Norf want two find rounders, and considering we are a good chance to finish top four in '24 and 25, I would seriously consider the deal. For them it means picks - say 15 and 14. Recon that would be a good deal for them, as these can be bundled up for a top six pick, OR spent on a couple of talls for down back. He not trackta or Oliver, but a brilliant chop out for these guys. This means, potentially, extending the careers of these guys by a year or two.

There's a shed load of up side in this for us.

Edited by Queanbeyan Demon
Typo

A big yes from me - he’d be a top four mid at our club from day one and would add enormously to our 25 and under brigade 

We’ve also lost significant midfield depth with the retirement of Gus and departure of Jordon and Harmes - and with Viney in the back end of his career there would be a clear role for him long term 

We couldn’t match the best offer of a club like the Saints, but if he’s looking for a consistent role in a successful team in Victoria, there’s not many other clubs that would be more attractive 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lil_red_fire_engine said:

Absolutely. He is a jet beaten down by being in a poor constantly developing side.. Unless there is an A grade key position forward we can pry out (which I cant see) we need to improve our midfield quality and speed and he has it in spades and fits our age profile.  

Agree completely.