• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

POSTGAME: Rd 05 vs Brisbane

3 games in 12 days, against 2 home teams, no excuses but they looked mentally & physically cooked! Not sure we’re all the fwds we’re but nothing to kick to & trak just going for glory instead of turning to find a player sums up the night 

• Like 2

Damm mobile memberships….not gunna microwave the phone.
In all seriousness’s we looked tired. Akin to the Essendon gather round match last season.
They jumped us with their thuggish behaviour and we fell into our shells and were never confident to take the game on. 

Transition was nonexistent as our mids never gave our forwards a chance. Kicks on their heads or to the defenders advantage. 

Don’t get me started on the umpires. They must have a big collect coming their way.  

But the loss was all down to our preparations that looked inadequate. 

• Love 1

Too many players having awful… AWFUL games all at the same time. Can’t believe the disparity between the teams tonight. 

Not taking away from Brisbane, absolutely smashed us. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, praha said:

I honestly don't even think we were that bad. We were slow and battered and Brisbane absolutely came out firing. If our worst equates to a 22 point loss against a full strength Brisbane then I'll take that. Richmond and Collingwood both had far worse outings in their Premiership winning years.

Did you sleep throughout the game with that analysis.....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, loges said:

What a soft lazy effort this was, outnumbered at the contest all night, second to the ball all night, worst performance for years. Premiership contenders don't put on performances like this.

You're right, look at our 2018 or 2021. 

More often than not these stinkers happen from time to time in Goodwin's tenure 🤔

2 minutes ago, praha said:

I honestly don't even think we were that bad. We were slow and battered and Brisbane absolutely came out firing. If our worst equates to a 22 point loss against a full strength Brisbane then I'll take that. Richmond and Collingwood both had far worse outings in their Premiership winning years.

How can you not believe we were bad tonight? Come on.. 

• Like 3

That was a game mainly lost at selection tonight and unwillingness to change the game up when things weren’t working. What is the point of playing Oliver when every stoppage and clearance all he can do is watch. Brown shouldn’t have been played clearly not able to impact the game. JVR and Petty also both horribly out of form but not much we can do about that.

The zone simply doesn’t work if players can’t get back, the number of times they were able to chip the ball the length of the ground without us getting a hand on it is baffling. Goodwin should have switched to a man on man to stem the bleeding but alas he refuses to change things up once again 

Also Neale was just allowed to do whatever he wanted tonight did he get a pass because it was his 250th

Edited by Garbo
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

The players willed the results of the first 4 wins. Tonight was our audit and we massively failed. Massively. No excuses. We were smashed in the middle, you could see how easily Lions players would exit stoppage and score. 

We were denied the ball when the game mattered and were shafted hard when we had the ball. Our pressure and intensity was way off. Way off.

A contender doesn’t lose a game like that this early in the season. Pretender is more prudent a description.

The stats were telling for the last couple of weeks and tonight we saw what has been brewing. 

Billing’s needs to be dropped. He is just way off the pace. Bring in Hunter. 

Woey is a VFL player, maybe next year.

Kolt is a pup, needs 12 months in the VFL.

Petty lowered his value, but is seemingly not the answer to our forward line woes.

Kozzys suspension hurt a little but wouldn’t have changed the result. I’d say come out breathing fire in 2 weeks, but maybe not.

Gawn again can hold his head high. 

McVee beaten. Howes needs more games.

Umpired Can GAGF, we have to ask the AFL to review the last few weeks.

I need a bye round. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 2
  • Thinking 1

Gawn, Sparrow, Rivers, TMac, Langdon and Chandler at least had a go. 

Marking practice at training required.

Trace Viney and Oliver all a pale version of their best.

Don't play injured players out of position to hide their injuries. Actually, don't play injured players.

Our young brigade were poor tonight. Tholstrup, Howes, Woewodin, McVee. I can't wait until Melksham and Bowey are available. 

22 point loss doesn't feel right. It feels like an 8 goal loss. 

Lost at the coalface, lost on the outside, lost in the air, our forwards didn't do diddly poo, couldn't move the ball when they setup, no forward pressure, most times they went forward they scored, mids waved the white flag.

We sucked. 

• Like 4

Not sure if it was 3 games in 12 days or bringing too many sore bodies in but still slightly funny the media have wrote us off in pre season and then suddenly got back on us and we produce that filth. 

oh well; not sure the worst score line given the first 3 quarters. 

Edited by roy11
Walking and typing like a gremlin
  • Like 1

I actually don’t think we have a game style that can beat Brisbane. They sliced through us like they did last year at the MCG but this time they went on with it. We barely adjusted to close down space and they ran us off our legs with all those uncontested marks. 

If we play them in the finals, Goodwin will need to be completely prepared for this as this uncontested game will torch us again.

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1

Not going to analyze that very much.

We were beaten and eaten by Harris Andrews. I don't think I've ever seen four marking forwards (Brown, Van Rooyen, Petty and Fristch) all have such bad days at the same time. Without taking supercoach seriously, still, they had 85 points between them!

Overall we looked lethargic and only seemed really competitive in bursts plus the last quarter when Brisbane had also become tired.

Umpiring seemed a bit iffy but it felt like it was just part of a pattern of poor luck in all things on the night.

Windsor and Tholstrup are fine young players and will be fun to watch grow.

Woewodin needs to spend a couple of months being Nibbler's shadow and absorbing everything he does.

The bye is very much welcome.

• Like 2

Just now, At the break of Gawn said:

I actually don’t think we have a game style that can beat Brisbane. They sliced through us like they did last year at the MCG but this time they went on with it. We barely adjusted to close down space and they ran us off our legs with all those uncontested marks. 

If we play them in the finals, Goodwin will need to be completely prepared for this as this uncontested game will torch us again.

Ah someone who takes notice welcome to the few gang who say it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Did you sleep throughout the game with that analysis.....

Yeah it was tough to watch but we defended well considering. I mean, we kicked 5.5 in the last quarter. If that's 8.2 we almost steal the win lol My point is that our worst looks really bad because our best is so good. But tonight really wasn't that bad. If I'm Brisbane I'd be pretty [censored] about that last quarter especially given we were a man down and came from a double trip in Adelaide and without a bye yet. We honestly soldiered on until the end. It's a long season.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, roy11 said:

Not sure if it was 3 games in 12 days or bringing too many sore bodies in but still slightly funny the media have wrote us off in pre season and then suddenly got back on us and we produce that filth. 

oh well; not sure the worst score line given the first 3 quarters. 

Haha the old walk and type! Doing it right now and about to walk into a tree.

• Haha 2