• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

TICKETING: 2023 Finals Week 01

Stiff Arm

I am obviously missing something here. Using off the cuff figures, MCC reserved seats, say 30k, same for AFL members, 30k. That leaves 40k for club members and general public. (I’m ignoring corporate allocations so the number would I presume be even less)

We have say 50k legitimate members (excluding pets, kids, etc). Say the Ferals have 60k.
Even if you assume that only half will want tickets, that is 55k looking for tickets but only 40k available. Does this mean that some members (from both clubs) will miss out?

I’ll be shocked if there are any tickets left for the general public come 3pm.

This raises even more questions. Why will we only get 90k or thereabouts turning up as people are suggesting when the capacity is 100k?  Surely the AFL section will be full. Likewise the MCC on this occasion.

Given that it is a BIG final, why would (using my assumption above) so many members choose not to attend? (even if allowing that it is a Thursday night game)

What am I missing here? The numbers just don’t seem to add up on so many different levels.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

3 hours ago, praha said:

The trick:

1. Join on one browser about 15 minutes before.

2. Join on a second different browser 10 minutes before

3. Join in incognito 5 minutes before

4. Join in incognito on another device a few minutes before, AND, join in app on your smartphone a few minutes before

I ALWAYS end up in at least 2 of the above. Managed to get 6x tickets to Taylor Swift doing above method.

I tried this method had two laptops going with 3 browsers on each (1 incognito) all staggered times plus my phone.

I got on I think around 12:05 looking for 9 tickets but could only get Q level AFL members. Tried to split the tickets into groups of 4 and 5 but still nothing M level. Was first offered Q26 then Q18, Q23 and finally settled for Q16 cos I was worried it would time out on me and I'd be left with nothing.

Spewing beacuse we generally always sit in M18/19 but obviously getting anything was pretty lucky. Lots of people seem to have missed out. There are still MFC member allocation tickets left but only top of level Q, if we play a big team in the finals again I think I'll fork out and go with the MFC members allocation.

Can't wait though, absolutely pumped for this game, hopefully we give them a mauling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Presumably we will dominate the MCC 70/30. Assume equal allocation of club members to both sides and if they take the 80/20 of AFL reserve, then it should be a pretty balanced turnout.

Not so sure the MCC will be 70 /30 our way, the filth have a lot of MCC members also. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

1 hour ago, Wodjathefirst said:

What is interesting (read disappointing) is that when you look at the seating map that the AFL members reserve has actually expanded towards the Punt Rd goals. What I mean by this is where my reserved seat was for the home and away season (bay 15) is now allocated to the AFL. 

Disappointing for two reasons. More seats allocated to AFL members (presuming dominated by ferals) and less seats left for the general public to access.

Everyone is equal, but the some that are less equal than others gradually seem over a period of time to become even less equal.  Little by little.

It ahould be noted that the AFL Reserve is not actually an AFL Members reserve - AFL members have access to the AFL reserve but the AFL also use it for their corporate tickets, medallion club etc which is why they expand it during finals. For example although the reserve holds around 23k only around 13k GF tickets go to AFL members.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

18 minutes ago, Wodjathefirst said:

I am obviously missing something here. Using off the cuff figures, MCC reserved seats, say 30k, same for AFL members, 30k. That leaves 40k for club members and general public. (I’m ignoring corporate allocations so the number would I presume be even less)

We have say 50k legitimate members (excluding pets, kids, etc). Say the Ferals have 60k.
Even if you assume that only half will want tickets, that is 55k looking for tickets but only 40k available. Does this mean that some members (from both clubs) will miss out?

This raises even more questions. Why will we only get 90k or thereabouts turning up as people are suggesting when the capacity is 100k?  Surely the AFL section will be full. Likewise the MCC on this occasion.

Given that it is a BIG final, why would (using my assumption above) so many members choose not to attend? (even if allowing that it is a Thursday night game)

What am I missing here? The numbers just don’t seem to add up on so many different levels.

many mfc and cfc club members are also mcc or afl members.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, old dee said:

They give free oxygen bottles up there. I would rather watch on TV.  

I quite like level 4. I have a reserved seat in M53, but if the crowd is low and I’m by myself I often go up to 4 and watch. 

I feel like you can see the tactics of the game so much better up high - and it gives you enormous appreciation for the running by the wingers and high half forwards, and the timing of the intercept defenders. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Wodjathefirst said:

That's partly because your numbers are not adding up. Your estimates are obviously wrong.

Fear the Beard knows very closely the numbers snd from a previous post 23,000 is AFL members I think.

Others Will know the figures of MCC and approx balance, then you can try to correctly estimate the figures. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 13thFlagIsComing said:

Had 4 windows open on my desktop for AFL Members tickets.

• 1 at 11:30
  • 1 at 11:30 on incognito mode
  • 1 at 11:45
  • 1 at 11:45 on incognito mode

And the result...?

Purchased 4 tickets off the Ticketek app on my phone whilst my 4 windows continued to spin.W

We had different computers and phones going on different connections and only one of them got in in what I would consider a reasonable time (about 15 or so minutes). Kept only one other open to get tickets for someone else and it took about 50 minutes.

Fun fact the last device I opened the Ticketek site on about 2 mins past 10 was the first one through. The first one opened on 10 on the dot got through after 50 mins.

• Sad 1

Just now, daisycutter said:

many mfc and cfc club members are also mcc or afl members.

That is a good point and would have an impact . But having said that, even if you allowed that 20% are (and I reckon I’m been extremely generous) that would leave around 40k members ( from both sides) trying to get the 40k seats on offer.

Bottom line I guess is this. If you are a general public wanting to get a ticket, you are more likely than not, well and truly stuffed.

in the meantime….. GO DEES!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 58er said:

That's partly because your numbers are not adding up. Your estimates are obviously wrong.

Fear the Beard knows very closely the numbers snd from a previous post 23,000 is AFL members I think.

Others Will know the figures of MCC and approx balance, then you can try to correctly estimate the figures. 

I agree, I guarantee you that my numbers are well and truly stuffed!  (I did say they were ‘of the cuff figures’)
Apologies for wasting yours and most likely others time.

in the meantime GO DEES!!! (Reckon I’ve got that last bit right)

Edited by Wodjathefirst
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Megatron said:

I’m pumped now. I hope the Melbourne fans rock up with full voice like we did in 2018 because that was crazy. I was at the Sydney game and I just felt as though the fans were a bit timid. Different feel to it this year.

Yep last year I felt like we were just making up numbers with our injuries and what not. This year I think we can do it, so I’m absolutely pumped 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Demonland said:

To all our new barcode hunting members

Why Women Kill Dont Go GIF by Paramount+

Just kidding. Welcome to Demonland.

I'm a life fan but live overseas now, so the only way that makes sense to support the club is through merch and a 3 game membership. Not ideal but words can't express how good it feels to be heading back to watch this game!

• Like 6
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, DeeGreg said:

I'm a life fan but live overseas now, so the only way that makes sense to support the club is through merch and a 3 game membership. Not ideal but words can't express how good it feels to be heading back to watch this game!

That’s awesome. Enjoy the game. Let’s hope we get the win. Go Dees. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gawndy the Great said:

well i figured it out in the end. rookie error by me. Trying to buy two tickets - separated barcodes by hitting 'enter' and not spacing them out. re-read email, it was there but in the heat of the moment, did see the fine print. 

Q50 BB. would have been E or F if i had worked it out earlier. 

Yeah I lost my first ten minute window trying to figure this out. I missed a category of seating but I'm still happy to be going.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Disappointing for two reasons. More seats allocated to AFL members (presuming dominated by ferals) and less seats left for the general public to access.

Everyone is equal, but the some that are less equal than others gradually seem over a period of time to become even less equal.  Little by little.

There is also no seating on the wing. All of them go, MCC and AFL.

Bay 15 was the closest we got to the wing, with those gone leaving bay 13, (some are more equal than others). Quite often that bay goes to the other team, leaving the wingers in 12 or 11.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Wodjathefirst said:

Ultimately your numbers are completely incorrect.

MCC is 23K, AFL is about 17K for finals with Medallion club getting 4k (within the AFL reserve). The afl loses Q28 for finals.

That leaves 56K left for the rest of the ground.

The reason the ground doesn't get to 100K is because additional standing room areas become available for the GF, Corporate boxes won't be completely full like they are for a GF, Medallion Club won't be completely full and there will be no shows.

The MCG has seen multiple games that have been "fully ticketed" with the whole ground sold out and the crowds for those games have been 74k, 76K, 78k, 80k, 83.5k and 95K. It is so hard to get to capacity.

Edited by FearTheBeard
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Lord Travis said:

Getting tickets has been more stressful than watching the match will be!

If we serve up the poor efforts from the straight sets finals losses last year I'll spew. That was so deflating, and this time round we'll have the filth fans to deal with.

Obviously you are forgetting our injury and health status in 2022 which was the major factor in our demise. We are a 3/4 goal better team healthy and fit with some options even if injuries occur.

Our situation is more like 2021 than 2022 and I expect we will be very hard to beat in any Final we play in especially if we stay at the G for all games. Don't rule us out at Gabba or Adelaide Oval should we have to win a prelim there either. This team as Sunday proved doesn't like losing and the combined losing average margin vs Top8 teams in 2023 is 4.5 points!!!

Ironically we lost to Bombers by 27, Cats by 15 and Freo 7 pts averaging 16.3 and those teams are just waking up very sore and sorry from Mad Monday. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FearTheBeard said:

Ultimately your numbers are completely incorrect.

MCC is 23K, AFL is about 21K for finals because Q28 goes to the General Public.

That leaves 54K left for the rest of the ground.

The reason the ground doesnt get to 100K is because additional standing room areas become available for the GF, Corporate boxes wont be completely full like they are for a GF, Medallion Club wont be completely full and there will be no shows.

The MCG has seen multipled games that have been "fully ticketed" with the whole ground sold out and the crowds for those games have been 74k, 76K, 78k, 80k, 83.5k and 95K. It is so hard to get to capacity.

Thanks FTB. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, The heart beats true said:

I quite like level 4. I have a reserved seat in M53, but if the crowd is low and I’m by myself I often go up to 4 and watch. 

I feel like you can see the tactics of the game so much better up high - and it gives you enormous appreciation for the running by the wingers and high half forwards, and the timing of the intercept defenders. 

Same here.  If I had a choice between L1 & L4 I'd go L4 every time.

L1 I feel like I am looking through the players and lose the perspective I have from higher up where I can see what is going on.  Often I find myself watching the big screens.

As for the running of wingers and half forwards, ABSOLUTELY!  I've often thought those that have been critical of the likes of ANB really need to get up to L4 and see what he actually does.

• Like 6
  • Clap 1

3 hours ago, Mel Bourne said:

Like many, I kind of panicked and went for “best available”. Got given M35 Row N. In theory, a good seat. In practice, horrifically close to the Pies cheer squad (behind point post, Southern Stand end).

And on my own! 

Will either be the best or worst afternoon of the year. 

In reality you got a seat at the game!  Going best available is normally pretty good especially when buying in a rush for a final. 

Edited by darkhorse72
  • Like 1