• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: QF vs Collingwood

Demonland

2 hours ago, old55 said:

Thursday is less time for Moore and Daicos to get up too. That's also a win.

That is a very good point.

Daicos would surely be touch and go to play. Six weeks was preliminary final i thought.

Even if he plays, it's not a game he can ease into, and will get no time and space. Or peace.

And for Moore every day matters given his history of hamstring issues. 

A chilly Melbourne Thursday night won't help his cause much either.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Jibroni said:

Sure did, just dont tell @binman

Yep, King gave us a huge pump up, tracc this, defence that. 

But at the end of the show they all gave their predictions.

Bizarrely, given his huge pump up of the dees, and picking us as flag winners after our win over the Tigers, King picked the Pies to be the premier, with lions runner up. 

Somehow King arrived at the dees not even making the Grand Final.

He also said that the Pies should get 75% of the tickets sold for the QF because as the home home team, and having finished on top, they have earned the benefit they would get from a pro Pies crowd.

Edited by binman
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 2
  • Shocked 3
  • Angry 1

I suspect Hibberd would have played today if not concussed, and that Turner would have been pre-warned that he’d only have one week. 

And assuming Melksham is indeed injured, it would seem TMac will get the call up.

So Hibberd for Turner and TMac for Melksham  

But I do worry about TMac’s fitness. A long shot, but what do others think of Tomlinson playing forward instead of TMac?  He’s much fitter than TMac right now and would therefore have the tank to get up the ground to support our exits from D50 and kicks along the wing, like TMac did when he was fit.  Of course he hasn’t trained there all year - too much experimentation at this late stage in the season?

8 minutes ago, Nairobi_Demon said:

I suspect Hibberd would have played today if not concussed, and that Turner would have been pre-warned that he’d only have one week. 

And assuming Melksham is indeed injured, it would seem TMac will get the call up.

But I do worry about TMac’s fitness. A long shot, but what do others think of Tomlinson playing forward instead of TMac?  He’s much fitter than TMac right now and would therefore have the tank to get up the ground to support our exits from D50 and kicks along the wing, like TMac did when he was fit.  Of course he hasn’t trained there all year - too much experimentation at this late stage in the season?

Tomlinson is a woeful forward. No chance of this happening 

• Thinking 1

10 hours ago, Jaded No More said:

He could against the smaller Pies forwardline. Elliot is a good match up 

Agree about Hibbo smothering Elliot - his possession count can be annoying as are his sudden bursts. I'd give Salem a rest and suggest Disco to take on that pozzie for intercepts, distribution.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

I'm away so haven't had the chance to see the Sydney game.

The Melksham news is devastating on all fronts. Having cemented his spot and done so well this year, to miss out on the finals campaign will be heartbreaking for him. Meanwhile it throws a massive spanner in our forward line thoughts. Having him and Petty go down in the final month is just no good. 

I suspect it will be TMac who gets that spot. Fingers crossed whatever form he got today, and perhaps next week for Casey again, can translate into AFL level, because if we get the slow, early-2023 TMac, that won't work.

I don't need to have seen the game today to know that we won't be dropping Turner for anyone except Tomlinson. We are not abandoning that plan now. 

We have seen some very pleasing recoveries from TMac over recent years and a spot at CHF in the saddening absence of the Melk might well prove to be (across the finals, re-injuries excluded) some mighty impressive last waltz reliabilities for his services to the Club over the years. Smith should be the sub and if the TMac dream does not turn out well, we have a bloke to fill that role. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nairobi_Demon said:

HIbberd for Salem; the latter could come on from the bench.

• Thinking 1

8 hours ago, red&blue1982 said:

He'll step up, he's a gun!

should have been rested when we had the chance as was called on here 4 weeks ago

I was at a local footy grand final yesterday and couldn't watch, haven't had a chance to watch the replay.  To save me wading through pages of content can someone please let me know how D Turner went?  Did Smith play forward or back?

Before we put a line through Grundy, he seems to be in red hot form. How was his last game against the Pies? IIRC he played pretty well. Do we consider him if Cox is playing? Cox has played as sub more than once. Is that a consideration for Grundy? Whatever we do, our forward line will have to adapt to a new look again with Melksham going down. I feel for the poor bloke. He so deserved to be part of our finals campaign.

My main concerns are Moore and Elliot. McCrae said a few days ago that Moore would be ready next week and would be playing if not for the bye. So, I'm assuming he's playing. Elliot is a big game player and his ability to get off the leash has me pondering if Hibberd comes back in. If not him, who else? I thought Disco played well apart from a few errors and showed he could mix it at this level.

Just lobbing out a few questions.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, binman said:

Bizarrely, given his huge pump up of the dees, and picking us as flag winners after our win over the Tigers, King picked the Pies to be the premier, with lions runner up. 

He also said that the Pies should get 75% of the tickets sold for the QF because as the home home team, and having finished on top, they have earned the benefit they would get from a pro Pies crowd.

He changes his mind every 2 weeks hence why I don't draw to him. At least Montagna has a bit more conviction with his analysis, I also don't mind Rohan Connolly.

Do you know what the % of tickets distributed will be. Very keen to come over for it.

• Like 2

This call by Kingy is terminal to his credibility.

• Like 1
  • Clap 3

I didn’t watch any of the Casey game but I’m so concerned about Tmac’s lack of agility and speed. I really thought he needed to play against Sydney so we can see what his movement is like. However it seems he’s the only option now  

Personally I’m making Smith sub again. Tmac and Laurie in (Laurie was instrumental in moving the ball inside 50 in the last. Essentially played the Spargo role but better). 
I would also consider Hibbo for Turner against the Pies smaller forwardline but understand that’s unlikely as we want the 3 talls down back. 
At least with Smith as sub it allows us to play him back or forward if Tmac or Turner are struggling. 

In: Laurie Tmac

Our: Melksham Smith 

sub: Smith 

7 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

He changes his mind every 2 weeks hence why I don't draw to him. At least Montagna has a bit more conviction with his analysis, I also don't mind Rohan Connolly.

Do you know what the % of tickets distributed will be. Very keen to come over for it.

100% 50 50 - pardon the percentage pun.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

Because he’s too lazy to check how finals ticket allocation is handled? 😂

He knows its 50 50. They discussed it.

He just reckons its unfair the pies, as the home team, don't get any advantage because the g is also our home ground. 

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3

5 minutes ago, binman said:

He knows its 50 50. They discussed it.

He just reckons its unfair the pies, as the home team, don't get any advantage because the g is also our home ground. 

He really is a nuffy. He does understand that every club has members with a finals guarantee doesn’t he? 
The reality is there will be more Pies fans there if this game goes to general admission sales. But it likely won’t. 

Edited by Jaded No More
  • Like 2

He was like this last week too on 1st crack had pies at number 1 then next day did his seedlings on SEN had us at 1, I bet he does same thing today 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

we're three wins away from being premiers

it's pretty simple

win this one and we're in a very, very good position

for mine...i'm shattered for milkshake - he's been fantastic the back half of this season; such a shame

OUT: melksham
IN: plugger mac

this game is going to be HUGE

Yep. Wouldn't be playing in a Qf if not for Melksham.

49 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

Two weeks is an eternity in the skinny, low cell-count minds, of the AFL media. Most change their minds based on the last mark or tackle they witnessed. I heard Lloyd say recently that two current players at the one club were "once in a generation players" Absolutely astonishing.

• Haha 1

Just now, layzie said:

Daicos's injury is not the type you rush back for.

I've got no factual knowledge to back that up but hopefully someone will jump in just so I can look good. 

They literally said he won’t play week one. He hasn’t even started running yet. 

• Like 1