-  some game-day run into Fritta;

-  Clarrie to clean out any remaining cobwebs;

-  a good look at Disco in the Ones;

-  nice little win;

-  no injuries.

Thanks

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Flag 2021 said:

Of course if Port tank then they will end up 4th and avoid going to Brisbane.

Port are really going to want to steady their ship today. Only two wins out of the last six matches (and neither of those wins against top eight sides). They are not going to want to enter finals at 2-5. 

Edited by Mel Bourne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Go for the win and let the cards where they may. Winning form and mentality the priority over QF opponent and venue imv

The Lions were ordinary last night against a dogged opponent. We're a cut above the Saints so the Gabba should hold no fears for us. And the Lions record in finals there isn't great either. highly likely this is all moot anyways cos Port won't lose to the tiges. 

I'm looking at Fritschy's form and what disco can bring. And no injuries please.

A confidence boosting 25 point win coming up

Go Dees

• Like 8
  • Clap 1

Hope we play well and are "in form" against the Swans.

Winning is preferred. As it helps build momentum for us.

Don't care where we play in the finals. You gotta beat the best to be the best. Although, obviously at the MCG against the Magpies is preferred.

No injuries is important. As we need to be fit and healthy for finals football.

Lastly, I hope Christian Petracca plays extremely well and gets the 3 votes in our match today. That helps him to be a sneaky chance to win the 2023 Brownlow Medal! Fingers crossed!🤞

• Like 8

44 minutes ago, Flag 2021 said:

Brisbane are 2-4 in finals at the Gabba since 2019.  I don’t think Port should be any more worried about travelling there than to the G. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, binman said:

Yes. A possibility.

But we then have the chance to do the same. 

I like your strategy. Couldn't agree more.

If Port lose to a depleted Tigee side (tank) Dees will show the world  how you really go the tank !

If Port win ,great, we go hard at the Swanees and spoil the show.

1 hour ago, DubDee said:

No chance of port losing to the tigers

So play hard, go for the win but don’t kill yourselves. 

The latter part of the season has been one of constant surprises. The Tigers appear to have checked out but I wouldn’t be ruling out yet another surprise in this case.

Well I'm where all Melbourne supporters presumably go to. I'm at the snow. Got out of the car & the first voice I hear is someone saying go pies tonight. Great can't even escape them here.

Today I want a nice win, players to dominate obviously no injuries especially concussions & if Goody's sensible he'll take key players off in the last quarter to not risk them

1 minute ago, dl4e said:

What a wonderful day so far. MFC playing at 1520 and there is not a skerrig of MFCSS permeating my body. Just no injuries please.

MFCSS IS like syphilis- it never leaves the body. Ready to flare at any time 

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Flag 2021 said:

Its a good point tbh.

They would prefer going to the G because thats where their imaginary Premiership will be won.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, binman said:

MFCSS IS like syphilis- it never leaves the body. Ready to flare at any time 

I know. I have just noticed a chancre developing about concussion protocols and us playing on  the thursday night.

• Haha 1

Some major carry on here today..

We'll take the game on as serious as we have under Goody's tenure. 

I hope we win and it's an absolute grinding one too. Nothing better then a good solid test right on the eve of finals to see what we're really made of. If it's one team you want to do it against its certainly Sydney with their contested game plan style.

Football is also a contact sport.. injuries happen.. who would have thought hey?

• Like 11

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.