• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 22 vs Carlton

Demonland

1 hour ago, Chook said:

Great ins. Glad to see Grundy back (and the 🐐 as well of course).

Where will we play Smith? I hope we put him forward, though it leaves May and Lever as our only tall defenders, making it harder for them to zone off...

I'm guessing smith sub and hibbo into the starting 22. 

Wet night, don't need 3 talls down back given McKay is out. Hibbo can crack in.

Smithy injected forward or back late in the third, depending on where needed.

• Like 7
  • Clap 2

13 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

Good find that. I only find empty chip packets and dog hair behind my couch. 

Well I have a 3 year old who puts my work phone behind the couch…

”Hey mate, you know you just can’t put Brodie back here! He might break. He’s bloody expensive!

Sorry Brodie; he just kept you there for later. Didn’t mean anything by it. Good luck on the weekend!”

• Haha 3

20 minutes ago, binman said:

Does your dog eat chips?

My dog loves fish and chips night for the chips. She looks like she’s smoking a big stogie with a chip hanging out her mouth

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, rpfc said:

If Grundy is in, I don’t mind it. If nothing else he lets Gawn and JVR not ruck as much and that is helpful.

I actually quite rate JVR's ruck work, especially at boundary throw-ins but without Grundy I worry he'll just completely run out of gas at some stage and we need him fresh and firing forward more than we need him rucking. That's what Gawn and Grundy are for.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, DutchDemons said:

May as well watch it again.

Beautiful footage.

Carlton stuffed that up about 10 times in 2 minutes. You'd think they've learned a lot since then.

Melksham doing Melksham things - coming up clutch in last minute come from behind wins.
That Carlton girl's reaction at 4:07 is tattooed on my mind like the Bulldogs lass in the grand final.

Classic win.

• Like 4

Just watched AFL 360. Kingy has hit new lows. He showed several clips of Cripps in Carltons losses getting contested possessions at centre bounces under pressure.  Some clean, some not, but according to King, Cripps wasn't tough enough, too comfortable. Should have broken the tackles easier. His heart wasn't in it apparently.

He then showed Cripps in centre bounces in their wins. They were almost identical, except for Kingy's commentary, "Bang, take the contact, out the front, quick kick, pure" Repeat.

It's why their winning now apparently. It was embarrassing.  Gerard smirked during and at the end announced the sponsor with pleasure and a smile "All the lab work is for Xero" and boy, was it!

• Like 3
  • Clap 1

11 minutes ago, Palace Dees said:

Just watched AFL 360. Kingy has hit new lows. He showed several clips of Cripps in Carltons losses getting contested possessions at centre bounces under pressure.  Some clean, some not, but according to King, Cripps wasn't tough enough, too comfortable. Should have broken the tackles easier. His heart wasn't in it apparently.

He then showed Cripps in centre bounces in their wins. They were almost identical, except for Kingy's commentary, "Bang, take the contact, out the front, quick kick, pure" Repeat.

It's why their winning now apparently. It was embarrassing.  Gerard smirked during and at the end announced the sponsor with pleasure and a smile "All the lab work is for Xero" and boy, was it!

I saw the same thing, and thought the exact same. King says whatever he wants to suit his narrative. If he doesn't have any stats backing up what he's saying, I just ignore him. If he has stats, I usually still ignore him:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Redleg said:

I don’t think there is a role for Tommo this week as I don’t think May can play on Charlie. I would play May on the resting ruck. Carlton have an otherwise small forward line and we need quick backs like Salem, McVee, Bowey and Hibberd. I would try Rivers on Charlie. Charlie is too quick for May and better at ground ball too.  Even Hibbo could be a better option.

Too quick for May? The key defender that plays on Toby Greene and Charlie Cameron?

44 minutes ago, BoBo said:

WOW the Carlton defender taking a dive from a light Melksham slap. 

That should be 1 week suspension.

There was a beautiful bit of video analysis by someone on YouTube (if only I could remember their username) about how that staging cost Carlton 10 seconds, and how those crucial seconds gave us the time to win with no response from them.  Sooo satisfying 😇😈

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

27 minutes ago, OhMyDees said:

Most ropable thing Mitch Cleary said was basically Goody has given Grundy “one last chance”. What a peanut!

So dramatic.

Like a football telanova. 

Last chance saloon is on my bingo card.

• Like 1

If the Grundy news is true, then with the heavy rain on Saturday it might be ok due to the number of stoppages expected. Gawn will get exhausted going against two rucks for 90% game time. 

I’m not sure Grundy is the answer for the finals series but he’s probably the answer for this Saturday. Smith absolutely needs to be the sub in case we need more mobility in the forward line.

45 minutes ago, Palace Dees said:

Kingy says some of the dumbest things of all the media and there is a lot of competition. I actually don’t mind listening and watching him, not to learn anything but just for a laugh. 

58 minutes ago, Palace Dees said:

I just watched that as well. It was truly absurd

Geez it would be nice if we give them a touch up, the media circle jerk for Carlton is getting to Collingwood levels, clary will be like a caged lion who has been poked with a stick everyday for 2 months, got a feeling the players will be right up for this 1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chook said:

I saw the same thing, and thought the exact same. King says whatever he wants to suit his narrative. If he doesn't have any stats backing up what he's saying, I just ignore him. If he has stats, I usually still ignore him:

That was terrible analysis and vision as evidence! There was no difference in the poor vs the good.

Also “no one can go with them when they’re like that”. Bulltish. How about the midfield that piled on 3 goals in 30 seconds in a grand final with the most devastating centre stoppage work in the history of the game? I reckon they might be able to go with them…

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Kozzie4PM said:

Too quick for May? The key defender that plays on Toby Greene and Charlie Cameron?

May doesn’t play on Cameron and I don’t recall him playing on Greene lately.

You must admit that Curnow would beat May in contested ground ball and that May has slowed in the last year.

• Like 6
  • Love 1