PREGAME: Rd 17 vs St. Kilda

Demonland

Just now, Roost it far said:

He’s played one game since round 2or 3, and while he seems cooked and I think he’s owed a couple of games

Personally I don't think any player is 'owed' anything.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

CHRISTIAN SALEM PLAYS HIS 150th THIS WEEKEND!!!

I’m confident the result of his 150th will be cause for celebration (unlike last weekend’s double milestone match).

GO SALO!

♥️💙

We’ve got this stunning graphic for Salo’s 150th…

F53860F3-1849-470E-AE4D-6F797FB751A8.thumb.jpeg.a3cd37f0fe22703de79afd71ea21de4c.jpeg

Looks perfect, huh. Now look at his signature…

05501F59-2BA0-49D0-9D7B-D5FBF1D18339.thumb.png.435b776e2b1d33740162d3168062112b.png

image.gif.85e9b6d36629a9dd8908be7115ea6b82.gif

Edited by WalkingCivilWar
  • Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Haha 5
  • Clap 2

2 hours ago, Demon17 said:

Premiership standard defence back

Best inside 50 connector back in Charlie 

Melksham can play tall 

Must give bbb another week under the roof. Last week's experiment wasted due to rain.

Great to have another "Wowey" to cheer. Good luck Taj

Acceptable changes that will either set us up for run home with jvr to be added somehow. Or start of slide. I'm expecting the former. 

People keep throwing up this fact about Spargo but for whatever reason I don’t see him as that. 

The decision to play Brown last week was on par with dropping Tomlinson the week before.

• Clap 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, monoccular said:

OMG

Fritra out so drop Smith and don’t recall JVR, our best kick and best contested mark   The other decent contested mark is Petty but he stays back    Melksham fresh off 7 possessions stays in the forward line  

Hope this works but I cannot see how  - I could very easily lose all interest in the remainder of the season.  

If we go in with the small forward line as listed and then start bombing it long and high and watch the Saints intercept mark repeatedly I will lose it big time. We have been here before in 2019/20. Let’s just hope the inside 50 delivery will suddenly improve replicating late season 2021. Fingers crossed in optimism. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What concerns me is that the FD seems to be chasing their tail with no carefully considered and executed plan for the forwards. For example Goody was firm that Petty would be playing forward, Tommo comes good in the backline so all seems good for the plan so they drop Tommo and push Petty back. Then they talk about two/ three talls but play one. Then they select tall in torrential rain and short under the roof.

It is baffling and smacks of panic planning.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Clap 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, monoccular said:

OMG

Fritra out so drop Smith and don’t recall JVR, our best kick and best contested mark   The other decent contested mark is Petty but he stays back    Melksham fresh off 7 possessions stays in the forward line  

Hope this works but I cannot see how  - I could very easily lose all interest in the remainder of the season.  

Mono I am also confused by the dropping of Smith after losing Fritta that is putting a lot of pressure on Melksham and BBB I would have preferred Tomlinson in and Petty forward, don’t like these changes at all.

Edited by DeeZone
Auto correct sucks
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, A F said:

Are you going this week, Steve? The team really needs your help with their arousal levels.

It's okay to not understand the nuances of AFL, not everyone does. 

Just keep that 'fatigue' train chugging along. 

If we keep losing, it's mainly because of fatigue. We get it. 

That and Collingwood are overrated. Nice. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

We’ve got this stunning graphic for Salo’s 150th…

F53860F3-1849-470E-AE4D-6F797FB751A8.thumb.jpeg.a3cd37f0fe22703de79afd71ea21de4c.jpeg

Looks perfect, huh. Now look at his signature…

05501F59-2BA0-49D0-9D7B-D5FBF1D18339.thumb.png.435b776e2b1d33740162d3168062112b.png

image.gif.85e9b6d36629a9dd8908be7115ea6b82.gif

If only we were playing the Pies, no-one from the opposition would notice.

Banner looks awesome WCW.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Brownie said:

If only we were playing the Pies, no-one from the opposition would notice.

Banner looks awesome WCW.

Thank you, Brownie!

Next to the graphic are the words “Christian Salem 150 Games” then his personalised line is:

“MASTER OF PRECISION”

So apt for him.

Incidentally, last week was Toby Greene’s 150th game. There was no acknowledgement on their banner because there WAS no banner. GWS wanted to acknowledge it so they asked us if we could have a shared banner, to which we agreed. Only problem was they weren’t prepared to share in the making of it nor supply any materials. Therefore, no shared banner.

#anyOpportunityToBlowTheDeeArmyTrumpet 🤩

• Like 1
  • Clap 5
  • Shocked 1

Just now, WalkingCivilWar said:

Thank you, Brownie!

Next to the graphic are the words “Christian Salem 150 Games” then his personalised line is:

“MASTER OF PRECISION”

So apt for him.

Incidentally, last week was Toby Greene’s 150th game. There was no acknowledgement on their banner because there WAS no banner. GWS wanted to acknowledge it so they asked us if we could have a shared banner, to which we agreed. Only problem was they weren’t prepared to share in the making of it nor supply any materials. Therefore, no shared banner.

Why didn’t GWS have a banner? Not enough AFL funding? 😂

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 1

48 minutes ago, binman said:

Good ins.

Jordon into the middle off a dominant display. 

Spargo best 22, provides defensive run as a high half forward and will help with our kicks inside 50. Has been managed and should be in good nick.

Woey rewarded for hard work, brings the buzz of a debutante- a father son of one of few Charlie winners ti boot.

From goody's comments, JVR has some work to do on his game (and possibly fitness?). 

He'll be back in the next couple of matches, and is best 22.

They want him cherry ripe in the finals not mid winter. Good development of a very young player to be playing as a key tall. 

Binners  i have no issues with the in's, but if our last 6 games have given us any cause for reflection its that we desperately need to start stringing together some wins when we are holding onto 4th palce by our fingernails at 36 points, and a conga line of hopefuls queueing up behind us.  Leaving Melcham (6 disposals last week from 73 i50's) in at the expense of JVR (or even Smith) doesn't make a lot of sense in the context of a guaranteed dry surface and BBB our only selected tall marking forward.

Not sure I agree that Spargo is being "managed" either. Had a very  ordinary last month although at his best I agree he is in our best 22.  Chandler dropped is long overdue. Hasnt kicked a goal since Rnd 10. Pretty sure he is not being managed either. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

Truly moronic changes by a coach and his assistants who are totally clueless and out of their depth. 

We haven't kicked a decent score for 6 weeks, so let's not play a forward line at all. 

Jordon and Spargo have both been putrid all year, but let's give them yet another game, Spargo having played 30 mins (poorly) since King's birthday a month ago. 

Melksham should have been retired 2 years ago, but 5 touches a week are enough to keep him in. Meanwhile JVR, who is part of our future, can't get a game. 

And clearly Goodwin is going to go down with the Two Rucks ship, and take the rest of the team with him. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
  • Vomit 1

38 minutes ago, JimmyGadson said:

It's okay to not understand the nuances of AFL, not everyone does. 

Just keep that 'fatigue' train chugging along. 

If we keep losing, it's mainly because of fatigue. We get it. 

That and Collingwood are overrated. Nice. 

So that's a no, you won't be attending on Saturday?

• Clap 1

I just do not understand team selection this week. So our forward line is Brown, couldn’t get near it last week, Melksham, ditto, One of Gawn or Grundy, No forward craft whatsoever, Spargo, Neal Bullen and Pickett, all of which have had little to no impact in recent outings. And we bring in Jordan, good VFL player but not quite at AFL level, and Woewodin in his first game against AFL quality midfielders. This is the worst 22 we have fielded this year. Simon, you have lost the plot, time to go.

• Like 1
  • Vomit 2

I think chandler is ready for a reset in the 2s. He’s been using a lot of energy for minimal results and lacking composure. Spargo will provide some space and options. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Roost it far said:

He’s played one game since round 2or 3, and while he seems cooked and I think he’s owed a couple of games

Conditions last week were not ideal for tall lead up forwards.  Hogan at the other end had less diaposals than Brown and didnt hit the scoreboard at all.  Ben deserves another game to see where he is at and Marvel under the roof will give the MC a better look at whether he can fit back into our forward set up

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Thank you, Brownie!

“MASTER OF PRECISION”

So apt for him.

Christ that is poor form of GWS.  Was the problem the club didn't want to splash cash? 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1