• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

PREGAME: Rd 04 vs West Coast

Demonland

Kozzie in for BBB give the big guy a rest, leave Petty and Rooy up front give Melsham a game at Casey to maintain his fitness and use Tom / Adam Tomlinson as the sub in case we lose a tall. Need to maintain the momentum.!!!

• Like 2

Confused as to people calling for Disco Turner to come into the side, given he's missed the first two rounds of the VFL.  So I think there's zero chance of that happening.

IN: McDonald, Pickett

OUT: Brown (managed), Chandler (unlucky)

I'd take Chandler over as a 24th player in case there's any late injuries/outs, but I just see him as the most likelt and like for like to give way to Kozzi.  Though if there are some issues around Hibberd's health, then I'd rest him and have Brayshaw and potentially even Jordon (spent 2019 at Casey playing half back) playing more half back.

Considered bringing Howes in, but I'd like to see him bang the door down a bit more.  So Howes and Tomlinson the other two emergencies named with Melksham and Chandler outside the main 22.

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

39 minutes ago, MadAsHell said:

Confused as to people calling for Disco Turner to come into the side, given he's missed the first two rounds of the VFL.  So I think there's zero chance of that happening.

IN: McDonald, Pickett

OUT: Brown (managed), Chandler (unlucky)

I'd take Chandler over as a 24th player in case there's any late injuries/outs, but I just see him as the most likelt and like for like to give way to Kozzi.  Though if there are some issues around Hibberd's health, then I'd rest him and have Brayshaw and potentially even Jordon (spent 2019 at Casey playing half back) playing more half back.

Considered bringing Howes in, but I'd like to see him bang the door down a bit more.  So Howes and Tomlinson the other two emergencies named with Melksham and Chandler outside the main 22.

If they drop Chandler then I will be as mad as hell. 

• Like 15
  • Haha 3

If there's only one change, then its Kozzi in for one of our Half backs.

So Gus, Rivers, Hibbo, McVee, Bowey??

maybe they can draw straws?! or Hibbo out as he's too old to travel to perth.  lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadAsHell said:

Out: Chandler (unlucky)

I'd take Chandler over as a 24th player

Shirley you can't be serious.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, hells bells said:

Chandler to Sub, Melksham out, Kossie in

Chandler kicked 3 and gave one to JJ and another to Spargs.  I don't think you get rid of that sort of scoring power.  But I recognise it's not an easy selection.  Hibbo out for me but who know.

Brown out for either Tomo or Tmac.

Edited by Slartibartfast
  • Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Chandler kicked 3 and gave one to JJ and another to Spargs.  I don't think you get rid of that sort of scoring power.  But I recognise it's not an easy selection.  Hibbo out for me but who know.

Goodwin praised him in the press conference and possibly gave him coaches votes, so no chance he'll be dropped!

Edited by dee-tox
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In just a few years we've gone from having a desperate need of every kind of forwards to having the best medium sized forward, the best small forward, multiple really effective team-oriented small/medium forwards, a key defender who is showing to be a credible swingman, and a big kid throwing himself into contests on debut. And Fritsch is the only one over 24.

Two key forwards who were absolutely crucial in a premiership team are now honestly debatable inclusions even though our big ruck captain isn't available to sit forward.

And we're the No 1 scoring team.

Whaaaaaat is goooiiing oooooon?

• Like 8
  • Love 5
  • Thinking 1

Okay. If we need to look at resting a player who is our most important player over the next 5 weeks who would that be?...............waiting.........waiting. Okay I'll give you a clue. No I'll just tell you. Grundy.

Shoey's out so we will just win the clearances anyway. BB and Grundy out. Pickett and someone else in. And stop trying to figure out which in form and hungry player to drop. Job done.

• Like 1

This is a super tough week for selection and it will we get tougher in the next few weeks, with Gawn, Salem,  Harmes, Woewodin (who I thought was close to debut on his pre season form) all fit we’ve got an incredible list. 
There’s a bit of logical inconsistency amongst those who are saying Brown for Kozzie however while also saying we should test players. The player we most need to take care of and rest is Grundy, we can’t drop him, Bailey and Allen are good rucks and we need to at least nullify them around the ground in contested marks as well as at stoppage, side note since Gawn went down against Brisbane stoppage is where we give away most goals.

If Brown is sore, sure Rest him, but you have to bring in TMac for one very important reason, a back up ruck. Whether it’s JVR, Petty or TMac we need to give Grundy more of a chop out in the weeks to come, he was immense against Sydney but he played nearly 90% ruck until the last ten minutes when we were home and took him off to bathe in cotton wool. We can’t play him 90% against West Coast, we need to rest him for big battles against Draper and Nankervis to come. Petty looked good in the ruck yesterday but if he and JVR are our only tall forwards we won’t be able to put them into the ruck enough to rest Grundy and Grundy is not a natural forward so I wouldn’t be putting him forward when the others ruck, not that that’s a rest anyway. 

Whatever we do someone who played well will come out but for me it’s:

Out to sub: JJ In: Kozzie

If sore out: BBB In: Tmac

If sore out: Hibbo In Tomlinson

Tough week though, I wouldn’t be surprised if ANB or Sparrow went out for Kozzie.

Edited by deejammin'
  • Like 3

JJ has obviously addressed some of the issues from last year and should not be considered for demotion any time soon from what I saw yesterday 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Tough week at the selection table!

Pickett in is a given and JVR will def get a gig with his home crowd. Brown stays in unless injured and, if he is, Koz for him. I wouldn't be bringing TMac in as a like-for-like. He's just not doing enough. We can run with JVR, Fritsch and Petty up forward, plus or minus Brown. If Brown is out then Kozzie replaces him, if not, Sparrow or sadly and undeservedly, Jordon (because Sparrow doesn't get dropped). Sparrow as sub works for me.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spalding said:

JJ has obviously addressed some of the issues from last year and should not be considered for demotion any time soon from what I saw yesterday 

Who does get demoted then? I saw 22 players that contributed strongly, but we can’t leave Kossie out.

• Like 3

Not fair and I thought he had a better game than the last two. but I'd swap Sparrow for Kozzie, If BBB is fit. I like Sparrow, loved his snap but he does not do what Viney does as well as the VC. Also the VC had a solid game, is running well and only had a couple of boo boos, that at the coal face were entirely justifiable, we play on and we play hard and fast, not perfect skill but perfect effort and process, he does that, some other posters need to take a bex and a lie down before criticising Viney. Anyway rant over, Sparrow's hardenss is equalled by Kozzie, and Kozzie will increase the number of clearances we wine with the speed he hits the pack in the middle. I would like to see Sparrow work on his timing when he hits a pack, he is not malingering or anything but of the mids I see him out of the contest more often than not and think some magoos could work for him.

Chandler cannot be dropped was in the votes, worked his [censored] off. Likewise Jordan was an upgrade on Harmes and I particularly liked the way he connected with team mates, fitted in as part of a unit. ANB is having a great season unsung hero from the Swans game, but every touch was a winner on the replay, and even his snaps were legitimate, didn't see a better alternative than having a ping.

Hibbo is a keeper, so smart with his touches, and he reminds me of Sean Wight, so there is a soft spot factor. Without Salem he is the guy with smarts that steadies the ship. McVee and Bowey are both a joy to watch. Football brains both of them, we are a very merit based team ATM.

Would prefer a tall as sub, either Tommo or Tom.

Edited by DEE fence
Typo
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

Who does get demoted then? I saw 22 players that contributed strongly, but we can’t leave Kossie out.

I’d rest Hibberd - to make sure he’s fresh for Stringer and Martin (possibly bring back Tommo), and leave out BBB (no risk and no flight). Go with the same forward line as yesterday after half time and have May and Hibbo for Oscar Allen and Darling, and cover Waterman with Lever.

Riv actually played the Lever role really well yesterday (I reckon he had at least 3-4 intercept marks in the Third quarter when the swans were coming) so we can actually use him in that time if they are trying to stop Jake. 

• Like 3