• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Steven May Suspended by the Club

Satan

28 minutes ago, Lefty said:

The restaurant is a newly fitted out restaurant in Greville St, Prahran. They would 100% have CCTV footage in the reception desk area where the cash register is and also outside the front door. If they do there is definitely footage of it and if the damage is as bad as they say it is ie: breaking the desk then why have we not seen the footage or a photo of the broken table?

I'm sure the media outlets are salivating at the prospect of such footage emerging and would no doubt pay for it.

Where is the footage or at the very least a photo of this damaged table?

I'm not doubting that the table was broken but they seem so upset about it (and rightly so if damage has occurred with no apology) but nevertheless I'd like to see the damage that has caused the outrage.

i have no doubt it will be released 24-48 hours before the game. We deserve it tbh, however i do hope which ever media platform that gets ahold of it considers the impact it will have on the Big Freeze and that whatever they do will detract away from such a positive/worth cause and pursuit. I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DeeZee said:

I saw them all earlier in the day at the boxing, May, Melk, Jacko , Kozzie and a few others. None of the leaders.

They probably went out for dinner afterwards and had been fired up with all that testosterone flying about 

What a beautiful example to set to your younger teammates, particularly one contemplating going home. FFS!!!!

1 hour ago, Lord Nev said:

“Melksham has floored him, according to the reports. With all the evidence around coward punches and one-punches and all the damage they can do, he’s floored him, punched him, he’s already in concussion protocols, and we know how serious that is, so he’s potentially suffered two concussions in the space of a week, and Melksham has got nothing.

“Work that out for me.”

The aspect of the Melksham/May brawl that “doesn’t quite add up”

What would be the point of suspending Melksham? He isn't getting a game anyway, and now he has to go in for surgery.

The biggest punishment for Melksham is that he will most likely never play a senior game of footy again.

• Like 1

Let’s all go down to that restaurant and see if they need a hand tidying up.

Any carpenters among us to help repair that front desk?

I just don’t want that security footage released 

1 hour ago, Wodjathefirst said:

What has become of me? I went out of my way to source the Feral Hun to read the reports about the texts and the punch up.

I wish I didn’t now.  It really is a crap paper that sensationalises stories such as these. It gets worse. I then note that there is a story saying that the AFL should apologise to Essendrug, and sympathetic stories about the frosby flopping free kick seeking twerp Ginnivan.

Loading or not loading, I hope the Dees are spurred on the beat the Ferals this weekend.

I keep saying, for those of us who can, turn up on Monday. Do it for Daniher, do it for the Dees. Right now, they need all the support they can get from us. And make some bloody noise!

Pies will drown you out sadly.

• Sad 1

Just now, Lord Nev said:

Probably to send the message that decking players out with concussion isn't something the club condones...

I don't disagree, but I also don't know what is happening behind closed doors.

Melksham could have been told that this incident is curtains on his career. 

To be honest, nobody will punish Melksham more than I am certain his wife will... 

• Like 3

It's a fork in the road moment for Melbourne this year no doubt. Whether people want to admit it these kind of incidents go either way. They can tear through a football club or they can sharpen everything up and give you the biggest reality check. I’m confident this team will go the latter and get back on track. I think if there is a good time for it to happen this is probably as close to it as you can get.

It’s also a good chance for the media and opposition fans to learn as well rather than making fun and sticking it. It shows that no matter how good a team is, nothing is perfect and the most growth can come from moments like this.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

Let’s all go down to that restaurant and see if they need a hand tidying up.

Any carpenters among us to help repair that front desk?

I just don’t want that security footage released 

Are we still in possession of Schwabby's $80k desk?

If so, that should cover things

• Haha 7

Its embarrassing, and the club has done nothing to make me feel like this for a while, in fact, the opposite really, i have beamed with pride for a couple of years now being a Melbourne supporter. As far as Public relations and this week go, its been a disaster. It really has. And there is only one thing that will keep teh wolves at bay and its to win.

Petracca to come out and have 3 goal plus 30 game - Stop Fumbling.

Brown to stand up, kick goals ( make the distance at least) 

Lever to tighten up, stop panicking, and play with some conviction.

Tomlinson to be calm, measured, and strong. Assume teh Maty role. Lead.

Gawn, Viney, Clarry - sgo hard again, they have been great all year basically.. go harder this week.

Kozzie, get involved - kick goals, light up the G.

Luke Jackson - stop the silly handballs over your shoulder.. get the ball and go forward.

These guys can do it. 

Go to the bye with a win.. have a week out of the spotlight, go have a fire and a few home truths at Staffords and start the campaign for Back To Back post bye.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

May is reported to have said to Melksham: "If you played in the GF, we would have lost".

In the "Momentum" video (a beauty - I'm sure all DLanders have seen it...) Gawn talks about a meeting before the 2021 season where Aaron vandenBerg said to the group "we have to stop slagging off at each other" . Someone would say "Jake Lever had 11 intercept marks", but then someone else would make a smart comment like "well, he doesn't play on anyone"... Not true, and also brings Lever down.

So they decided to stop doing that, respect each other, cut out the [censored] banter. And won a flag.

And May has brought that back.  "It's just a bit of banter"...

THAT's a serious problem.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, frankie_d said:

May is reported to have said to Melksham: "If you played in the GF, we would have lost".

In the "Momentum" video (a beauty - I'm sure all DLanders have seen it...) Gawn talks about a meeting before the 2021 season where Aaron vandenBerg said to the group "we have to stop slagging off at each other" . Someone would say "Jake Lever had 11 intercept marks", but then someone else would make a smart comment like "well, he doesn't play on anyone"... Not true, and also brings Lever down.

So they decided to stop doing that, respect each other, cut out the [censored] banter. And won a flag.

Bring back Vanders for another session at Stafford’s farm? 

Could the AFL step in with their own sanctions with regards the unruly behavior?

Of course, we still don't know all the details and the latest is that May didn't make the jibe about the GF & Jake

YpUuiqYR_x96.jpg

- Rumour of Grand Final banter is completely false. - Says club didn't mislead fans/media re Melksham surgery, waited to release details until scans came back. - Disappointed with 5 other team mates who were there and didn't pull up May drinking.

59 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

pfft, real mfc / mcc members don't ski LOCAL

it's aspen in january then japan in february or don't bother!

Ski is a slight exaggeration, most dont actually leave the chalet.... (are you there Uncle Jack)

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, frankie_d said:

No, it’s a slip up. The key is to own it and strive to be better.

Edited by Mach5
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nelo said:

So disappointed in May. He has form, can't control the drink and hasn't learnt from his lessons. I would be on board for Melbourne making a big statement and delisting him. 

Hahahaha 17 other clubs would LOVE for us to delist the best FB in the game. Let’s give our flag back while we are at it. 

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Ungarieboy said:

So if Melks can be so easily triggered by such a comment, then watch what opposition players are going to serve up (relentlessly) on the field! 

My kids serve up worse to their siblings but don't go around decking each other in response.

The extent of the GF thrashing, makes the seriousness of the comment even more laughable, further demonstrating the reaction was way over the top.

May though should be punished for drinking with concussion as it definitely could inhibit his recovery (short term and possibly long term).

IF Melksham ever plays again any "tough guy" opponents will call him on missing the GF and how it has effected him.  Clearly has serious anger management issues and a tendency to violence.

3 hours ago, DeeZee said:

I saw them all earlier in the day at the boxing, May, Melk, Jacko , Kozzie and a few others. None of the leaders.

They probably went out for dinner afterwards and had been fired up with all that testosterone flying about 

Maybe I am a wowser, but every time there is a big fight on violence seems to surge.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nelo said:

So disappointed in May. He has form, can't control the drink and hasn't learnt from his lessons. I would be on board for Melbourne making a big statement and delisting him. 

Nelo the tanking phase is over:-  we actually want to win these days.

• Like 2

Surely this has been said somewhere in this thread but in case it hasn't.

No we don't have a premiership hangover,we take nothing for granted but our " best" cog in the machine doesn't follow protocols  the players get topsy( at best) and they reference winning the flag in arguments. 

Taking nothing for granted? They win by playing 2 quarters a game and playing like millionaires  expecting others to finish the job for them.

It sounds like they believe the hyperbole commentators and Land spin out week after week to me.

Full of themselves ( at least some of them)more likely. 

This is a problem 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Thinking 1