Bevo unleashes on Tom Morris

dazzledavey36

8 hours ago, DeeZee said:

I’m sorry , but the bulldogs are a club of absolute sooks.

Whinging over a bloody song, and then calling Morris a gutter journo for reporting an out???

Love beating this mob.

This. Definitely scarred from Grand Final loss, Will be lucky to make top 4

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, binman said:

It is impossible to imagine the loss didn't play a role.

As a competitive beast, he would have been stung by the almighty hammering his team received in the grand final.

And stung by the questions about his tactical response to the 3rd quarter onslaught.

They have all preseason to prepare for a rematch against the team he must think is their key rival for the flag this year. One assumes he thinks they are real contenders.

We have all but three of our premiership back 7 out, including Lever, and lose Salem in the first quarter.

His players come out and are once again shell shocked and absolutely hopeless (they were lucky we didn't kick 10 goals).

He can hear the press wondering if Bevo has lost his ability to get his team ready for big games.

They go crazy and get out to a 4 goal lead. And like a bad dream the gf repeats itself and we hammer them, putting the whip away in the last to cruise to another easy victory against them.

And to top it off we hadn't bothered tagging Macrae, as we did to such great effect in the GF (compare the stats).

Sure he'll keep the front going that they are a realistic flag chance (and of course they are some sort of chance). But he knows we are the real deal and absolutely have their measure. 

And goody has his measure.

All that roiling away and he had to front a presser. And sees Morris. Can barely contain himself. 

And it all explodes when Morris asks his question. About selection of all things. 

Classic projection.

He seemed off even from the start complaining about the footy blocking the Bulldogs sponsors. Umm dude there's a massive backdrop with all your sponsors on there the footy isn't blocking them at all. Bet their glad he made sure they'll be seen during the re-runs of that clip all week 🤣

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, DeeSpencer said:

Bevo’s certainly blown this up himself when they should’ve just copped that his team was named 1 day early. But I can see the link between creating  news stories to fill a void, the scrutiny that brings and player welfare.

The beating a dead horse Goodwin stories was filling the void. Reporting on Lachie Hunter, a usual automatic inclusion in the team, being dropped for Round 1 just prior to Round 1 is not filling the void and is a legitimate story.

Sure with Goodwin there was a story but it was dealt with a full season before it came out, we won a premiership anyway yet the media kept hounding away with headlines like Besieged Coach and Under Fire Coach when there was no fire anymore.

• Like 10

8 hours ago, DeeZee said:

I’m sorry , but the bulldogs are a club of absolute sooks.

Whinging over a bloody song, and then calling Morris a gutter journo for reporting an out???

Love beating this mob.

I agree. They are precious, the Bulldogs. They have a chip on the shoulder over their frequent loser status and unlike us, no golden era for consolation.

They also know, deep down, that they were extraordinarily lucky to win in 2016 when everything, especially the first ever end of season bye and key injuries to their opposition in the prelim, eased their way to the flag.

But it's the way they ride on umpiring interpretations that has given them a sense of entitlement. They have been the most positively umpired club ever since Beveridge arrived that they now think they deserve an armchair ride.

And they stole our bloody sponsor so I hope we continue to make a meal of them.

• Like 5

All AFL coaches (even juniors) have to complete a mental health component as part of their registration.  This includes player welfare (harrassment) and privacy.

Anyone working in any form of education, welfare and community work also knows it is impediment that a persons mental health condition is strictly confidential (unless covered by mandatory reporting obligations i.e indicating they will do self harm or a serious crime).

His treatment of hunter with the very public, selection mindgames; is pushing the boundaries of grey regarding player welfare (mental health) and his inference that Hunter is suffering mental health, even if he is not, is plain out the wrong thing to do.  That is a suspendable offence.  It needs to be taken seriously, as it sets a very bad precedent (at all levels of coaching).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Caligula's cohort said:

Good on Bevo, he's calling it how he sees it. Tom Morris is absolutely a gutter journalist and puts his nose where it doesn't belong more often than not. He has absolutely no respect for any club as long as he's the first reporter to break the news and quite regularly makes up his own stories to suite his narrative. There's a right way to go about being a journalist in the AFL and he needs to respect that. 

I'm sure we'd all be quite upset if there was a journo delving into matters with some of our footy players that were none of his business in the first place, which result in mental health issues for staff and players. 

Evidence?

Nor should he 'HAVE ANY RESPECT FOR ANY CLUB" if you mean by that he should treat them all equally.

I'm not a fan. I think he's a goose, but I haven't seen that he's done anything that is the wrong way about being a journalist in the AFL. What's the right way? Only writing "nice" stories?

PS: Having been alerted to the Jesse Hogan tweet I'll put a question mark on my own statement about right/way/wrong/way. If he used a separate internal and privileged role at any club to warehouse material to promote his journalism then he is a grub.

Edited by pitmaster

9 hours ago, The heart beats true said:

His attitude reminds me of Terry Wallace’s Bulldogs of the late 90’s. It’s always ‘backs against the wall. Everyone hates us’. You can’t keep that up forever, as it’s mentally exhausting.

He got upset at Damien Barrett last year too. It’s like he needs to feel the world is out to get him. It’s an old, outdated world view that’s really bad for your mental health. 

Little man syndrome. The Dogs have always had it. "Woe is me, we're from the West and we have it tough, we are fighting against the big end of town." It pops up every 10 years down there.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, pitmaster said:

I agree. They are precious, the Bulldogs. They have a chip on the shoulder over their frequent loser status and unlike us, no golden era for consolation.

They also know, deep down, that they were extraordinarily lucky to win in 2016 when everything, especially the first ever end of season bye and key injuries to their opposition in the prelim, eased their way to the flag.

But it's the way they ride on umpiring interpretations that has given them a sense of entitlement. They have been the most positively umpired club ever since Beveridge arrived that they now think they deserve an armchair ride.

And they stole our bloody sponsor so I hope we continue to make a meal of them.

Ah yes , Mission foods, made sure I've never bought any of their goods ever since.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's a pretty awful look from an AFL coach, the Dogs clearly have a leak, can't be carrying on like that over a Journo doing his job, the remote suggestion that the leak cost them the game is an embarrassing joke.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, BigFez said:

I saw that.  Couldn't believe what I was seeing.  It'll be huge news tomorrow.

Whether he likes Morris or not it was not the time to lambaste him on Nat TV. In any case Morris and FOX came out in front after Beveridge's outburst in my opinion.  Media's role is to investigate and report and for ever and a day Journos receive tips like that. Just look at the Hairoil Melbourne Sun's antics about Goody a few months ago... It's the Media's job for heavens sake... Get over it Beveridge you sour loser. 

• Like 1

Beveridge.  Embarrassing.  Disappointing. Needs anger management.  
He bullied and belittled, then reckons he’s worried about mental health. 
Needs a big fine and an apology to Tom Morris. 

He even was cranky about the Sherrin and the McDonald’s sponsorship.  They pay into the AFL and his club gets financing assistance from the AFL.

WHAT A JERK. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Jontee said:

Bevo doesnt look good does he.  I assume there is an anti Bevo faction at the kennels and it all became too much.

Takes the spotlight off the Dees which I like.

Double the free kicks, 5 of the Dees premiership backline out, all the motivation in the world from the grand final, and they played a good 20 minutes, other than that i'd say Melbourne were very dominant. 

I find it hard to walk away from the game thinking the dogs are a serious premiership threat, but also wondering how much mental damage that grand final result has done. they came out after half time almost resigned to the fact the Dees were going to run over them

• Like 2

To site Che guevara as an inspiration as an adult human being is a bit embarrassing surely. It’s a 16 year olds version of a hero. You quickly learn more about him and realise he was a psychotic monster and move on with your life dont you. Says plenty about his mental capacity. Between last night and his moustache he is looking desperate. The bulldogs have really shot yo the ladder of unlikeables in the last year or two.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Well he has taken the focus off their poor performance.  that is only possible reason for doing this but he went WAY too far.

to bully a young reporter that like in front of millions is disgraceful.  he should be suspended from the next game. watch from the stands Bevo

9 hours ago, Bonkers said:

Bevo has lost the plot and looks mentally unstable. If I were a Dogs supporter I’d be concerned someone that loose is senior coach. If he can act like that live on National TV imagine what he’d act like when he gets unhinged behind closed doors.

The media conference rivals the Kevin Keegan presser when he blew up before Newcastle United capitulated in the league in 96. Bevo’s is probably worse.

Speaking of Newcastle and outbursts against Journos, reminded me of when Joe Kinnear (then interim manager) had a go at a Simon Bird (a journalist) and opens his press conference with...

JK: Which one of you Simon Bird?
SB: Me?
JK: You're a c***    (rhymes with punt)

He then proceeds to have a go at another Journo and just swears at everyone;  full transcript below 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2008/oct/03/newcastleunited.premierleague

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, loges said:

This. Definitely scarred from Grand Final loss, Will be lucky to make top 4

Bevo has never finished top 4 and with their defence I agree they won't make it again this year

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

He seemed off even from the start complaining about the footy blocking the Bulldogs sponsors. Umm dude there's a massive backdrop with all your sponsors on there the footy isn't blocking them at all. Bet their glad he made sure they'll be seen during the re-runs of that clip all week 🤣

Spot on. A very bad look given Macca's helps pay the bills and pays for that ball to be on the  desk, and Bevo's sponsors are all on the backdrop. Bevo should know that.

Personally, I think Bevo saw his team kick 8 straight - and STILL lose. WTF he's thinking and the club hierarchy could well be asking Luke for an explanation - I know I would be.

What next  could be a sliding doors moment for the dog's season.  I see it being up to Bont now , as a class act, to drag his club forward.  If Bevo doesn't apologise today, he must be seriously questioned on his decision making.

23 minutes ago, von said:

To site Che guevara as an inspiration as an adult human being is a bit embarrassing surely. It’s a 16 year olds version of a hero. You quickly learn more about him and realise he was a psychotic monster and move on with your life dont you. Says plenty about his mental capacity. Between last night and his moustache he is looking desperate. The bulldogs have really shot yo the ladder of unlikeables in the last year or two.

If Bevo was as well-read as the commentary says (which I don't buy) he should know the truism......

"...never pick a fight with someone who buys ink by the barrel..." (attributed to many, including Mark Twain), and in this case news Corp.

But well done to the likes of Whately for calling out this bullying of a journo.

• Like 1

Love beating the Dogs. They're my most hated team with the weight of unfair free-kicks they get and the way they carry on as a club and supporter base. Bevo's outburst sums them up; embarrassing irrational losers. 

Great win last night by the Dees. Bevo and the Dogs are on the ropes :D 

• Like 2

Talk about a complete dummy spit over practically nothing 

Hate to think how this bloke is going to deal with the remainder of the season if it really starts unravelling

Wish someone had of followed up asking why these flogs keep getting an armchair run from the umpires each and every week 

• Love 1