• Podcast: Jason Taylor   

• Podcast: Jason Taylor   

Farewell Oscar McDonald

36 minutes ago, deejammin' said:

I forgot about KK, I’d say he’s definitely going. I think Jones staying on as a playing coach one more year is a good idea and I think Jetta is contracted so unless he chooses to retire he goes around again and I’d back him in if he gets back to his best form, his game against St Kilda was pretty good. 
The thing about kicking people off the list is having quality to replace them with, Jones and Jetta stay for mine as even if we get three second rounders for OMac, Preuss and ANB (not going to happen) we would already be using four second rounders (and if we had this we’d definitely exchange two/three second rounders for a first round pick leaving more list spots), pick 43 and 62. Then as you say Chandler, Nietzsche and to a lesser extent in my opinion Hore and Bedford can also be delisted if we need more space. Jetta and Jones are more valuable to us than picks 63 and 83 this year and then when they retire in 2021 we’ll have higher picks to bring in as we’ll be back in the first round. 
I think we’ll be looking to consolidate our picks into 4 second/third round picks using Preuss, ANB and OMac as trades and then if we’re lucky we’ll land a Saad, Smith, Cameron and still be comfortably within our list size without having to turn out too many players. 
I think Jones, Jetta, Hore and Bedford all have more upside than speculative picks at this stage and we need leadership and professionalism for our still relatively young list.
It’s also dangerous to turn too many players over in one year with list sizes reducing again next year.

Jones has to be delisted he is finished. The only reason Jetta stays is because he has a year to run on his contract. We won't get 2nd rounders for Preuss, ANB or Oscar 3rd rounder for Preuss and ANB 4th rounder that we probably won't use for Oscar.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oscar is an unassuming bloke, who probably underrates his football worth. He has his flaws (don't we all!), but he gave it everything and should be respected as a man and as a footballer who made it t

A sad announcement. I have been following the dees passionately for forty odd years (defined by regular attendance at games) and in all sincerity Omac is one of my all time favorite MFC players.

Must remember not to ask you to speak at a funeral.

Posted Images

Simply we need him incase either of our 2 main backs go down.  The only way we could trade him would be a 3 way deal where we pick up another key defender.

Same with brother Tom.  We can't have him and Ben Brown as both are one trick and can do nothing when the ball hits the ground.  That's why Jackson is so important.

Sometimes you need to remember that players are people with families. 
Oscar has copped some serious abuse from supporters and honestly if he wants out, so be it. He is far from the worst player to ever make a career for themselves in the AFL. 

E3C99517-3DE8-4955-A384-92CBA741F581.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Oscar has copped some serious abuse from supporters and honestly if he wants out, so be it. He is far from the worst player to ever make a career for themselves in the AFL. 

Yeah it stinks, but then social media as a whole absolutely stinks.  Gives muppets the opportunity to bleat their thoughts without any real fear of reprisal.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, McQueen said:

No AFL traits since day 1 but managed a rising star nomination and has 81 games from 6 seasons so far. 
I don’t think he’s much chop either but geez you talk some [censored]. 

did you really just mention a rising star nomination?? LOL. This is probably the biggest reach I've ever heard on demonland. I cant even be bothered to list the plethora of duds given nominations each year.

2 hours ago, Dr.D said:

did you really just mention a rising star nomination?? LOL. This is probably the biggest reach I've ever heard on demonland. I cant even be bothered to list the plethora of duds given nominations each year.

I’ve already alerted you to the fact you talk a lot of [censored]. 
You really don’t have to continue trying to prove it. 
Let it be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, McQueen said:

I’ve already alerted you to the fact you talk a lot of [censored]. 
You really don’t have to continue trying to prove it. 
Let it be. 

well the list would be a lot better off if I was in charge. Watts would've been cut after 3 seasons, Oscar McDonald after 2, i would've hit the draft and got King over May. I would've made a strong decision and cut Jones this season and not gift a guy games to get him to 300. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, Dr.D said:

well the list would be a lot better off if I was in charge. Watts would've been cut after 3 seasons, Oscar McDonald after 2, i would've hit the draft and got King over May. I would've made a strong decision and cut Jones this season and not gift a guy games to get him to 300. 

No certainty our Club would have been any more successful with the moves you say you would have made!

We May well win a flag before Saints with Maysie at FB. !!

3 hours ago, Jaded said:

Agree Tom All players try their best and it's disrespectful and blatantly rude.

Hope you can get a good preseason in and have a great 2021.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Jaded said:

100% people need to remember these people are humans doing their chosen profession, Oscar has put on the Red and Blue and ultimate has played in two winning finals (doing a decent job). 

I think moving him on is the right call for both club and player, he’s behind the obvious choices and now seems to have moved even further down. 

He can have an opportunity at another club and the Dees fans can move onto a new whipping boy. 

Good luck to him. 

• Like 4

It’s fair for fans to criticise players for apparent poor performances but if you are a true supporter of this footy club, you don’t resort to name calling from behind a keyboard.  It’s understandable that some comments are made in game threads out of sheer frustration and emotion but our season is finished now. Post season offensive snipes are unwarranted and gutless.

Oscar has pulled on our jumper 81 times, tried his best and deserves some respect for that. 

Some of you need to give yourselves an uppercut. Or get your mum’s to do it.

• Like 9
On 10/2/2020 at 10:15 AM, Moonshadow said:

I know I'll get howled down for this, but with the right coaching and development I think OMac will become a handy backman. Only 24yo, would do much better at Rich or WCE. Rich turned Grimes into an AA. Not comparing the two, just illustrating that development is king

OMac will not get any better as a footballer. He peaked in his second year for two games, and has achieved very little since. 

4 minutes ago, ProperDee said:

It’s fair for fans to criticise players for apparent poor performances but if you are a true supporter of this footy club, you don’t resort to name calling from behind a keyboard.  It’s understandable that some comments are made in game threads out of sheer frustration and emotion but our season is finished now. Post season offensive snipes are unwarranted and gutless.

Oscar has pulled on our jumper 81 times, tried his best and deserves some respect for that. 

Some of you need to give yourselves an uppercut. Or get your mum’s to do it.

Very noble, however the penny had to drop sometime as we don't get to speak to the FD to verbally express our disappointments - or get the vote at some ballot for a definitive / justified improvement on selection (in SO MANY GAMES that were wasted).

14 hours ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Pick 62 and Omcd and Tmcd to Kangas 😀😀for Brown 🙏🏼

Brown can be developed, particularly in the muscle, running and mongrel departments. More than handy if these elements were achieved. A mongrel does not stage for free kicks, either. 

On 10/2/2020 at 1:24 PM, Rab D Nesbitt said:

Hawthorn could pick him up to form an impenetrable backline trinity with Chipper and Frosty. 

Touch of irony, there. I'd reckon if it happened, Frosty would be overloaded once again covering for the other two.

10 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Very noble, however the penny had to drop sometime as we don't get to speak to the FD to verbally express our disappointments - or get the vote at some ballot for a definitive / justified improvement on selection (in SO MANY GAMES that were wasted).

Calling players “spuds” and “duds”  is noble too eh? Yeah, that really makes FD’s sit up and take notice.

• Like 4
On 10/2/2020 at 3:49 PM, Go the Biff said:

His bad games have usually come when the team defence as a whole collapses

The collapses were, IMO, a result of Jetta, May, Lever, Salem and Frosty having to cover for the anointed one whilst manning their own opponents, zones and interactive plays - the workload became too much across a whole game. Opposition sides knew the corridor for success and their forward line opportunities well -  and, where to send the ball and runners in what represented forward line free territory. This led to our defence coverage being extended in a KPD zone, releasing an oppo forward closer to goal in establishing a more deadly, shorter, almost guaranteed corridor for a goal or two or three per game. 

I reckon Oscar would do really well at a club like the Swans where there is a strong system, belief in the game plan and belief in the team.  Give him a clear role and he will do it very well; no star but can be an excellent soldier.

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, ProperDee said:

Calling players “spuds” and “duds”  is noble too eh? Yeah, that really makes FD’s sit up and take notice.

Those words were not used once in my posts. What were used  to relay opinions and thoughts represented other language that described my observations and disappointments in so many games. However, I eat 'spuds', wear 'duds' and as for nobility, I uphold the tenets of the law and social integration. 

32 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

Touch of irony, there. I'd reckon if it happened, Frosty would be overloaded once again covering for the other two.

Hi '56. If Oscar is to leave I can see the Hawks being one of the clubs interested considering their overall success in bringing in players to play very specific roles down back. Particularly as he's still only 24 years old. As he's big on his golf it'll just be a short drive from training to Riversdale where I think he's a member. 

10 hours ago, Dr.D said:

You have a few tickets on yourself, sorry but they won't get you anywhere.

• Haha 1

• Whispering_Jack changed the title to Oscar McDonald Not Expected to be Traded