• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

CHANGES: Rd 15 vs Sydney

Demonland

Our defence was so organised tonight and repelled a lot of Saints inside 50s so I wouldn't expect many changes there, except for Hibberd if his ankle doesn't recover. Apparently he came back on the ground late but not 100% sure about that (in the post-game interview, Maxy mentioned it but I might have missed it).

I'd also give Hannan another go up forward. He missed some targets tonight but his marking and running on the wings is really handy and he provides a pretty good target for our half-backs. He looked dangerous when he got the ball and if he can think through his kicks a bit more he's got the potential to be a very damaging player.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

19 minutes ago, sisso said:

Any thought that we should give Max another rest and let Preuss ruck a full game? Sydney aren’t that strong in the ruck and we have to back up soon again...

Only if he is actually sore, It doesnt matter who we have in the ruck its what they do around the ground (Max does a lot).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wheaters31 said:

I want Oscar McDonald out and never picked again. Sydney aren't tall, and I thought he was terrible. 

His turnover kick, inboard from half-back/wing with no pressure on him + my subsequent reaction, abruptly ended the life of my Sony Bravia television.

Then I hope you have the same disdain for Jones. He was far worse than Oscar. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, david_neitz_is_my_dad said:

Melksham free pass?

I’ve given up on Melksham ever getting dropped. He can not touch the football for 7 games in a row and still retain his spot. Essendon mates from way back. 

• Like 3

We can set ourselves up for the finals over the coming week or so with two match ups in the heat at Cazaly’s Stadium against two teams for who the season’s effectively over. I’m not getting complacent here and I do hope that we get our selection right given that we have a difficult set coming up with a 5 day, then 4 day break and given that the two teams immediately above us on the ladder have byes coming up, we could leapfrog them both. 

We have some good depth available to come into the side for these games and have the opportunity to rotate a few players around to rest and manage our players over this period. I think it’s going to be a fascinating few weeks ahead for us but I have no idea as to what changes we’re going to make for the Swans’ game.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, titan_uranus said:

Can you imagine if we recalled ANB and C Wagner, whilst retaining J Wagner and playing Brown?

I thought Wagner and Brown were good.

• Like 4

Prepare yourselves for the return of Nibbler.

Out - VDB, Hannan

In - ANB, Fritsch

Id also look at replacing the likes of Jones, Pickett and OMac with Harmes or Bennell, Hunt and Smith.

Edit: forgot Lockhart, also a chance to replace OMac if Swans are small.

Edited by Forest Demon

I’m worried Wagner will get ahead of himself. Too many times he plays ok in the first game to get a second but then absolutely stink it up. 
I think others need to be changed before him but I just have this feeling. 

• Like 1

@binman is going to hate me for this, but looking at Sydney's foreard line today they only have the two talls in Reid and McCartin. The rest are all small and medium forwards. I think Oscar misses this one because there is simply not a match up for him.

With Hibberd going to miss i would also look at bringing in Lockhart and potentially Cagner or Nibber for Pickett who needs a rest.

• Like 3

I'm not going to let the marrow win paper over the cracks of some horrible skills and match selection mistakes.

Out: Oscar McDonald (He is so beneath the level of afl it's staggering he is on the list. His inclusion is s big reason that I don't believe Goodwin can coach).

Pickett: agree with most people here. Needs to find the footy more and not go to ground so easily. Needs to slow down in the mind when he has the ball.

Hannan: needs to hit the scoreboard.

In: Fritsch,  J.Smith. ANB

• Like 2

IN: Fritsch,  Lockhart, Baker,  ANB, Hunt, Harmes
OUT: Melksham, Hibberd (injured), Oscar, Pickett (rested), Hannan, Jones

FB: J. Wagner  May  Lever
HB: Rivers Tomlinson  Salem
C;  Vanders  Brayshaw  Langdon
HF: Petracca  Brown  ANB
FF: Fritsch  Weideman Spargo
Foll: Gawn Oliver Viney
Int: Lockhart, Baker, Harmes, Hunt 

I personally had been liking Tomlinson in defence ahead of Oscar. I’d be dropping Oscar, moving Tommo back, and looking at someone else to take the wing role. Possible Baker who Egan singled out in his post match interview for the practice match for his consistency. 

I thought AvB was poor again tonight, he just isn’t providing any impact. I wouldn’t say no to him coming out for Harmes. 

With a short break would it be better to give Hibberd a bit of time to get his ankle right and maybe bring in Nev given the smaller forward line? Lockhart surely must be in the frame as well. 

Finally who comes out for Fritta? First thought is Hannan, did very little but did some good things at the end. 

It’s a win so ideally you don’t want many more than 3-4 changes. 

Does Jones survive the chop? That turnover at the end of the second quarter turned the game on its head. 

1 minute ago, Mister Ed said:

Time to bring Harley Bennell in for another appearance in the next set of two games.

How has Harley been going in the praccy matches?
Needs to show more defensive intensity for mine before I’d bring him back...