• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Training Ground?

Romey

12 minutes ago, Roost it far said:

I don't understand why the club is not pushing hard for state of the art facilities in the Southern stand redevelopment and use of Gosch's and also Casey. Wouldn't that be the cheapest option and get us a home?

Perhaps they are, but are silenced by a non disclosure agreement.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Neil Crompton said:

Perhaps they are, but are silenced by a non disclosure agreement.

Could they at least disclose that a non disclosure agreement is preventing them from disclosing anything? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Melbourne has expressed interest in building its new training base at Caulfield Racecourse as part of its long-held plan to bring the club under one roof.

News Corp can reveal the Demons have held talks about shifting their headquarters — including a training oval and gym facilities — to the racecourse as part of plans to redevelop the site.

But the move remains a longshot as it would require significant state government funding to create a community and elite sporting hub tipped to cost hundreds of millions of dollars.

Discussions have centred on training ovals being constructed in the middle of the racecourse and linked by an underground tunnel to buildings outside the track.

The site would be an ideal solution for the Demons as Caulfield Racecourse is only 12km and roughly a 20-minute drive from the MCG.

Importantly there is a significant amount of public land available to develop in conjunction with the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust in the heart of the eastern suburbs.

But the Demons also remain engaged in talks with the AFL and the Melbourne Olympic Parks Trust about redeveloping the area adjoining AAMI Park.

Car Parks E and F could be used to build a multi-story complex which would give the Demons more room for their own facilities which they currently share with Melbourne Storm and Melbourne Victory.

The Demons have labelled their training facilities the worst in the AFL amid a string of setbacks surrounding plans to build a new inner-city home.

It has been a frustration for the club which is currently split between the MCG (administration), AAMI Park (football department), Gosch’s Paddock and Casey Fields.

The training base headache will be one of the top items on the agenda at the club’s annual general meeting on Monday, February 20 when president Kate Roffey and chief executive Gary Pert update members.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

52 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Melbourne has expressed interest in building its new training base at Caulfield Racecourse as part of its long-held plan to bring the club under one roof.

News Corp can reveal the Demons have held talks about shifting their headquarters — including a training oval and gym facilities — to the racecourse as part of plans to redevelop the site.

But the move remains a longshot as it would require significant state government funding to create a community and elite sporting hub tipped to cost hundreds of millions of dollars.

Discussions have centred on training ovals being constructed in the middle of the racecourse and linked by an underground tunnel to buildings outside the track.

The site would be an ideal solution for the Demons as Caulfield Racecourse is only 12km and roughly a 20-minute drive from the MCG.

Importantly there is a significant amount of public land available to develop in conjunction with the Caulfield Racecourse Reserve Trust in the heart of the eastern suburbs.

But the Demons also remain engaged in talks with the AFL and the Melbourne Olympic Parks Trust about redeveloping the area adjoining AAMI Park.

Car Parks E and F could be used to build a multi-story complex which would give the Demons more room for their own facilities which they currently share with Melbourne Storm and Melbourne Victory.

The Demons have labelled their training facilities the worst in the AFL amid a string of setbacks surrounding plans to build a new inner-city home.

It has been a frustration for the club which is currently split between the MCG (administration), AAMI Park (football department), Gosch’s Paddock and Casey Fields.

The training base headache will be one of the top items on the agenda at the club’s annual general meeting on Monday, February 20 when president Kate Roffey and chief executive Gary Pert update members.

Cripes Caulfield Racecourse??? HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO GET IN THERE FOR TRAINING REPORTS?? I might have to become Bear Grylls, learn how to cross treacherous water ways, navigate like an Olympic Orienteerer, Learn how to jump out of a plane, and negotiating loads of Horse Sheeit. NUP

A few other suggestions

Redevelop Murphy oval in Pt Melbourne or Fitzroys old pad or look at the land adjacent Flagstaff station

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Cripes Caulfield Racecourse??? HOW THE HELL AM I GOING TO GET IN THERE FOR TRAINING REPORTS?? I might have to become Bear Grylls, learn how to cross treacherous water ways, navigate like an Olympic Orienteerer, Learn how to jump out of a plane, and negotiating loads of Horse Sheeit. NUP

Catch the train. Cranbourne, Pakenham and Dandenong lines pass through Caulfield.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, BDA said:

Catch the train. Cranbourne, Pakenham and Dandenong lines pass through Caulfield.

I'm not talking about the Commute!!!! I'm talking about getting into the venue, Its like a Maze!!

40 minutes ago, picket fence said:

A few other suggestions

Redevelop Murphy oval in Pt Melbourne or Fitzroys old pad or look at the land adjacent Flagstaff station

I think I can help with your problem. I’m pretty sure I won’t have any problems talking my way into a racecourse.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

I had heard rumours of this.

The big question is whether it would be large enough to host AFLW games. Probably on non race days (or nights).

That would be a game changer if it did. You could have the bare minimum in terms of fan facilities around the oval supplemented by the grandstand infrastructure. 

Otherwise if it's purely a training facility it still ticks the boxes as it's in the heartland and is a blank canvas for an oval or two and club facilities. 

That said, pretty sure the Swans tried to line up Randwick before getting their new facilities next to the SCG. So we could just be working on the same game plan.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, picket fence said:

I'm not talking about the Commute!!!! I'm talking about getting into the venue, Its like a Maze!!

Before the redevelopment works - straight in the gate off Kambrook road, underneath the track and park by the BBQ's. Plenty of dog walking space and even some fishing in the lake. Never seen a snake either. All that's likely changed now because it's one big earth moving site last time I saw it. And the next time I'll go there's probably going to be a couple of footy ovals arranged in the middle of the place, whether we are training on them or not!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeeSpencer said:

I had heard rumours of this.

The big question is whether it would be large enough to host AFLW games. Probably on non race days (or nights).

That would be a game changer if it did. You could have the bare minimum in terms of fan facilities around the oval supplemented by the grandstand infrastructure. 

Otherwise if it's purely a training facility it still ticks the boxes as it's in the heartland and is a blank canvas for an oval or two and club facilities. 

That said, pretty sure the Swans tried to line up Randwick before getting their new facilities next to the SCG. So we could just be working on the same game plan.

You can’t have a high grandstand, if it’s in the way of seeing the back of the track.

Caulfield racecourse has massive amounts of area inside the track and outside the track in the old stabling areas.

You could have a low rise grandstand that goes around one side of an oval, with facilities underneath for example, that would not hinder viewing of the track from the racecourse grandstands and/or plenty of room to build in the outside of the track, in the old stables areas.

Get it done Dees.

• Like 4

I like it

A lot.

Was there today for the first day of the new monthly craft markets in be middle of the track (wife has an earring business side hustle and goes to various markets).

It's a cracker venue. Easy to access. Heaps of room. Heaps of current facilities for social functions - that are really underutilised. Not in the MCG precinct but close enough to it for the average SE suburb Demon supporter

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Demonland said:

Pie in the sky stuff if true & bloody frustrating that our club which is the oldest  and bears the name of the city continues to be treated in such a way from the state gvt with no solution yet they are funding 140 mill for Geelongs stadium .. it’s a disgrace 

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1

13 minutes ago, Gawndy the Great said:

Reeks of desperation. Build a multi-storey building admin with gym facilities at AAMI car Park E/F  or do something at Melbourne Park. 

Would have been done if this was the case, there’s a definite issue with both local & state gvt, club needs to clarify what the issues are. Unfortunately previous administrators signed this deal with Casey years ago & whilst it’s yielded premierships across all of the teams it’s not realistic to expect players etc to drive and 1 hr to train. Will keep on saying has the club looked at the Port Melb ground ripe for development in area which will see a huge population growth over the next decade. 

Edited by Demonsone
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Redleg said:

You can’t have a high grandstand, if it’s in the way of seeing the back of the track.

Caulfield racecourse has massive amounts of area inside the track and outside the track in the old stabling areas.

You could have a low rise grandstand that goes around one side of an oval, with facilities underneath for example, that would not hinder viewing of the track from the racecourse grandstands and/or plenty of room to build in the outside of the track, in the old stables areas.

Get it done Dees.

Yep when I said grandstand I meant the racecourse ones. They could host your corporate and dining facilities. Definitely agree that you could sink the oval down a little and run maybe a one story low rise stand along a wing with some seats and weather protection. Some similarities to the Lions new venue.

The development area after removing all the trainers is huge. I think they'd appreciate a pool, gym, medical rooms, business shared spaces etc if they could be shared with the community. They could link in with Glen Eira College to help present the case to the government.