Are we scarcely relevant?

rolling fog

Caro had Bartlett and the MFC of 2019 squarely in her sights tonight:

They did an extra minute or so analysis on Saturday night's game amongst other things that we have all heard before which aren't included here...I'll try to dig that up.

NB: It's now a well accepted fact that Caro does not frequent DL.

Edited by rolling fog

The media are a funny lot, having a go at us ( fair enough we suck ) but bringing up about how Richmond at the end of 2016 had the potential for two board challengers and no one cares at Melbourne. What a crock, if where in the same place next year I bet there will be challengers lining up the board and then you watch Caro come out with its so destabilising it’s going to cost the club so much money it’s not what the club needs it’s so Melbourne. 

I feel it’s fair to say we have been rubbish for so long had one ok year and back down the bottom of the ladder again that other clubs, media and other supporters just feel that’s where we belong. Welcome back Saturday and Sunday early and twilight games with little talk about us. Until we have a minimum five years in a row playing finals and challenging I can’t see people outside of Demons fans ever changing their thoughts about us really.

This year has been an unmitigated disaster of the biggest proportions, thank goodness it’s nearly over bring on 2020 it simply can’t be this bad again.

If we were relevant:

• we wouldn’t sell games to the NT
  • we would have a home base
  • we would not allow GCS to get picks 1 and 2 this year.
  • scrutiny would have been applied at round 6, not 20
  • we would get a fair go or even an armchair ride from the umps

’nuff said?

• Like 3

Lets be real, we've had a horrific year and for the most part avoided the blow torch. it was always coming and it's probably deserved. 

16 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

A great example of the pot calling the kettle black. 

I thought it was a  bit rich having a go at the small crowd turn up to Saturday night's game. Melbourne supporters had good reason not to be up and about for this game. What about the Richmond supporters? Haven't they got a huge membership? They didn't bother either.

Carro’s opinion really means [censored] zero. If she had come out after 5-10 rounds and said it sure, but to wait til the season so pretty much done is a easy thing to do. 

I got banned once for giving my true opinion of her so let me just say, the only reason she prob commented on is this week is cos we played her tiggers. She is irrelevant, like hutch and Damo they care more for the scandal than the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Wilson having a crack at The MFC...

Really? I am genuinely shocked she would do that...

We are 17th with 5 wins (Very easily that number could have been 3)

We deserve whatever...

We also could have easily won several more close games. Did she lose her dentures while she was having her lisping go at us?

This year has been complete garbage, how year back it up next year could define us for the next decade. If 2020 is another disappointing year then we could slip back to being a permanent fixture in the bottom 5, if we're able to bounce back strongly and learn from the mistakes of 2019 it could set us up for a strong 5-10 years. 

As for being relevant, actually couldn't care less about that right now.

By the way, was she seriously being critical for has having 52,000 members?

• Like 1

Caro Wilson putting the boot in?  How very surprising.  She should retire, buy a cake shop and spend the rest of her life making halloween biscuits.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Now i don't watch footy classified as I have better things to do like watch grass grow or paint dry. But I assume they spent time discussing collingwoods injurys?

I hope she was as blunt about saying Collingwood fall from the top 4 since getting injurys is also pathetic. If (and i admit its a big if) we beat Collingwood this week both teams will have 3 wins post bye, one of theirs by a point and another against the Sun's. 

Teams with injurys lose matches, it's not that complicated

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, buck_nekkid said:

If we were relevant:

• we wouldn’t sell games to the NT
  • we would have a home base
  • we would not allow GCS to get picks 1 and 2 this year.
  • scrutiny would have been applied at round 6, not 20
  • we would get a fair go or even an armchair ride from the umps

’nuff said?

YEP ! Thats sums it up along with the genuine pity showed to us by supporters of other clubs. Gee I hate that.

Look, I mean, she's not wrong... i do find it funny though that ever media personality that talks about Melbourne mentions that...the media's not talking about Melbourne.

It's a class thing imo. People like Caro love seeing the Dees down the bottom while her Toiges are at the top.

But...she's not wrong.

Edited by praha
  • Like 2

I don’t like her, but she’s 100% correct.

All the work of the past few years has been undone this year, and no one is surprised or cares because it’s same old failed Melbourne.

• Like 2

We aspire to being 'scarcely' relevant !!  By Joves we'll get there ....or bust !!

I dont know about being irrelevant, because the media keep talking about us, saying we have escaped the scrutiny, feels like we have been in the gun now for 4 weeks?

What i do know is that I'm back to being embarrassed, which sux, because i love the club but its embarrassing  what they have served up this year, id rather be irrelevant than an embarrassing football club.

• Like 1