Wayne Carey: Dees Not a United Team

Demonland

44 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

When this season starts and continues week by week to its ultimate end - where the Demons are in the top one quarter of the premiership ladder - prior to the finals, of course, we will have to count all of the media's naysayers who got it so terribly wrong at this pre-season time of the year.

Carey, his mate, Robbo, and many others will be singing from a different song sheet by that time and still expecting the general public to recognise their 'insight' and 'sophisticated declarations' ... and their inherent right to sit on the bandwagon as far as the Demons are concerned. 

Correct.

A case of run with the hares and hunt with the hounds.

5 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Lets hope that his advice relates to on-field matters only. 

Hopefully no debriefs at the Carey penthouse. 

• Haha 1

Carey is a [censored], not a united team? He would know all about being involved in a united team, kangaroos were so united when he was captain he thought you could share partners, I could handle this criticism if it was someone else but when Carey comes up with this tripe it just screams hypocrisy 

1 hour ago, Demonland said:

Drawing a rather long bow for anyone to suggest that because Jesse spoke to Carey about his body language issues at some stage that he has current knowledge of the unity or otherwise of the inner sanctum of the MFC playing group.

NB: I know that you are not.

• Like 1

That was the point of my earlier question. It was well publicised that Hoges and Goody had a meal with Carey, as per Andy’s links. I was wondering whether there was anything beyond that to justify a “Carey is pretty tight with J Hogan” claim, on which to base a query about whether Carey got some possible “good oil” about the vibe at MFC.

It would seem not. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Stretch Johnson said:

Drawing a rather long bow for anyone to suggest that because Jesse spoke to Carey about his body language issues at some stage that he has current knowledge of the unity or otherwise of the inner sanctum of the MFC playing group.

NB: I know that you are not.

An enormously long bow.

Carey offers next to no value as an on-field or off-field commentator. The fact he's jumped on this bandwagon comes as no surprise.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hell Bent said:

Public knowledge,  Carey has spoken about them catching up regularly before on live TV , Talking Footy 

Even if Hogan and Carey were BFFs catching up for regular coffees (which I doubt), is Hogan really going to confide in Carey, a media analyst, about the inner workings of the club? It seems far more likely their conversations revolve around his set shot routine and how life is going in general.

I'd venture a guess that Carey has no idea how united or otherwise the Melbourne side is. None.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

We performed well in the JLT.    I see no signs of division at all and I am as pessimistic as most of us when it comes to the MFC.

THIS. - Wayne's role in the media is to sensationalise, or infer stuff that can become sensational. The evidence of course is contrary and people write narratives post hoc.

I remember when Collingwood were in their premiership year and they were amazing leaders because they could have tough finger pointy conversations on the field - and by correlation that they were winning, it was demonstrating that those tough convo's on the field were the CAUSATION of their success.... and THEN ...when they were loosing those same tough finger pointy conversations - were ALSO the cause of their failure!

Melbourne will be fine...with rifts, and without rifts...

Just now, Mach5 said:

Taking Wayne Carey seriously.

Fair call. Although I'm pretty sure I made it clear that I don't. Still this site will always present stories and issues about the Dees in the media and other places for discussion by Dees fans. No one is forcing anyone to open or read a topic.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.