Post Match Discussion - Round 23

Demonland

18 minutes ago, gregdemon said:

Agree  he is not fit  prob cause of the injury earlier in year.  At the last 3 home games I have noticed (where I sit near interchange)  he comes off almost distressed and knackered..    even in the first quarter.  A good pre season he will be right    G Max

Yeah it's a good point....g I really wondering what the hell is up with Max...Spencer would be more efficient atm.

Have just got back from my therapist (luckily got in for an appointment late this afternoon). It's actually a relief - I visualised this nightmare scenario last week and have posted such fears a couple of times in the lead up to the game. As a club we simply cannot be masters of our own destiny, so now that it is in the hands of others, it is quite calming (or so my therapist says). I watched Goody's presser and sensed a certain calmness as well. Maybe the penny hasn't dropped yet, or maybe there is a real belief that Freo will win or West Coast lose. I've made another appointment for tomorrow evening. Until then, we are still alive and if we make it, and whoever we play, both sides will start at 0 - 0. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titan_uranus said:

I hate this "we don't deserve to play finals" crap.

If we finish in the top 8 then we do, by f*cking definition.

It's a 22-game season, not a one-game season.

The Dogs lost to Fremantle in Round 23 last year. 

This

15 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

I know our club culture is built on [censored]. Have a listen to Tyson's post match pressor and it you barely here any pain in his voice. 

I dont know where to start with which players should be traded.

I know everyone sees something different in pressers every week, but I just had a watch and he did look and sound disappointed. Maybe not [censored] off like we all are, but certainly very flat

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, qarocks said:

Hogan is our guy, but sadly we flood the goal square the bomb it long over and over, so he has no chance to mark it.

Get the hell out of the goal square people, make a lead. If hogan can't mark it, Jeffy can grab the scraps.

But nope, lets bomb it long to 15 guys and hope for the best. Genius.

And bombing it today was the worst of all options as they had a very tall backline.   Pretty basic but clever selection by the Pies

Still can't understand why Frost wasn't included to add extra height down back and extra run off HB as well.

Playing the 8 man defence would make a little more sense to me if he was included when playing it for the extra run & carry on the rebound off the other flank to compliment Hibberd

28 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

I thought Trac was enormous in the guts today when shifted there.

For pure effort he is probably the only one that deserves credit. He single-handedly tried to win the game for us when all looked lost, this kid is a keeper!

He was enormous today and in a winning team would have been MVP for us Demon.  His ability to keep his feet in the contest but also pick up the ground ball or yank it out is as good as anyone right now

• Like 3

Just go home, after a drink or two for solace. I vowed not to come near here, but like a moth to a flame, I'm drawn to the suffering of my type.

how frustrating was that? 

If you had to write a template for a typical effort surely that would be it... a let a 5 goal lead happen in quarter 1, don't bother too much tackling, and make sure we handball and kick straight to the opposition at least 10 times a quarter. Yep that should get the job done. 

[censored] off.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Schneider said:

Hope West Coast win, put me out of my misery please. 

Lol.

It sort of frees up the next month doesn't it. ?

Edited by McQueen

1 minute ago, Hogan2014 said:

Just listened to Goodwin presser...

No tackle until 11min into 1st qt....WTF

Yes i just heard that as well. 

11 minutes and the entire team is without a tackle, against our most hated enemy, with Finals on the line.

Over to you Captain.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

I hate this "we don't deserve to play finals" crap.

If we finish in the top 8 then we do, by f*cking definition.

It's a 22-game season, not a one-game season.

The Dogs lost to Fremantle in Round 23 last year. 

Bulldogs tanked. They rested 5 players. We need all the diabolical luck we can get.

2 minutes ago, demondame said:

Just go home, after a drink or two for solace. I vowed not to come near here, but like a moth to a flame, I'm drawn to the suffering of my type.

how frustrating was that? 

If you had to write a template for a typical effort surely that would be it... a let a 5 goal lead happen in quarter 1, don't bother too much tackling, and make sure we handball and kick straight to the opposition at least 10 times a quarter. Yep that should get the job done. 

[censored] off.

I feel you. 

If we miss out on percentage, ignoring the losses I'll rue (Geelong, Richmond, Hawthorn, Fremantle, North), I'll also rue Fasolo's goal after the siren on QBD, not burying Brisbane last week when we hit 32 points up, and letting St Kilda and Port both back into our recent wins when we built early leads.

1 minute ago, america de cali said:

Bulldogs tanked. They rested 5 players. We need all the diabolical luck we can get.

If Essendon can't beat Fremantle, do they deserve to play finals?

If West Coast can't beat a tanking Adelaide without Walker or Talia, at home, do they deserve to play finals?

If we finish in the top 8 we earned it. And as has happened time and time again, we just don't know what will happen if we get the chance to play that first final.

28 minutes ago, Jibroni said:

I know our club culture is built on [censored]. Have a listen to Tyson's post match pressor and it you barely here any pain in his voice. 

I dont know where to start with which players should be traded.

:rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

If we miss out on percentage, ignoring the losses I'll rue (Geelong, Richmond, Hawthorn, Fremantle, North), I'll also rue Fasolo's goal after the siren on QBD, not burying Brisbane last week when we hit 32 points up, and letting St Kilda and Port both back into our recent wins when we built early leads.

If Essendon can't beat Fremantle, do they deserve to play finals?

If West Coast can't beat a tanking Adelaide without Walker or Talia, at home, do they deserve to play finals?

If we finish in the top 8 we earned it. And as has happened time and time again, we just don't know what will happen if we get the chance to play that first final.

And many on here mocked my post early in the year saying we would need to win 13 to be sure of making the eight!  And here we are

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrjonesandme said:

The 'more to play for' argument goes both ways. Clearly the significance of this game for the MFC wasn't well handled. Collingwood on the other hand had no pressure to manage and played like it. 

Yep. And we still should've caned them. 

People dont seem to realise that you dont just come out as a sydney or hawthorn outfit from day 1.

These teams are built. I understand the cultural issues being raised but our team has ability, some composure at times but they have not all played as a unit for 50 games.

If i was looking at a demon team to follow i would take the 87 side.

They were feared and fierce.

2017 side is not them and its only half built.

It hurts but they need more time

• Like 2

Today it seemed to me that very few of our players hurt as much as we do.  That's sad.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hogan2014 said:

Just listened to Goodwin presser...

No tackle until 11min into 1st qt....WTF

Whos to blame here for the lack of intensity, leadership or coaching? 

Its baffling how the players would not want to bring the intensity!

Leadership

• Like 1