Trade rumours

Big T Mac

3 minutes ago, Whispering_Jack said:

Averaging 11 possessions, they'd wanna be very damaging if the FD are into him.

• Like 1

Now the season can finally start for us melbourne supporters, post season yeahhhhhh!!!

Time to talk [censored] about how good our list will be and how "we will push for premierships in the next 2-3 years" even though I have heard this for the last 10 years 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know we were linked to Rockliff last year. I think he would be a really good get and would only cost us salary cap. Saw that he can go forward as well as be a proficient mid. I know he is another inside mid but our inside game well and truly fell to [censored] when Viney, Tyson & Jones were injured. Maybe we are offloading Watts because we need that cap space for a few trade targets.

Watts for Impey & 29

10 & 29 for Lever

2018 first & 27 for Gaff and 32

Rockliff 650-700k PA (watts salary + a bit more)

B    Jetta Omac Salem

HB Lever Frost Hibberd 

C    Hunt Jones gaff 

HF  Petracca tMac Rockliff

FF  Garlett Hogan Impey

FOL Gawn Viney Oliver

BENCH Lewis Tyson Brayshaw Melksham. 

In: Lever, Gaff, Rockliff & pick 32

OUT: Watts, pick 10, 29 & 2018 first 

There could be other smaller deals done too eg Balic coming in as depth.

One can dream I guess.. 

• Like 2

Put Watts aside, how would Hogan go in a grand final, based purely on his football ability, would teams be able to shut him down easily. For a key forward he excels in some areas such as contested marking and ability to cover the ground, but can't take a pack mark, struggles for distance when having a shot on goal and isn't the most accurate shot. I remember after we played Brisbane in round 22 posters shouted down anyone who had dare questioned him (yes just the fact he was playing was nothing short of amazing considering what he's gone through this year) when he kicked 6 straight. 5 of the 6 were 10-15 metres out directly in front, do we think in finals he's going to get the same kind of space. Whilst watching all the finals this year I've wondered how all our forwards would fare,  some very capable key forwards from other teams have struggled for different reasons. It's as if there's a collective thought process that once Hogan gets a good run at it that the areas in his game that he struggles with will just automatically sort themselves out and he'll come good. Joe Danniher seemed to remarkably improve his accuracy this year, that for me was the only area he struggles in as key forward, Hogan struggles in three and as we know there are plenty of examples of players who have struggled their whole career with fundamental basics of the game. 

Mates into me last night about Wattsy trade. 

Hawks and Pies supporters happy to take him for 2nd rounder 23 / 24 pick. 

Bombers supporter said a definite yes to pick 28. 

Seems many others happy to take a 150 game, 27yo agile 6’4 forward, skilled with excellent goal kicking.  Can play spare back or ruck roles. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Seems many others happy to take a 150 game, 27yo agile 6’4 forward, skilled with excellent goal kicking.  Can play spare back or ruck roles. 

Really [censored] at the thought of losing Watts. Annoyed at Goodwin.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Pray that he decides to stay instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GCDee said:

I know we were linked to Rockliff last year. I think he would be a really good get and would only cost us salary cap. Saw that he can go forward as well as be a proficient mid. I know he is another inside mid but our inside game well and truly fell to [censored] when Viney, Tyson & Jones were injured. Maybe we are offloading Watts because we need that cap space for a few trade targets.

Watts for Impey & 29

10 & 29 for Lever

2018 first & 27 for Gaff and 32

Rockliff 650-700k PA (watts salary + a bit more)

B    Jetta Omac Salem

HB Lever Frost Hibberd 

C    Hunt Jones gaff 

HF  Petracca tMac Rockliff

FF  Garlett Hogan Impey

FOL Gawn Viney Oliver

BENCH Lewis Tyson Brayshaw Melksham. 

In: Lever, Gaff, Rockliff & pick 32

OUT: Watts, pick 10, 29 & 2018 first 

There could be other smaller deals done too eg Balic coming in as depth.

One can dream I guess.. 

SORRY but you are dreaming hard like a Snow white. Ask Goodwin what he thinks?????????? 

2 hours ago, Whispering_Jack said:

2 hours ago, Danelska said:

Averaging 11 possessions, they'd wanna be very damaging if the FD are into him.

A bit of a problem child...my Port Adelaide sources tell me and not just the reported incident.

1 minute ago, Stretch Johnson said:

Would be very interested in Impey as a player.  Has a lot of upside.  

Isn't he the 10 possession per game player, who smashed a bunch of cars earlier this year and then ran away ( probably drunk ).

How would he fit in with the no d-ckhead policy?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Isn't he the 10 possession per game player, who smashed a bunch of cars earlier this year and then ran away ( probably drunk ).

How would he fit in with the no d-ckhead policy?

Yeah probably not then.

As a player he has a fair bit going for him but yeah... nah.  Not unless the player was willing to turn a corner and the right protections and supports were put in place.

He reminds me of a young Daniel Wells who similarly didn't get much footy early days. 

Edited by Guest

Not really Interested in Impey at all.

To lose someone who finished fourth in our best and fairest and gain a bit player at best would be a disaster.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cards13 said:

How do you think he would stand up in a grand final... 

Not worried if he is traded.

I thought our QB game was our grand final.  He stood up there rather well.

Deep down I always compared watts to goodes and the only difference really (other than the obvious) was that goodes could duck for a free kick and apply hard tackle pressure to become an umps pet

I still say this watts for mine is 26 give him one more yr aside from the hiccups this yr I think it was his best yr for us and was definitely on the up.  As they say this time of yr he ll be better for the run

Rumour I heard yesterday from a guy who has a good track record is that we have asked the question on kade Kolodjashnij as an outside midfielder. 

I really rate him as a player and very much hope he’s on the money here. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Abe said:

Rumour I heard yesterday from a guy who has a good track record is that we have asked the question on kade Kolodjashnij as an outside midfielder. 

Kade or twin brother Jake at Geelong?

Kade didn't play the last few months of the season because of concussion issues and they hope he will be ready to start preseason.  SUNS medical staff are optimistic the defender will resume full time training on the first day or pre-season...“Hopefully he’ll be in a position to resume full training and playing next year but we’ll monitor that space over the off-season,” Dr Rigby said.

Given we have had Salem who has recovered from a series of concussion issues and Brayshaw who has been so unfortunate and still at risk, I'm not sure about bringing in another player at risk.

His twin Jake has played on the wing in recent times and may be the better get.

2 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Kade or twin brother Jake at Geelong?

Kade didn't play the last few months of the season because of concussion issues and they hope he will be ready to start preseason.  SUNS medical staff are optimistic the defender will resume full time training on the first day or pre-season...“Hopefully he’ll be in a position to resume full training and playing next year but we’ll monitor that space over the off-season,” Dr Rigby said.

Given we have had Salem who has recovered from a series of concussion issues and Brayshaw who has been so unfortunate and still at risk, I'm not sure about bringing in another player at risk.

His twin Jake has played on the wing in recent times and may be the better get.

Kade, the suns player. He’s sort of being played out of position at the suns due to their rubbish list

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Abe said:

I'd love Kade at the Dees. Former number five draft pick who can actually kick the football. Kolodjashnij and Hibberd rebounding the ball out of defense would allow maybe Hunt to push up onto a wing.

I doubt he'd come cheap unless he wants out and/or the Suns are eager to send him on his way.