Changes v Brisbane

jumbo returns

Watts will not be back till he earns it, did nothing to prove that is the case from reports of his game in the vfl on the weekend, if Weideman goes out it will be for Frost, who I wouldn't mind seeing up forward again. I would have said Hannan for Salem if not for his 2 goals in the last.

41 minutes ago, Bobby McKenzie said:

Absolute rubbish jackaub. Have a look at his emotions when we kick an important goal. He is usually the first to congratulate the scorer.He encourages and urges his teammates too. He is a demon mate, true and true. Forgotten the crucial goal after a gut bursting run against Collingwood? Have a look at his form before injury. 

Jackaub posts absolute rubbish.  I've got him on ignore, never contributes anything worthwhile - the post you quoted is proof of that.

As for changes, I'd be interested to see if they bring Bugg back in or he has a crack at it back at Casey.  Weideman didn't set the world alight, but do they bring Watts back straight away?

I want us to play our strongest side possible.  Brisbane will be a challenge for us, even at the G.  Their midfield is on fire at the moment and they can cause a few problems if we aren't on top of our game.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, juzzk1d said:

Can anyone please link something official that alludes to the fact that Hogan could be right for next week? I have no idea where people are even getting this information?

Demonland podcast, Troy Chaplin says it. Was going to have a session to test out the shoulder on Saturday and it was dependent on that going well.

Like the rest of the posters, would like to see Watts in the VFL another week to work on those things Goody asked of him. 

I'm thinking:

In: Stretch

Out: Wagner

No way Bugg comes back in the side after a 6 week suspension. Hannah is lucky he kicked those 2 goals in the last qtr, was Mr. Invisible up until then and didn't even have a kick until after half time. 

1 hour ago, picket fence said:

Jack Watts will Never ever "Kick down the door" at Casey but is he isn't a better bet at this stage of the season than Weeds, I'll streak naked down Kings Cross and hope I escape unscathed!

Trying that you may be well and truly scathed, or maybe scythed??

Gee when you look at our outs:

Vanders

Stretch

Watts (dont go there)

Salem

Bugg

Frost

Hogan

Maybe Garland

Theres a fair bit of talent. MFC has done well. Maybe another big bodied player like Pedo would be great.

32 minutes ago, Jaded said:

Not a time to rest anyone right now. We are battling for finals and if we take Brisbane lightly we will lose. 

Agree changes should only be form based. I would give Weed another chance as he should have more opportunities against Brisbane. No changes for me.

• Like 1

Absolutely no chance Bugg plays this week. Lost the trust of his teammates and has to earn that back at Casey (which might not be possible in the short space of time he has left).

Wouldn't be surprised to see Frost come in for Weideman, with TMac swinging forward. If Salem doesn't get suspended, he could replace Wagner.

Petracca's badly out of form but I doubt we'll drop him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nasher said:

Why is Watts required to have a "blinder" for Casey before being considered for selection? Nobody else has that requirement. Surely all he needs to do is demonstrate a willingness to contest most of the time which is what he was dropped for.

Because he has only had one week out. That for mine is not long enough to prove he has worked on his deficiencies.  Unless he played a belter for Casey this week would I consider him for recall after just one week.

I would consider him again after a two to three weeks of solid form or one absolute barnstorming game.

I would say no different of anyone who had been dropped.

9 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Gee when you look at our outs:

Vanders

Stretch

Watts (dont go there)

Salem

Bugg

Frost

Hogan

Maybe Garland

Theres a fair bit of talent. MFC has done well. Maybe another big bodied player like Pedo would be great.

Every now and then I have to remind myself that Colin Garland is still on our list. Does anyone think he's a chance to break into the side still?

Just now, Chook said:

Every now and then I have to remind myself that Colin Garland is still on our list. Does anyone think he's a chance to break into the side still?

I think he's is a little like Howe and hasn't used all his talent at MFC. he may have to lift to get a regular gig but he has skill.

10 minutes ago, Chook said:

No

Weid competed really well, I suspect goody would have just wanted him to provide a target and give the smalls a chance. 

Id be reluctant to change the side. 

Have to take the lions as seriously as the saints, if we turn up thinking it's already won they will beat us easily. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Older demon said:

No change unless a seriously out of form Petracca is rested.

Weid and Wagner have no physical presence at this stage of their careers . Frost and Stretch IN .