Post Match Discussion - Round 18

Demonland

Some thoughts:

Great to see Hogan keep his feet and put in a second effort - led to GOALS.

OUr structure is so much better with Hannan and Trac operating (prowling) HF.

Max much better, took some great marks.

Oliver was already taking pain killers at the quarter time break.  DOnt know what was up.

Watts - rusty.

Trengove - couldn't run with his man.  Really wanted him to shine, but didn't.

Jetta is a superstar.

Lots of pressure.  Love the 4 points.  ALmost everyone contributed, a superb team effort.

I have rarely witnessed such putrid umpiring ever.  It was only because I was sitting near children today that the language was kept in check.  It was not the number, but the blatant way that the maggots are umpiring for port, and against us.  It was a frighteningly inept display.

Last thought - get on board.  Go Dees!

• Like 7

Jordan Lewis is not a good footballer.

He will never make it in the AFL.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, america de cali said:

Very impressed with Hogan's ground work when the ball went to ground at contests. Won it well and rewarded with three goals. Great to see him improve this aspect of his game. 

He was Garlettesque in his crumming.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, buck_nekkid said:

Some thoughts:

Oliver was already taking pain killers at the quarter time break.  DOnt know what was up.

Watts - rusty.

Jetta is a superstar.

Lots of pressure.  Love the 4 points.  ALmost everyone contributed, a superb team effort.

I have rarely witnessed such putrid umpiring ever.  It was only because I was sitting near children today that the language was kept in check.  It was not the number, but the blatant way that the maggots are umpiring for port, and against us.  It was a frighteningly inept display.

Great post.

I second this.

10 minutes ago, buck_nekkid said:

Some thoughts:

Watts - rusty.

Jetta is a superstar.

8 minutes ago, faultydet said:

Great post.

I second this.

giphy.gif

DFUkLi7VwAAEOHt.jpg

Thats what makes me happy today. Seeing a guy come back from horrendous feet injuries, play in teams that were repeatably thrashed, handed the captaincy when he wasnt ready and at no stage did he ever give up. Loved the ovation given to him when he ran on today and after the game when Robbo interviewed him. Know Watts was rapt to have him play in his 150th. also nice to see Goody go up to him after the game and give him a hug. 

I still think he can play in this team maybe forward or int he backline. 

• Like 20

25 minutes ago, faultydet said:

I understand weak efforts, and that's what I witnessed time and again today.

Some people see nothing but roses. I think you might be one of them.

Faulty i actually reckon today he ( JW) was somewhere in the middle of that.  A lot of polish was missing but the substance of his role I feel was carried out. Not his shiniest day for sure.

• Like 3

Who cares if Watts had a stinker? If anything it's a positive. We beat Port's best 22 (literally, they have no injuries. NONE!) with some of our best players either tiring or playing well below their best. We can go deep in September if our cripples regain their touch in the coming weeks.

• Like 11

58 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Thanks. Bit worried that, if Jonesy is back next week, he will make way. Hopefully Goody sticks with him for a couple weeks and he can show himself as heir apparent to Lewis with his skills and composure

What's being forgotten is that it was Jack's first AFL game in over a year, against a top 4 side. The reality is that Jack did everything asked of him, and did it really well. I reckon Goody and the coaching staff will be rapt with his role playing. All in all an excellent effort considering the adjustment in standard. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

DFUkLi7VwAAEOHt.jpg

Thats what makes me happy today. Seeing a guy come back from horrendous feet injuries, play in teams that were repeatably thrashed, handed the captaincy when he wasnt ready and at no stage did he ever give up. Loved the ovation given to him when he ran on today and after the game when Robbo interviewed him. Know Watts was rapt to have him play in his 150th. also nice to see Goody go up to him after the game and give him a hug. 

I still think he can play in this team maybe forward or int he backline. 

it certainly gladdened the heart.  Today was a good footy day...all round ;)

• Like 2

Just now, Webber said:

What's being forgotten is that it was Jack's first AFL game in over a year, against a top 4 side. The reality is that Jack did everything asked of him, and did it really well. I reckon Goody and the coaching staff will be rapt with his role playing. All in all an excellent effort considering the adjustment in standard. 

Goody did say after the game that Jack's first half was 'promising'. Hopefully they give him an extended run at it

• Like 1

A really good day at the footy. A Saturday afternoon game, a red ball, and the Dees were never headed all day. Not perfect, but not far off! Go Dees!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leave it to deever said:

Will 12 wins give us a finals birth?

why so pessimistic ?

• Like 2