GAMEDAY - Round 10

33 minutes ago, brendan said:

Lose today and we can forget about finals, I'm confident the boys will win however 

If we can turn 5-6 or 6-5 at the half way point of the season I think we are a big chance. Makes today super important. After that we most likely get Hogan and Gawn back ( or soon after) and given they are probably in our top five re importance to the team I think we may make a run at it late.

Everyone raving about how inconsistent we are but in every game this year,  half way through the last quarter,  we've been a big chance. Not many other sides can say that and that is WAY more consistent than we've been in years. Big strides forward.....just a few steps short when ist really counted.  Im waiting for the game they really stink it up and hope it isnt this one! 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

25 degrees at present

Based on recent days it will be 29 degrees at  game time dropping to around 20 degrees by the end of the game.

http://www.bom.gov.au/nt/observations/ntall.shtml?ref=hdr

just scroll down for current temp in Alice and surrounds

That site is showing the Apparent Temp as being only about 20.5, due to quite a low level of humidity and a strong breeze, -  gusting up to 32 Kms. 

Temp is not going to be a problem based on that and a lack of talls might be an advantage.

4 minutes ago, xarronn said:

That site is showing the Apparent Temp as being only about 20.5, due to quite a low level of humidity and a strong breeze, -  gusting up to 32 Kms. 

Temp is not going to be a problem based on that and a lack of talls might be an advantage.

didn't notice the wind... could be  a factor if it continues at that strength.

It is however predicted to lessen later in the day:

Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming south to southwesterly 20 to 25 km/h in the middle of the day then becoming light in the evening

1 hour ago, Wells 11 said:

If we can turn 5-6 or 6-5 at the half way point of the season I think we are a big chance. Makes today super important. After that we most likely get Hogan and Gawn back ( or soon after) and given they are probably in our top five re importance to the team I think we may make a run at it late.

Everyone raving about how inconsistent we are but in every game this year,  half way through the last quarter,  we've been a big chance. Not many other sides can say that and that is WAY more consistent than we've been in years. Big strides forward.....just a few steps short when ist really counted.  Im waiting for the game they really stink it up and hope it isnt this one! 

Love your optimism but I think we will have the same number of wins as last year (or one more) at the end of home and away. (without the big losses of last year) We were lucky with few outs last year and I think the Freo game will come back and bite us. Confident of today but lets be honest,,,,God himself could not predict this clubs form.

Current conditions

IMG_1909.JPGTis perfect conditions for TMAC to helicopter kicks through the goals at the moment...

Edited by Danelska

In a sense, if we lose today it will provide a great relief by knowing our finals chances are effectively zero.

3 minutes ago, McQueen said:

In a sense, if we lose today it will provide a great relief by knowing our finals chances are effectively zero.

In all seriousness where do you have them now ?

I have them already as effectively zero. Lose and they are.

I think we'll win today. I believe in the Easter rabbit too... actually ive seen more E Rabbits over the years than wins !!

Losing today is not an option.

Playing finals is the best feeling, and we have been starved of it for 11 years.  

We are making the 8 this season, end of story. Anything less is unacceptable.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, McQueen said:

And then with no expectation we'll roar home to sneak in to the 8 ;)

I'm replicating conditions to get a "game day" experience.

I've turned the AC in the home cinema to 29 and sitting in my red and blue jocks. 

An esky of iced stubbies is at  hand.

My attempt to show the colours is failing because  my guts is hanging too low. Can't do it all I suppose.

Melbourne by 19 points or I shall spank the maid.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bitter but optimistic said:

I'm replicating conditions to get a "game day" experience.

I've turned the AC in the home cinema to 29 and sitting in my red and blue jocks. 

An esky of iced stubbies is at  hand.

My attempt to show the colours is failing because  my guts is hanging too low. Can't do it all I suppose.

Melbourne by 19 points or I shall spank the maid.

Cmon... you'll spank her win or lose 

• Like 2

Well according the the W/L ratio, we are up for a win.

That being said, thank god this game isnt at the G, otherwise id be subjecting myself to the inevitable heart palpitations again.

No Ablett is huge. Control the middle and we win. I hope.