Changes vs North Melbourne

McQueen

48 minutes ago, hemingway said:

Agree, we always have trouble with their height. Also in the past, their physicality, so it will be interesting to see how we respond to their aggression. The one bonus is that there is no Boomer this year. A real test for our young Demons. We will need to move the ball very fast and direct. However, no change for me after such a good win. 

It appears Hunt is ok Ernest so you may be correct.

No change this week. Reward the team for a good team effort and get them to build consistency together.

Edited by Lord Travis

I just wanna beat these [censored] as they have won the last 12 ffs. 

Would also be nice for once to back up our win last sat against the crows. 

Edited by Demonland
Remove bad language
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, doug williams said:

Completely off topic : can someone tell me how to access games while I am out of the country from this Saturday please?

How will you be trying to watch it? On a computer or on a phone/tablet. You can buy an international pass but they aren't cheap, PM me if you'd like. 

I earmarked this game and the Saints games this year as being two very important teams in the context of our progress. Both teams have had the wood over us for a long time, we knocked the Saints one out and now it's onto the Roos (who I have always disliked for some reason). 

No team is an easy beat this year, and frankly our form at the G has been pretty average. I'd like to see us go in with no change, having a settled line up is fantastic and all the boys contributed to the win last week. Wagner would be the only one from what I saw that could be in line to be cut but I know the selection committee rate him.

Hunt looks like he's going to get up for the game, which is great news. I'd like to see him moved around the ground in a midfield capacity, his dash is exhilarating to watch and opens up the ground. 

This week is so important to our season. We win and we're back on track, lose and we're back behind the eight ball. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mongrel said:

I forgot that Nth Melbourne have the option of playing two Ruckman.

Bit of a worry if they opt to go for the two bigs especially with Waite coming back in.

They're a very tall side.

Would be a massive risk imo if we get on top around the stoppages north having too many talls would hurt them and we could run rings around them 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, brendan said:

Would be a massive risk imo if we get on top around the stoppages north having too many talls would hurt them and we could run rings around them 

I agree.

However I do think North will opt for the game plan that worked for the Hawks. Use their superior height and marking to kcik down the line to a contest. If they take more contested marks there will be less stoppages for us to win.

Edited by mongrel
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, mongrel said:

I agree.

However I do think North will opt for the game plan that worked for the Hawks. Use their superior height and marking to kcik down the line to a contest. If they take more contested marks there will be less stoppages for us to win.

You could argue that the Crows were just as tall, if not taller, during last weekends game and our pressure around the ball meant that they didn't have the time to exploit this.  Height is one thing, but using it effectively is another, and if we play like we did last weekend then there is no reason why we can't nullify their taller players as well.  Jenkins and Walker barely got a look in and I reckon Brown and Waite will have the same problem come Sunday afternoon.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Yes, he will have served his one match suspension.

Thanks, I'd been able totally ignore Norf in the news for 2 weeks, it was awesome. 

He is a concern and we might need the best CHF in the comp to head back to help out with Brown also in Norf fwd line. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wiseblood said:

He'll do his hammy as he tries to chase a rampaging Frost out of the backline in the first 5 minutes of the game. 

We are due such a blessing.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, hemingway said:

Agree, we always have trouble with their height. Also in the past, their physicality, so it will be interesting to see how we respond to their aggression. The one bonus is that there is no Boomer this year. A real test for our young Demons. We will need to move the ball very fast and direct. However, no change for me after such a good win. 

A bit of mixed messaging there, Ernest. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, greenmachine said:

no change north looked average vs swans think we should have them covered

happy.gifhappy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gifhappy.gif

I can't see hunt playing. I think the club has a policy of 1 week off after a concussion regardless how the player is feeling. Hunt had a big hit and seemed to be out for a while.

stretch in for hunt 

4 hours ago, bandicoot said:

I can't see hunt playing. I think the club has a policy of 1 week off after a concussion regardless how the player is feeling. Hunt had a big hit and seemed to be out for a while.

stretch in for hunt 

I don't like this, nor do I think this is true. Each concussion case is so different they have to be treated individually. 

If Hunt is right to go he is right to go, you wouldn't do this for any other injury so why concussion?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Josh said:

I don't like this, nor do I think this is true. Each concussion case is so different they have to be treated individually. 

If Hunt is right to go he is right to go, you wouldn't do this for any other injury so why concussion?

I do like it and think it is a decent approach to brain injury.

No other injury is your brain..

8 hours ago, bandicoot said:

stretch in for hunt 

Does this go for first time concussions?

If Hunt feels ok and has been cleared, he should play. If there's any doubt, he shouldn't. I trust our doctors 100%