Geelong In Geelong

solly21

15 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Because it's their home ground? Really all of their home games should be there...

Think what the OP means is that given this is over a 9 year period, surely on average they should of only had approx 4 or 5 home games in the final round over this period. Not 8.

• Like 2

How has everyone gone trying to get a ticket. I was going to go but the only tickets I could find was seats which are individual ones I must say and the cheapest was $55. 

I was happy to buy a $29 ticket to stand but they have all gone. So now I'm not going. Hopefully now we are on the improved we won't have to go back down there. 

31 minutes ago, dees189227 said:

How has everyone gone trying to get a ticket. I was going to go but the only tickets I could find was seats which are individual ones I must say and the cheapest was $55. 

I was happy to buy a $29 ticket to stand but they have all gone. So now I'm not going. Hopefully now we are on the improved we won't have to go back down there. 

Got myself a ticket as soon as they went on sale to general public (last Thursday @ 9am).

There was bugger all available even then. I ended up getting one of the last 50 or so $29 seats.

Never been down there for a game and going on my own so I will assess the local rabble in my seating area before cracking out the Demons gear!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, JTR said:

Got myself a ticket as soon as they went on sale to general public (last Thursday @ 9am).

There was bugger all available even then. I ended up getting one of the last 50 or so $29 seats.

Never been down there for a game and going on my own so I will assess the local rabble in my seating area before cracking out the Demons gear!

Last time I went was the 186 game! Never going back. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, JTR said:

Scary place JRT. If we win and you are wearing red n blue, make sure to carry a bunch of coins you can throw in the air to distract the rabble whilst you run out. Also, park the Merc at least a 30 min walk from the ground, unless you like key scratches. Good luck!

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 5

If you've seen a Simmonds Home you wouldn't ever feel confident in one of their stadiums.

At least Max will feel some confidence going back there ,and tear them another new one .

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

Not sure we are in a position to complain.

We have been in Melbourne in Round 1 every year since 1998, 16 out of those 18 games being at the MCG.

Hardly a relevant retort to the premise posed.

What real deal has been struck that forces us to continually make our way to the the biggest home ground advantaged team in Vic ?

It's ridiculous.

• Like 2

My girlfriend lives one block away from Skiilled Stadium. I plan to watch it in the nearest (Geelong) pub wearing my MFC scarf!

I wonder whether Geelong has played a disproportionate number of home games in the final round to help the AFL with the rest of the final round scheduling. The AFL clearly wants some flexibility in the final round so scheduling Geelong at Geelong provides more opportunities for other teams to play at the MCG and Etihad.

Having said that, 8 out of 9 is probably not quite enough to be statistically significant. It might just be randomness.

Be decades since we won two in a row there. 

I only seen the Templeton game and another late 80s WIN when Devine coached them. 

Missed the last two and the draw. Draw actually put us into the finals and put them out  

6 minutes ago, radar said:

I only seen the Templeton game and another late 80s WIN when Devine coached them. 

Missed the last two and the draw. Draw actually put us into the finals and put them out  

decades ago we played then at the G also 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, radar said:

Well over a decade since anyone won 2 in a row down there

Bulldogs Rd 9, 2002 and Rd 16, 2003 (the last of a 5 win streak)
Earlier in 2003 (Rd 6) Brisbane also won their last of a 5 win streak 

Edited by ArtificialWisdom
Correction: Rd 9 not Rd 2

I like the ground and going down there. Been doing that for about 50 years now. Don't like our draw however but would rather go to Geelong than have to ever watch a game on tv....I want to be there in the flesh every game. Fantastic ground atmosphere when it is packed out and that's how it will be Aug 27.

Got the last two restricted view seats in the doug wade stand...$60 !! Imagine the money they make from these games.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, radar said:

We should've won that draw in 2006.

I can vaguely recall Pickett kicking a goal to put us 38 points up before half time.

I have seen a fair bit of Geelong.

Obviously Dangerfield and Selwood are handy, as is Enright.  Thier bottom six are very average.

We have the game to beat them, and I believe we should win.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, JTR said:

Yeah I got one of those $29 seats also, which was a bargain considering the same seat was $49 last year.

The local rabble aren't too bad down there, as long as you're not in the standing room area. I was sitting next to a young family last year, all of whom were watching their iPads all day and didn't give a snot about the game.