Demonland Player of the Year - Round 16

Demonland

6.  T. Mac. - just one word "outstanding".

5.  Watts - continued on from last week.

4.  Gawn - his hitouts to advantage had us in the box seat from go to whoa.

3.  Hogan - he's a "keeper" (lol).

2.  N. Jones  -  tireless, tough and led ftom the front.

1.  Viney  - see Jonesy.

6. McDonald T - complete game.  Was a Colussus in defence and very effective on the offence.  I think concerns over his disposal are generally exaggerated anyway, but last night there were no errors at all that I noticed.  Makes you wonder why he can't do it all the time, but I'll definitely take it.

5. Watts - got right on top early when it counted.  Making a late season charge at the B&F now I reckon.

4. Hogan - going from strength to strength.  Took a lot of marks, got a lot of the ball, and kicked goals.  Gee you'd love to see him iron out some of those bad set shot misses, but it's a small criticism in an otherwise dominant game.  Gave me a great LOL moment when he pushed the feeble Dawson out of the way for that mark.  The empathizer in me felt a slight stab of pain on behalf of all Freo supporters because I'd have hit the roof if that was us, but I shrugged that off quickly.

3. Jones N/Viney/Tyson - I know this makes my vote illegal but I felt these three truly belonged in a block.  A dominant contested possession performance that was the major driver to us getting so far ahead in the first half.

2. Gawn - because Gawn.  His roving the ball is as exciting as his tap work.  A 208 centimetre footballer/athlete.  Highlight of the season for me.

1. Grimes - Excellent game back and didn't fade as it went out.  Contested reliably and used it well mostly.  Pleased for him.

Thought my block vote would make room for Hunt but it didn't.  If he'd used the ball as he did last week I'd have been forced to find room for him in there somewhere, but a few poor kicks dropped him to seventh.  He's just so exciting to watch though.

6- T Mac - possibly career best game. 31 disposals for a KPD is incredible. And he used the ball well

5 - Watts -   Game was won in 1st quarter and he dominated. Ended with 19 touches, 10 marks, 5 scoring shots

4 - Hogan - 20 touches, 12 marks, 4 goals, 5 tackles . Enough said

3 - Gawn - another step towards the AA team, silver service for the mids as always

2 - Jack Viney - 29 touches, 6 clearances, 7 tackles, 8 inside 50's, 3 score assists ... bull at a gate

1 - Nev Jetta - another All Australian performance, lock down job and 26 touches, great rebound.

Extremely stiff -   N Jones, D Tyson, Kent, Grimes

Edited by Petraccattack

6. T Mac

5. Watts

4. Hogan

3. Viney

2. Gawn

1. Jetta

Apologises to Grimes, Tyson, Hunt, N Jones, Kent

Edited by jane02
Omission

6. T Mac - Maybe his best game

5  N. Jones - He was there, when needed, all night.

4. Hogan. 4 goals. Marks all over the ground.

3. Tyson - Did his job without being spectacular.

2. Jetta - Very solid and created some forward moves.

1. Grimes. Ordinary start then lifted.

2 hours ago, Tessaract said:

6. T- burger

5. Jackery

4. Old Kent

3. Colonel

2. Jathan

1. G- spot Lawn Lover

I seriously have no idea who you voted for

• Like 1

6 - T-Mac

5 - Gawn

4 - Hogan

3 - Nathan Jones

2 - Hunt

1 - Grimes

Apologies to Viney,  Watts,  Tyson,  Kent,  Jetta and a number of others.

6 - TMac

5 - Hogan

4 - Gawn

3 - Watts

2 - N Jones

1 - Jetta

apologies to- Hunt, Viney, M.Jones,  Tyson, Grimes & Kent

The challengers are closing in ...

116 Jack Viney 
113 Max Gawn 
101 Nathan Jones
88 Bernie Vince
87 Jack Watts
63 Dom Tyson
53 Jesse Hogan 
51 Tom McDonald
50 Neville Jetta
34 Ben Kennedy 
33 Jeff Garlett 
30 Jayden Hunt
24 Tomas Bugg Billy Stretch 
13 Clayton Oliver Christian Petracca 
12 Dean Kent Josh Wagner 
10 Heritier Lumumba 
9 Cam Pedersen
7 James Harmes 
3 Matt Jones
2 Aaron vandenBerg

23 hours ago, Nasher said:

6. McDonald T - complete game.  Was a Colussus in defence and very effective on the offence.  I think concerns over his disposal are generally exaggerated anyway, but last night there were no errors at all that I noticed.  Makes you wonder why he can't do it all the time, but I'll definitely take it.

5. Watts - got right on top early when it counted.  Making a late season charge at the B&F now I reckon.

4. Hogan - going from strength to strength.  Took a lot of marks, got a lot of the ball, and kicked goals.  Gee you'd love to see him iron out some of those bad set shot misses, but it's a small criticism in an otherwise dominant game.  Gave me a great LOL moment when he pushed the feeble Dawson out of the way for that mark.  The empathizer in me felt a slight stab of pain on behalf of all Freo supporters because I'd have hit the roof if that was us, but I shrugged that off quickly.

3. Jones N/Viney/Tyson - I know this makes my vote illegal but I felt these three truly belonged in a block.  A dominant contested possession performance that was the major driver to us getting so far ahead in the first half.

2. Gawn - because Gawn.  His roving the ball is as exciting as his tap work.  A 208 centimetre footballer/athlete.  Highlight of the season for me.

1. Grimes - Excellent game back and didn't fade as it went out.  Contested reliably and used it well mostly.  Pleased for him.

Thought my block vote would make room for Hunt but it didn't.  If he'd used the ball as he did last week I'd have been forced to find room for him in there somewhere, but a few poor kicks dropped him to seventh.  He's just so exciting to watch though.

I like your maths. Hunt comes seventh with eight players named ahead of him.

52 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I like your maths. Hunt comes seventh with eight players named ahead of him.

I've got two things to say about that post

1. Why are you picking on Nasher's math ?
  • Like 1

Demonland Player of the Year: Unofficial Tally

Votes (games polling votes/games played)

1.      Gawn - 384 (12/15)

2.      Viney - 348 (10/14)

3.      N Jones - 324 (14/15)

4.      Watts - 290 (12/15)

5.      Vince - 264 (11/14)

6.      Jetta - 216 (11/14)

7.      Hogan - 215 (10/15)

8.      Tyson - 207 (8/14)

9.      T McDonald - 132 (9/15)

10.  Kennedy - 114 (6/14)

11.  Hunt - 111 (7/12)

12.  Garlett - 97 (5/11)

13.  Stretch - 83 (4/10)

14.  Bugg - 69 (5/14)

15.  Petracca - 56 (4/10)

16.  Oliver - 48 (4/10)

17.  Kent - 38 (5/14)

18.  Harmes - 38 (4/13)

19.  Wagner - 31 (5/11)

20.  Lumumba - 24 (2/5)

21.  M Jones - 17 (3/6)

22.  Grimes - 14 (1/1)

23.  Frost - 12 (3/10)

24.  Pedersen - 8 (4/7)

25.  vandenBerg - 3 (1/8)

26.  Salem - 3 (1/7)

27.  Trengove - 3 (1/2)

28.  Garland - 1 (1/6)

Best per round (vote order)

Rd 1 (GWS): Viney, Watts, T McDonald, Kennedy, N Jones, Oliver, Gawn, Vince, Jetta, M Jones, Hogan

Rd 2 (Ess): Kennedy, Garlett, N Jones, Vince, Tyson, M Jones, Jetta, Harmes, Pedersen

Rd 3 (Nth): Viney, Gawn, Vince, Lumumba, Jetta, Oliver, Hogan, Kent, Salem

Rd 4 (Coll): Watts, Viney, Gawn, Wagner, Tyson, N Jones, T McDonald, Lumumba, Kennedy, Pedersen, Frost, Bugg, Hogan, Jetta

Rd 5 (Rich): Gawn, Viney, Tyson, Vince, Garlett, T McDonald, Watts, Kent, N Jones

Rd 6 (StK): Hogan, Viney, N Jones, Watts, Jetta, Gawn, Vince, Tyson, Bugg, Kennedy, Pedersen

Rd 7 (GC): Gawn, Viney, N Jones, Jetta, Harmes, Oliver, Bugg, Hunt, Vince, Wagner, Pedersen, Garlett

Rd 8 (WB): Jetta, Tyson, Viney, Kennedy, Stretch, Vince, T McDonald, Watts, Hogan, Jones

Rd 9 (Bris): Hogan, Stretch, Bugg, Petracca, N Jones, Watts, Garlett, Oliver, Harmes, Wagner, Vince, Garland

Rd 10 (PA): Gawn, Jetta, N Jones, Hogan, Watts, Hunt, Stretch, T McDonald, Viney

Rd 11 (Haw): Vince, Tyson, N Jones, Jetta, Watts, Gawn, Hunt, Frost, Wagner, Petracca, Trengove

Rd 12 (Coll): Gawn, Vince, N Jones, Tyson, Kent, Bugg, Hogan, T McDonald, Petracca, Frost, Hunt, Kennedy, Watts

Rd 13 (Syd): Hunt, Vince, Gawn, Watts, Petracca, N Jones, Wagner, T McDonald

Rd 14 (Bye)

Rd 15 (Ade): Watts, N Jones, Hunt, Garlett, Jetta, Harmes, Stretch, T McDonald, Hogan, Gawn, Kent, Viney

Rd 16 (Fre): T McDonald, Hogan, Watts, Gawn, Grimes, Viney, N Jones, Tyson, Jetta, Kent, M Jones, Hunt, vandenBerg