MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 11

Demonland

Significant changes needed to be made after last week's showing, and that is what has been done.

Bigger, harder bodies will be needed against the Hawks, and that is what has been done.

All looks good to me!

7 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Best changes all season (unfortunate loss of Viney aside)

Will be interesting to see where Frost plays, and Im shocked to see Vanders back  already but very glad he is.

Vanders played in the VFL before they had the state game last weekend. 

2 minutes ago, Clint Bizkit said:

Easily the best changes (excluding Viney's injury) all year.

I'm stoked that vandenBerg is back in the team, but is he fit?

No idea why we have kept Oscar McDonald, I would prefer another runner in the team

No doubt after the game we may hear "yeah VB was a bit under done we prob shouldn't have brought him in" or something along those lines!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DeeZee said:

I like this weeks ins all big bodies 

Looking forward to some big bumps..

7 minutes ago, Petraccattack said:

Best changes all season (unfortunate loss of Viney aside)

Will be interesting to see where Frost plays, and Im shocked to see Vanders back  already but very glad he is.

I would be staggered if Frost doesn't make his defensive debut for the Dees.

With Watts, Hogan and Dawes up forward , we don't require a fourth tall fwd. 

I would think Frost will get a job on Sicily or O'brien.

Jetta on Puopolo

Hunt to be given his biggest challenge ever on Rioli simply because he's our fastest defender

Tommy Mac on Gunston. Much better matchup than Roughead (wish him well)

O Mac on Either Sicily or O'Brien

Wagner on Breust

Unlike last week I feel we have some structure up forward and down back. Three talls up fwd (Dawes, Watts and Hogan) and three talls down back (The 2 Macs and Frost).

Ofcourse it's going to mean bugger all if they smash us out of the centre and Isaac Smith and Brad Hill control the 2 wings.

I query Vanders ability to run out the game???

Really hoping we can be competitive in this one and then back it up with a win over Collingwood.

2 minutes ago, Sylvia Saint said:

I missed the Port debacle (have seen the stats), surely Kennedy is stiff to be omitted? Had a very solid year and should be allowed a quiet game.

His ankle might still not be 100%

Looks good to me too and I'm not scratching my head like I have been for multiple weeks.

There's a lot to look forward to on Saturday now, Trenners you bloody beauty, Dawes big body in the forward line and Frosty debuting down back, VDB and Oliver hmmmm.

On 6/1/2016 at 7:11 AM, Demonland said:

MELBOURNE

B: Jayden Hunt, Tom McDonald, Neville Jetta
HB: Tom Bugg, Oscar McDonald, Josh Wagner
C: Dean Kent, Jack Trengove, Bernie Vince
HF: Billy Stretch, Jack Watts, Jeff Garlett
F: Christian Petracca, Jesse Hogan, Chris Dawes
FOLL: Max Gawn, Nathan Jones, Dom Tyson
I/C: Sam Frost, James Harmes, Clayton Oliver, Aaron vandenBerg
EMG: Jack Grimes, Viv Michie, Cam Pedersen

IN: Chris Dawes, Sam Frost, Clayton Oliver, Jack Trengove, Aaron vandenBerg 

OUT: Colin Garland (cheekbone), Ben Kennedy (omitted), Alex Neal-Bullen (omitted), Ben Newton (omitted), Jack Viney (suspended)

Well I have to say really happy with changes bar one! How the hell does Oscar Mc Donald Still STILL get a game! He is worse than Glenn Giles and thats saying something! Unbelievable!

Also ,Well done Jack Trengove , I wrote him of, but this is fantastic news!

Might have preffered Grimes over Van der thing  BUT!?

Edited by picket fence

16 minutes ago, bing181 said:

May have seen the last of Dunn and Grimes in an MFC jumper ... Newton and ANB have their work cut out as well if they want to stay on the list, though ANB has youth on his side.

A few others can consider themselves lucky.

Not sure about not seeing Dunn and Grimes again in a Dees jumper, but certainly in doubt for 2017. VDB played reduced minutes and not that well and is still favoured over Grimes who has played very well at Casey. They both must be very upset and probably see no future at the club. 

Good changes. 

Will be interested to see if Dawes and Trengove can slot back to into the highest level against the reigning premiers.

its an unlikely upset , but my gut tells me we can do it.

Only when my gut is full of red wine.

• Like 1

Im going.. because of Trenners...  Ill sit on the fence, in the members near the race. And cheer like a child when they come on and off the ground, and when Trenners goes near the ball I will stand up and cheer, and when he kicks a goal I'll cry... Funny thing football, what it does to you.

For years Ive hated going to Hawthorn home games. They are so SMUG... and when they win they just ... look SMUG! As if we NEVER had a chance, why did we bother... And don't mention Jeff SMUG Kennett!  And don't mention 2000. Or Dermott smarty pants 5x 5x Brereton... I wont go on.

So this week... Im going over the top supporter wise.... and if we win.... my bike ride home up the Johnston st. hill will be the easiest its been in yrs..

This side looks like it could win....

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Sylvia Saint said:

I missed the Port debacle (have seen the stats), surely Kennedy is stiff to be omitted? Had a very solid year and should be allowed a quiet game.

If you saw my stat rankings you would probably change your view SS. Ranked stone cold bottom last week. Really stunk It up.

Risk playing AVB. I think he hasn't played a full vfl game yet so is give him an extra week

great to see a tall in frost added down back and in Dawes up front

ben ken is a bit stiff 

grimes must be starting to lose motivation. With 4 mids/half fwds coming out, he looked a likely in

Great changes. Agree with all of them. Frost to play back too. Be very interesting to see how he goes.

A big weekend for me. If we can somehow beat Hawthorn it'll be the first step in converting my fiancée (of nine years) to the mighty red and blue. 

Edited by AdamFarr